Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

AlteredCart's Buy Together

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-21-2013, 09:37 AM

X-Man

Default AlteredCart's Buy Together

Ok, lucky me when finding demos for "must have" modules. I am testing AlteredCart's Buy Together and I guess I found an bad issue.

I add to my cart a group of products with [Buy Together Now] button. Then I proceed to checkout. AlteredCart's demo shows me the cart content. I see those 3 products from the BT group. Ok here comes the nice part. Remove one, remove two products - the advantage of Buy Together these products stills appears (discount). Normally this group should not be altered by customer anyway. If you want a group, you have to buy it as it is.

Conclusion: I can buy only one product from a Buy Together group with a discount! This is not good at all ...
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: AlteredCart's Buy Together

Are you certain installation was flawless?
I was testing one of Altered Cart's new mods on Friday, and instead of immediately posting here, I sent an email to the developer and he quickly identified that I left out a step in the installation.
Even the best of us can miss these things...

One thing about Bill -- if it's broken, it won't be broken for long.

My experience with Altered Cart's OnSale - if there is a free Y item in the cart based on a qualifying X item, if the X item or threshold is removed or changed to no longer qualify, the Y item is no longer free. I know that Bill understands buy together logic -- so this is obviously something that will be corrected. Please report back and let us know if this was an installation oversight?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 AM

X-Guru

I went to Alteredcart.com and tested buy together...

A buy together grouping added two products to the cart.
It applied a discount in the cart.
I removed one item.
The discount went away.

Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

The way I'm reading it, "buy together" mod is a merchandising tool to allow merchants to make bundle offers of individual skus, if purchased together, at a discount.

it is NOT a configuration tool.

I do not own BT - but I played with the demo, and to me it looks like Buy together requires sellable skus, that are able to be purchased individually.

Do you have different expectations for this mod than what the developer published?

I just tried various buy together bundles, then removed one item -- and the discount was removed. Demos seems to perform exactly as I was expecting it. ???
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 AM

X-Man

I tested this mod on alteredcart.com demo page.

In Group 1 I added 2 products and I created a discount of 10%.

In Front-end I visited product page and I bought the group. I checkout and remove one item, then another one. The discount is still applied. This is the issue.

Talking about a bundle of products (as Buy Together creates in those Groups) should only be changed as quantity. The customer should not be allowed to change the quantities inside the group or even delete the product. A bundle is a bundle that's why we created it. You are not allow to change it, maybe only in quantity of the entire group.

Off topic: You mentioned On Sale. I would like to know users opinion about AlteredCart On Sale versus Qualiteam Special Offers. Which one is better? One is free the other one is not.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM

X-Guru

I am on a mobile device right now - so no testing the demo store -- I will later tonight.

re: OnSale --
the MOST important feature that it has that any other mod does not have is GWP (in the beauty business, Gift With Purchase is don't leave home without it).

OnSale can offer a specific product IF you buy X, or if you spend X, or if you buy X from a category, or if you spend X in a category -- it's FREAKING deep. Bill went above and beyond on this mod. It's truly one of the great merchandising tools available to an xcart merchant.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON to x-cart's free special offer or "onsale" mod.

AC OnSale is a very, very deep product. Wouldn't think of not using it in an xcart store.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
In Front-end I visited product page and I bought the group. I checkout and remove one item, then another one. The discount is still applied. This is the issue.

You're right!
http://www.alteredcart.com/demo/product.php?productid=17610&cat=244&page=1

click on the buy together bundle
go to cart
remove one item from bundle
discount remains (whoops, not the intended result)

NOW --try the same thing on the AlteredCart.com production site:

http://www.alteredcart.com/product.php?productid=4&cat=1&page=1

click on the buy together bundle
go to cart
remove one item
discount is also removed (as it should)

I think Bill will be happy to hear that you found a defect in his demo store!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Conclusion: I can buy only one product from a Buy Together group with a discount! This is not good at all ...

Here are the module options: https://www.alteredcart.com/demo/admin/configuration.php?option=Buy_Together

There is an option for the module: Allow customer to select individual products from the Buy Together group. When this is enabled a customer will receive a discount as long as they have at least one product from the "Buy Together" group. To disable the discount as soon as one item from the group is removed this option can be disabled.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:50 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
There is an option for the module: Allow customer to select individual products from the Buy Together group. When this is enabled a customer will receive a discount as long as they have at least one product from the "Buy Together" group. To disable the discount as soon as one item from the group is removed this option can be disabled.

???
<head scratching>
Obviously. LOL

I assumed that all bundle offers were void if the items in the bundle were not purchased together. It's the merchandiser in me. I want you to buy both together, and I'll give you incentive to do so -- but if you get to the cart and pull an item from the bundle, I'm not giving you the special offer. But that;'s just me.

Have you ever noticed the Amazon "buy together" offers? You save $0.02, if anything. It's a gimmick on Amazon -- but effective merchandising -- because the customer can't always do the math -- for my products which are priced whole numbers, even my most math challenged customer can add 24 + 16 to know that the $39.98 bundle deal is not much of a deal. But when the items are 22.79 and 39.94, and Amazon tries to get you to buy together for $62.75, they must know that you can't do the math - and they have the balls to say, "special bundle price of $62.75!"

This thread has piqued my interest in buy together!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4