Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 alpha 1 Release - Non Production Test Version

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-22-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Amazon - Login Related Products

Dude... that is an EXCELLENT IDEA.

I am going to extend that a bit....

First an admin should have the option to turn these things on or off...

Second... there are a buch of companies where customers always buy certain products over and over again therefor there should be the ability to assign certain products to "reorder products". This way once he logs in it would show these products if he has purchased them in the past.... Also once should be able to set a variable to if a customer purchased the same product "x" times (on different days) it would automatically show that prouduct as something he may want to order again.

It would also be excellent to show additional products he may be interrested in based on what he has purchased in the past... for example... lets say he purchased an HP 4L Laser Printer (I know... thats really old product but the only one that comes to mind)... now based on the fact that he purchased that it should show him the reorder supplies for that product so he has quick and simple access.

If this could be integrated with an auto email engine so it would even notify the customer within "3 months" that for his <product> he can buy these options/reorder supplies it would trigger more return visits/pruchases.

Finally... I do believe there should be an option that this type of data in not only presented once he logs in but also when he just visits the homepage (via cookie).

My god... integrate these ideas (even as a module) and I am positive people that are serious about selling online will purchase it.

Keep up the good work guys...

CH
Old 06-22-2004, 12:37 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX
I think it's about the time to upgrade, look here:
Smarty 2.5.0 Source April 11th, 2003
Smarty 2.6.3 Source June 16th, 2004

Not only that, but Xcart should take advantage of the new features available in Smarty 2.6.x. For one thing, minimize the use of the very slow math function and do direct, in template math.
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 06-23-2004, 04:33 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-dreamer
One thing I find missing with a lot of scripts is a very basic template set, stripped down to the minimum basics. Having one would make some designs a lot easier to create.

At the moment with the current templates we have to adapt the existing design, rather than start from scratch which is often easier and quicker.

Just installing ver 4.00 to have a look.

LiteCommerce has this.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 06-23-2004, 04:41 AM

correct - but you should include a different template set with gold.

CH
Old 06-24-2004, 04:58 AM

Default German language pack fpr x-cart 4?

Hi,

i just installed x-cart 4 and noticed, that the german language is missing. when will it be available?

Tobias
Old 06-25-2004, 11:46 AM

Advanced Member

Default x-cart-4[1].0.0B1

WOOT WOOT!

Theres a suprise in ver 4.1.0.0B1

ok ok

- Smarty template engine upgraded up to version 2.6.3;

4.xxx has been upgraded to beta now as well
Old 06-26-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Changes to user registration

I noticed a great change in the user registration form in xcart 4.0.0B1 gold. It's something we paid the xcart folks to develop for us for version 3.5.7 about a month ago, and it is very useful.

In the default installation, when a user registers and chooses United States as the country, she/he is presented with a list of states in the US. If she/he chooses another country, the "State" field becomes a text box.

It is relatively easy to make other countries' states also be presented in a pulldown, though it requires direct entry of states into the database. It's a process simplified greatly using a spreadsheet for preparation, and I will be glad to share how it's done if asked.

There are, however, other changes I would strongly recommend the xcart developers make to the user registration form:

1. Add a second address line for Billing and Shipping addresses (haven't there been hundreds of requests for this?).

2. Allow new registrants to enter a first name, last name, and company into shipping and billing addresses. It is not uncommon to have these be different from each other and from the "Personal information".

Here's an example:

Samuel Uncle works for a company called Burton Halli, Inc., a general services firm that often needs to purchase goods that are sent to its clients directly. One of Burton Halli's clients is called Baghdad Oil. Samuel Uncle needs to purchase a hard hat from an xcart shop that is to be shipped directly to an empoyee of Baghdad Oil named Ilie Chalabi. Burton Halli is set up in such a way in that all its material purchase payments are made through the chief financial officer at one of its subsidiaries. The subsidiary is called Pennsylvania Avenue Partners and the CFO is named Dirk Shady.

So, when Samuel Uncle wants to make this transaction, he will need to set up an account at the xcart shop where:

Personal Information is name: Samuel Uncle; company: Burton Halli.

Billing Information is name Dirk Shady; company: Pennsylvania Avenue Partners.

Shipping information is name: Ilie Chalabi; company: Baghdad Oil.

Currently, there is no way of entering different personal, billing and shipping names and companies in xcart.

3. Make it the default that a new member does not see the "Signup for membership" pulldown menu. I would bet most shop owners want new members to automatically be in a single group and most shop owners who have different groups don't want new members to even see what they are.

4. There seems to be a bug in the new user registration in 4.0.0B1. Even when all the required information is entered correctly, the registration is not allowed . A Javascript info box appears saying The required "e-mail" field is empty, even when theres a valid address in e-mail.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:06 AM

X-Man

THANK YOU X-CART FOR LETTING THE COMMUNITY BETA TEST THIS SOFTWARE!

I AM SURE YOU ARE AMAZED AT ALL OF THE FEEDBACK.

SMARYT 2.6.3 WOOHOO!

(I know caps are annoying but I really was yelling at my monitor while typing this!)
Old 06-26-2004, 05:18 PM

Will the Return Mod released with the official 4.0.0, or for what is the table return_time?

A Bug? ( i added a membership price)

If i searching for something, got this error:
INVALID SQL: 1109 : Unknown table 'xcart_products_categories' in order clause
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_products.*, MIN(xcart_pricing.price) as price FROM xcart_products, xcart_pricing WHERE xcart_pricing.productid=xcart_products.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=1 AND xcart_pricing.variantid = 0 AND (xcart_products.product LIKE '%taken%') GROUP BY xcart_products.productid ORDER BY xcart_products_categories.orderby ASC LIMIT 0, 30
Old 06-26-2004, 05:20 PM

it would be great if x-cart would add the wholesale pricing option to the import products function !!
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements