Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Multi currency modul

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Multi currency modul

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. I test Multi currency module in http://www.build2last.com/home.php you can see multi currency there.

I am now install IP_Range module by modifying only line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'");
to
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name");

My question is-
1) Is it necessary to install IP_Range module by modifying the codes above only?
2) Are there any change of settings or some mods to be installed?
3) If so, where I find the IP_Range module setup?

Any help/inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all again.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner
Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. I test Multi currency module in http://www.build2last.com/home.php you can see multi currency there.

I am now install IP_Range module by modifying only line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y'");
to
$all_active_modules = func_query_column("SELECT module_name FROM $sql_tbl[modules] USE INDEX (active) WHERE active='Y' ORDER BY module_name");

My question is-
1) Is it necessary to install IP_Range module by modifying the codes above only?
2) Are there any change of settings or some mods to be installed?
3) If so, where I find the IP_Range module setup?

Any help/inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to all again.
Hi,
I've checked your web site and there is definitely something wrong with Multi_Currency module. Did you follow all the steps from the first post?

1) IP_Range won't be installed just changing the line above. You have to install it from another thread. The reason why you have to change the line is that IP_Range module has to be loaded before Multi_Currency and if you install it after, than you have to change this line to provide loading modules in the name order not in the order how they were installed.
2) Didn't get the question.
3) As I wrote above, the IP_Range module can be found here.

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM
Old 01-14-2009, 10:24 PM

X-Adept

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your prompt response.After all changes made step by step from 1 to 7, I have not yet install IP_Range module,just change the code of line 67 in include/data_cache.php
from
to

Now my querry is,

1) Can I able to install
IP_Range module after doing currency module set up from step 1 to 7 and modifying the above code only?
2) Is it necessary to uninstall all previous?
3) what is the process currency module first then ip range or ip range first then currency module?
4) What is the easiest way to do that install(Currency module)?

Please guide me to do that installation.

Your inputs will be immense help.

Thanks to all again.

Regards,
www.build2last.com

Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
1) Can I able to install IP_Range module after doing currency module set up from step 1 to 7 and modifying the above code only?

Yes, you can install the IP_Range module after you installed the Multi_Currency one.
Quote:
2) Is it necessary to uninstall all previous?

No, it's not. You don't have to install anything. This are two separate modules.
Quote:
3) what is the process currency module first then ip range or ip range first then currency module?

After you installed Multi_Currency module, even if you uninstall it, it's still in the database, so now you have to make changes in code as you already did. If you want to do that on the clean web site, you have to install IP_Range first.
Quote:
4) What is the easiest way to do that install(Currency module)?
Follow the steps from the first post in this thread.

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM
Old 01-15-2009, 01:14 AM

X-Adept

Hi,
Thanks virtual@croatia for your quick response. But sorry to disturb you again.
After installing ip module(Multi currency first then ip module),when i see on our site http://www.build2last.com/home.php, again default currency Indian Rupee shows and no change occurs from one currency to other currency. you can check it also.

For information my Primary currency symbol is INR & Alternative currency symbol is blank.

I have done all the steps from 1 to 7 thoroughly for currency module set up, and also install ip range module.

what else to be done? please help me!!!

Thanks to all again.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:45 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi,
After installing ip module(Multi currency first then ip module),when i see on our site http://www.build2last.com/home.php, again default currency Indian Rupee shows and no change occurs from one currency to other currency. you can check it also.

For information my Primary currency symbol is INR & Alternative currency symbol is blank.

I have done all the steps from 1 to 7 thoroughly for currency module set up, and also install ip range module.

Thanks to all again.

Can you try on a blank x-cart? Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi currency module. Maybe is something with the version of x-cart you use, or maybe some other custom module you previously installed?

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM
Old 01-23-2009, 06:27 AM

X-Adept

Hi,

I have some questions:

1)Is it possible to uninstall all of the set up for multi-currency & ip range module which I installed? If possible how?

2)You suggest me to Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi- currency module, but I have only one server where I install http://www.build2last.com (multi-currency module & Ip range module), then how can I test it again on another server?

3) Is it possible to install only Multi currency module without ip range module?or both are necessary?

4) Is paypal associated with currency ?Then paypal should be installed after currency isn't it?

5)Is SSL required to install currency module & ip range module ?

Thanks to all again.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
1)Is it possible to uninstall all of the set up for multi-currency & ip range module which I installed? If possible how?
Yes, it is. Just run installer again and you'll get the options "install again or uninstall".

Quote:
2)You suggest me to Install the x-cart again on a test server and than install the multi- currency module, but I have only one server where I install http://www.build2last.com (multi-currency module & Ip range module), then how can I test it again on another server?
It seams that you've made some changes on the x-cart before you installed the modules. That should be the reason why they don't work. I'm suggesting you to try again from the beginning cause it's really hard to find what is wrong now. There is 10.000 files which could be modified and it would take me at least couple of hours to find the error.

Quote:
3) Is it possible to install only Multi currency module without ip range module?or both are necessary?
Yes, it is, but in that case the customers will have to change the currencies by they own. With ip range module, the program will set the default currency for the customer depending the country visitors is coming from.

Quote:
4) Is paypal associated with currency ?Then paypal should be installed after currency isn't it?
You have to choose a currency in the PayPal section and all orders will be charge in this particular currency. You don't have to install paypal, it's already in.

Quote:
5)Is SSL required to install currency module & ip range module ?
No, it's not.

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM
Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM

X-Adept

Hi,

Thanks virtual@croatia for your response. You say "You have to choose a currency in the PayPal section and all orders will be charge in this particular currency. You don't have to install paypal, it's already in".
But my question is if the paypal alraedy in x-cart, the folder of paypal that have in currency module, have any modification in codes?

Thank you again.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
if the paypal alraedy in x-cart, the folder of paypal that have in currency module, have any modification in codes?

Yes, it does. The files in the first post are modified files which have to be extracted over the original ones.

Modules I made:
IP_Ranges
Multy_Currency
Order_Dates

Modules I use:
Fancycategory
Magnifier
Survey
AOM

The following user thanks virtual@croatia for this useful post:
Learner (02-05-2009)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions