Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Small mod: Leastsellers

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-28-2003, 08:51 PM

Advanced Member

Default Small mod: Leastsellers

Greetings,

I've basically "traced" the bestseller module to display products that aren't viewed much in your shop. If anyone have better optimization for search criterias for least viewed products, please do share!

Step: Paste stuff after #==Begin==# , and before #==End==# or just cut-and-paste the file.

Modify1: /x-cart-dir/modules/bestsellers.php
Code:
# $Id: bestsellers.php,v 1.4 2002/09/10 08:09:12 svowl Exp $ # # Bestsellers # # # Get products data for current category and store it into $products array # if ($cat) { $category_name = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT category FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid='$cat'")); $result = func_query("SELECT categoryid FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE category LIKE '$category_name%'"); $str = "("; foreach($result as $k=>$v) { $str .= "$sql_tbl[products].categoryid='$v[categoryid]' OR $sql_tbl[products].categoryid1='$v[categoryid]' OR $sql_tbl[products].categoryid2='$v[categoryid]' OR $sql_tbl[products].categoryid3='$v[categoryid]' OR "; } $str = ereg_replace(" OR $", ")", $str); $search_query = "$str and $sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y' and $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 and $sql_tbl[products].views_stats>0 group by $sql_tbl[products].productid order by sales_stats DESC, views_stats DESC limit ".$config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]; #=======Begin===============# $search_query_reverse = "$str and $sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y' and $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 and $sql_tbl[products].views_stats>0 group by $sql_tbl[products].productid order by sales_stats ASC, views_stats ASC limit ".$config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]; #=======End================# } else #=======Begin--IMPORTANT=======# { #=======End--IMPORTANT========# $search_query = "$sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y' and $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 group by $sql_tbl[products].productid order by sales_stats DESC, views_stats DESC limit ".$config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]; #=======Begin===============# $search_query_reverse = "$sql_tbl[products].forsale='Y' and $sql_tbl[products].avail>0 group by $sql_tbl[products].productid order by sales_stats ASC, views_stats ASC limit ".$config["Modules"]["number_of_bestsellers"]; } #=======End================# # $bestsellers = func_query("SELECT $sql_tbl[products].* from $sql_tbl[products] WHERE $search_query"); $bestsellers = func_search_products($search_query, $user_account['membership']); #=======Begin===============# $bestsellers_reverse = func_search_products($search_query_reverse, $user_account['membership']); #=======End================# $smarty->assign("bestsellers",$bestsellers); #=======Begin===============# $smarty->assign("bestsellers_reverse",$bestsellers_reverse); #=======End================# ?>

I modified the left-column bestsellers menu to be the least sellers, but if you want the central section to be the leastsellers instead, use the same logic below for bestsellers.tpl. If you need help please let me know by PM.

Step: Create filemenu_bestsellers_reverse.tpl in /x-cart-dir/skin1/modules/Bestsellers/
Modify2: Cut and paste menu_bestsellers.tpl, add _reverse to all bestsellers wordings.
Code:
{* $Id: menu_bestsellers.tpl,v 1.5.2.1 2003/01/17 10:52:01 svowl Exp $ *} {* ==mod==Under Section, I've set max=5 to limit looping====*} {if $bestsellers_reverse} <TABLE border=0 cellPadding=5 cellSpacing=0 width=100%> <TR> <TD class=VertMenuTitleLeft height=26 width=5%></TD> <TD class=VertMenuTitle valign=center>{$lng.lbl_specials}</TD> </TR> <tr><td colspan=2 class=VertMenuItems> {section name=num loop=$bestsellers_reverse} {math equation="value+1" value=$smarty.section.num.index}. {/section} </td> </tr> </table> {/if}

Final Step: in /x-cart-dir/skin1/customer/home.tpl ammend
Code:
{include file="/modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl"}
to
Code:
{include file="/modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers_reverse.tpl"}
Old 03-31-2003, 10:02 AM

X-Man

nice way of promoting unpopular products well done.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:13 PM

X-Adept

I like this mod, but is there a way to get the Best Sellers list display the most "viewed" products instead of most sold?

BTW....running v3.5.3

Old 01-24-2004, 12:43 AM

X-Man

it is possible - you would need to amend the sql query in the bestsellers.php file that grabs the products depending on the sales stats and the view stats to just the view stats.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:59 AM

X-Adept

Thanks funky...I think I got it to work.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions