Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

check box for "same as billing address"

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 02-08-2006, 10:08 PM

has anyone figured out how to get this mod to work with additional fields in billing/shipping info?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:16 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
has anyone figured out how to get this mod to work with additional fields in billing/shipping info?
I can't think off the top of my head why this would be a problem. Are you trying to include additional fields in what gets copied? Or are you seeing some other error?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 PM

im trying to include additional fields in the copy
Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
im trying to include additional fields in the copy
I haven't done this yet, but you should just need to add the lines to the javascript code. First find out which fields you want to copy and to where. A good way to do this is to look at the page's source code. Here are two sample methods that should both work:
Code:
// get additional fields by their id var addField2 = document.getElementById('additional_values_2') var addField3 = document.getElementById('additional_values_3') addField2.value = addField3.value
Code:
// values from numbered form elements form.elements[5].value = form.elements[6].value
The first example uses the id parameter of the input field. Mine looks like this:
Code:
<INPUT type="text" name="additional_values[2]" id="additional_values_2" size="32">
The second example gets the value by explicitly identifying which input element in the form has the value. You have to count the form elements starting with 0 to find this. It might take some trial and error and maybe using alert(form.elements[5].name) to help you identify the field you are trying to use.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 AM

Quote:
A good way to do this is to look at the page's source code.

thank you, i dont know why i didnt think of that
Old 02-09-2006, 06:49 AM

so this is what i ended up with in copybilling.js
Code:
function InitSaveVariables_shipping(form){ additional_values_5 = form.additional_values_5.value; additional_values_6 = form.additional_values_6.value; s_address = form.s_address.value; s_address_2 = form.s_address_2.value; s_city = form.s_city.value; s_state = form.s_state.value; _s_state = document.getElementById('_s_state').value; s_country = form.s_country.value; s_zipcode = form.s_zipcode.value; } function copybilling(form){ if (form.copyb.checked){ InitSaveVariables_shipping(form); form.additional_values_5.value = form.additional_values_2.value; form.additional_values_6.value = form.additional_values_3.value; form.s_address.value = form.b_address.value; form.s_address_2.value = form.b_address_2.value; form.s_city.value = form.b_city.value; form.s_country.value = form.b_country.value; form.s_zipcode.value = form.b_zipcode.value; change_states(document.getElementById('s_country'), 's_state', 'State/Province', '', '', '', ''); form.s_state.value = form.b_state.value; document.getElementById('_s_state').value = document.getElementById('_b_state').value; } else { form.additional_values_5.value = ""; form.additional_values_6.value = ""; form.s_address.value = ""; form.s_address_2.value = ""; form.s_city.value = ""; form.s_country.value = form.b_country.value; form.s_zipcode.value = ""; change_states(document.getElementById('s_country'), 's_state', 'State/Province', '', '', '', ''); form.s_state.value = form.b_state.value; document.getElementById('_s_state').value = ""; } }
Old 03-10-2006, 03:55 AM

Advanced Member

I successfully implemented this in a 4.0.14 store that I did. But I am now doing another store, and it's in 4.0.17. I wasn't able to simply copy the same stuff over and get everything to work correctly. Having the name copied to the billing part works fine, but when I check the box to move the billing fields into the shipping fields, I get an error. It unfortunately doesn't give me much to go on, on where to troubleshoot.

So, has anyone successfully get this to work in v4.0.17 ? Or, I guess more importantly, what has changed between versions that I might be able to rework this myself?

***EDIT***
I went back into my store with Friefox and enabled the Javascript Console. It gives me a detailed error message now:

Error: document.getElementById("_s_state") has no properties
Source File: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/skin1/copybilling.js
Line: 10

In the copybilling.js file, this is line 10:
_s_state = document.getElementById('_s_state').value;

I have copied and pasted the javascript I am using from redlime's example.

Thanks!
Brian
- CDSEO module

X-Cart Gold v4.1.11 [unix]
***38,000+ active products!
- CDSEO module
- Address Book module
- Reorder module
- Smart Search module

X-Cart Gold v4.4.2 [unix]
- in development now!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:01 AM

Advanced Member

Has anyone tried to get this working with the County field? Country works fine, but County is giving me problems. Not sure what to do.

- X-Cart Gold v4.1.5 and v4.0.17-
Windows 2003 Server, IIS6, PHP 5.2.13
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM

This mod rocks

Also can do a onblur if needed. I didn't want a check box so I removed the checkbox and ran a little onblur js function to copy each field as the user enters it...Probably not useful for most stores, but very much needed for mine
X-Cart Gold 4.0.18
Old 05-01-2006, 12:03 PM

Advanced Member

Hello, I tried to sort thru all the snippets of code to try to get this working for x-cart gold v4.0.18 but no luck.

Can somebody who's using this mod on v4.0.18 help on what needs to be done and where? Thank You.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions