Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Shipstation?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Shipstation?

When you say " it [Shipstation] is simply changing the status. It is NOT the same as selecting the Complete status and then updating from the admin"...Where is shipstation changing the status? In its own interface, or in X-Cart?

You said that the integration involves "2. enter your admin password in shipstation interface", are you talking about my XCart Admin password? Do you feel this is secure? Can the password you give shipstation be a fullfillment user account and not a full admin in Xcart?

Can you tell Shipstation which orders to bring in from XC (maybe based on XC Status) or does it bring in ALL orders regardless of status?

BTW: thanks for the heads up on the Cannon printer. I am in the market for one as well.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM

X-Adept

Ditto on Endicia we have used them for years on the Mac.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:17 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
When you say " it [Shipstation] is simply changing the status. It is NOT the same as selecting the Complete status and then updating from the admin"...Where is shipstation changing the status? In its own interface, or in X-Cart?

Shipstation brings in "processed" orders to its interface (ship these orders now). Once "shipped" it changes the status in xcart to "Complete" and Shipstation archives all shipments in its interface as well.

Quote:
You said that the integration involves "2. enter your admin password in shipstation interface", are you talking about my XCart Admin password? Do you feel this is secure? Can the password you give shipstation be a fullfillment user account and not a full admin in Xcart?

I don't know. I know that if a breach occurred and it was proven to originate at shipstation, they would be out of business. Ask them?

Quote:
Can you tell Shipstation which orders to bring in from XC (maybe based on XC Status) or does it bring in ALL orders regardless of status?

See above. it brings in all "processed" orders that need to be shipped.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 AM

X-Adept

Carpeperdiem,

Just got off the phone with Shipstation.

1. They think providing a "fullfillment" account rather than full admin account priveledges might be sufficient (she suggested I "try it")

If Shipstation moves the X-Cart order from Processed to Complete automatically, how do you handle partial capture of funds? (we partial capture in XP then set the status from Processed to Backordered when a customer requests that their order be split into two shipments cause of backordered products)
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
If Shipstation moves the X-Cart order from Processed to Complete automatically, how do you handle partial capture of funds? (we partial capture in XP then set the status from Processed to Backordered when a customer requests that their order be split into two shipments cause of backordered products)

We use the interface provided by our gateway.
ALL payments in X-P are processed as "auth and capture" on the X-P side, but our merchant bank then defaults all transactions to "pending". We have to go in daily and confim all transactions before the batch runs (ion their site). We can reduce the amount of the transaction, but we can't "split" a transaction (capture 50% today, 50% next week) - this is a limitation of our merchant bank and gateway. So if customer orders $210 of stuff, and we only can ship $189, we adjust the transaction to $189 and then the customer must reorder. I'd say this happens twice a year for us, so this system works out just fine. For us.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM

Advanced Member

Not sure how many of you care about this feature but I was testing shipstation for the FBA module and found a way better solution.

Amazon offers the ability to add prime on your website (not webstore) and gives a discount for doing so.

I am currently working on the integration but all you need is checkout by amazon and you activate the prime feature. You then add a widgit on each product page that is FBA item, when a order comes in using checkout by amazon and the customer is using the prime option the order is sent straight to amazon.

The best part about this feature is you save $3 on each multi channel order when a customer uses the checkout by amazon on your website with the prime account feature on the product detail page.

With 11 million users on prime I find it very important to offer it on the products that are eligible on my site. The number will continue to grow and giving this option on your site is a good tool to push buyers to order with their prime details, now the customer feels they can use the prime account outside amazon.

You can still use shipstation for people that dont use the checkout by amazon feature and use a prime account but wanted to share with you the massive $3 savings, They give you the same rate as if it was sold on amazon for a multi channel item.

You can read more about it here.
Participating sellers can enable Amazon Prime on Your Site for free. While all standard fees for Amazon Webstore, Checkout by Amazon and Fulfillment by Amazon still apply, sellers adding Amazon Prime on Your Site will be able to take advantage of a $3 discount on FBA Multi-Channel Fulfillment rates for orders containing at least one item fulfilled through Amazon Prime on Your Site

https://amazonpayments.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/Checkout_by_Amazon_Prime_US.pdf

X-Cart Mobile
X-Cart Snippits
X-Cart Refine Filters
X-Cart Cloud Back UP
X-Cart Make Model Year
X-Cart Abandon Cart
X-Cart Brain Tree Module
WebsiteCm - CMS Blog
WebsiteCM - SDSEO Pro
WebsiteCM - Custom Tabs
Website CM - Product A-Z Map
BCS - Pre Order
BCS - Quote Module
Old 10-11-2014, 08:11 PM

eXpert

Ok, so I stumbled across this post a few days ago, and have spent the last several days looking over the shipstation blog, videos help files, etc - and it looks fantastic.

I'm wondering if you're still sold on it, well over a year later? And I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it might overwrite the order notes when it updates... have you found this to be true? Because that would be a serious issue for me that would require me to code a new field that it didn't touch, or something similar...

Anyway, I'm almost ready to jump on the free trial, but I thought I'd see if there are any thoughts this far down the road in using it...

Thanks!
Chris
AlteredCart: On-Sale, One Page Checkout, Checkout One Payments (although that's not working yet)
BCSE: Back in stock Notify, Checkbox Radio Mod, Upselling Links
SMACK: CDSEO Pro, Product Map
X-Cart: Gold+, Mobile
(still trying to get working: Gahela Support Suite)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:30 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by christindall
I'm wondering if you're still sold on it, well over a year later?

I am still a very happy ShipStation customer. Multi-channel support. Etc. Couldn't imagine having to copy/paste order info ever again. Since we have a very active Amazon business as well as our website (and we also do flash sales with sites that provide a csv fro dropship) -- not using a service like this would be suicidal.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
christindall (10-13-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 08:32 PM

X-Wizard

Hi "J", just wanted to say it's nice to see you post. Always enjoy reading them and learning from you. I check your site every once in a while and noticed the big change... Hope all is going great for you!

Paul

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (10-13-2014)
Old 03-18-2015, 11:49 PM

X-Cart team

Hi everyone!

ShipStation team has just published X-Cart 5 extension in our marketplace:
http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/ShipStation.html

The one for v.4 is available too, see here:
http://marketplace.x-cart.com/addons-modules/store-management/shipping/ShipStation

Last edited by Ksenia : 03-25-2015 at 12:33 AM.

The following 2 users thank Ksenia for this useful post:
tony_sologubov (03-23-2015), totaltec (03-19-2015)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4