Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-30-2006, 06:56 AM

Will 4.1 work with Quickbooks 2006?? Intuit is ending the life cycle of 2003 for support and some integrated features. 4.0.17 still only works with 2003 without customizing the tpl. There was some talk from the X-cart folks about building a true integration with QB, but that was last year and no word since.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:16 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle
Will 4.1 work with Quickbooks 2006?? Intuit is ending the life cycle of 2003 for support and some integrated features. 4.0.17 still only works with 2003 without customizing the tpl. There was some talk from the X-cart folks about building a true integration with QB, but that was last year and no word since.

This should be removed from the box cause I have yet to see a working solution for any branch.

I have QB's and have never been able to import info from XCart into QB's

Everything has had to be added by hand.

You mean someone has an actual version working? Who did you pay to get this to work? Would also be nice to have it myself.

Will Quick Books work on the new 4.1 version or just say it will?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
This should be removed from the box cause I have yet to see a working solution for any branch.

I have QB's and have never been able to import info from XCart into QB's

Everything has had to be added by hand.

You mean someone has an actual version working? Who did you pay to get this to work? Would also be nice to have it myself.

Will Quick Books work on the new 4.1 version or just say it will?

LOL. I have QB Pro 2003 and 4.0.17. The IIF export works ok. I do tweak the output a bit just to get things where I want them, but it basically works.

As I understand it, Intuit is abandoning the IIF format and going to something else using the Quickbooks SDK. Not sure where 2006 is on this though. There are some 3rd party tools that import csv files into 06 from ecommerce sites, but nothing yet specific to Xcart I can find. The tools I've looked at all seem to be lacking some important feature, so I haven't made the leap.

I've not seen any talk of 4.1 supporting newer versions of QB. Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Decimal points disappeared

Unusual thing happened: All the decimal points have disappeared on the 4.1b2 test site I installed. In other words, a price of $59.99 appears as $5999. Even in product options (i.e.: +9.95) the decimal point is gone ($995). Editing a product in "Modify Product" and adding the decimal does not correct the problem.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:55 AM

X-Adept

Default Descriptions for Product Thumbnails and Detailed Images

We really need and it would be a nice feature to add Descriptions (a caption) for Product Thumbnails and Detailed Images so that the Caption would show up under the Thumbnails and Detailed Images

Just in case someone askes, No the Alternative Text text is not what I'm interested in, a Description or Caption field is what is needed
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Ability To have Indiviual shipping charges per Item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMason
Hi,

A great feature that I know is very possible as there's module add-ons for this but what really would be useful would be the ability on each product added to define a shipping charge per product within the standard x-cart installation.

I.e When adding a product there would be a Postage/Shipping option to specify a price and then a destination to assign the shipping to. This could work by using the same principles when adding product variants. So you could assign different shipping costs based on location using drop downs and input boxes.

Postage Cost: [ бё2.00 ] Destination [ United Kingdom ]
Postage Cost: [ бё4.00 ] Destination [ Europe ]
Postage Cost: [ бё6.00 ] Destination [ USA ]

This could be at the bottom of "Add a Product" page and would sit very nicely.

How would that work when someone buys four different products? Would they be charge 4 times what they should actually pay for shipping.

IE item a, b, c and d each cost $2.50 to ship individually but when shipped in one box only cost $4.50 but the customer paid $10.00 under your method.

That's a feature we would like - though surely you would have a global discount that is they ordered 2 products then there would be a form of discount. It would be great to have amechanism to specify individual shipping rates per product based on location.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:46 AM

Advanced Member

Maybe lock this thread as the RC is out now?

Its Elixir Wholesale - www.itselixirwholesale.com
Product: X-Cart Gold
Version: 4.0.17

Real Champagne - www.realchampagne.com
Product: X-Cart Gold
Version: 4.0.17
Old 02-08-2006, 03:05 AM

X-Cart team

This is a thread on RC1: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=26243
Please send your comments there
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements