Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments Pop-up help window - 1995 interface

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM

X-Guru

Default X-Payments Pop-up help window - 1995 interface

Dear Alex and X-Payments team:

re: X-Payments iFrame (vers 1.0.5 and 1.0.6)

The pop-up window for the CVV2 "help popup/question mark icon" is a throwback to 1995.

1. The window opens in the far upper left corner, regardless of computer screen size or browser window size;

2. The window is a html window, complete with a Title Bar is named, "X-Payments", and an address bar that is the address of the help file - which gives the customer the full path to the x-payments application -- is that a good thing? I surely don't want my customers to see this -- combined, these two items take the user away from the branded store, and into X-Payments land.

You can change the html title (do this at your own risk)

file:
<xpdirectory>/lib/XPay/Skin/Payment/Popup.php

find:
<title><?php $this('Label_Text')->write('X-Payments'); ?></title>
Edit your pop-up title. I called mine, "Card Security Code Help"

BUT that's not enough -- the address bar shows the complete path to XP -- this should NEVER be visible to a customer.

WHAT IT SHOULD BE:

1. Same content, colorbox or other jquery popup, title of the page for metatag purposes is: "Card Security Code Help" (even though no title is really needed for this since it's a help popup). This popup should be an iframe colorbox, centered on the display.

2. the XP iFrame input field description needs to be changed as well. CVV2 says, "I'm a geek". "Card security code" is not. I got tired of poking around. Is this a variable stored in the database? I couldn't find it. Anyone know where it lives?

This is minor and cosmetic, but there are 1000 minor cosmetic edits that will make this better. The popup is so 1995 right now.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Payments Pop-up help window - 1995 interface

My guess is this is based on the way 4.1.x stores worked where you will have file like help_CVV2.tpl and the CVV2 comes from the file name so you can't really change it to some free text....
Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM

X-Adept

Carpeperdiem,

Thanks for finding this, although I disagree, this is not minor. I REALLY do not think it is a good idea that customers see the X-Payments path or even see the X-Payments name. It scares them away. Not to mention telling the world that you are using a piece of software named X-Payments invites them to narrow their hacking attempts or exploit vulnerabilities that otherwise they would have been shooting in the dark about. Bad security is what I'm saying.

QT - please please provide a fix for this that we can all apply simply, just tell us how to change the window title and get rid of (hide) the address bar. PLEASE!
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 AM

X-Cart team

> just tell us how to change the window title and get rid of (hide) the address bar.

You can change front-end templates as well as install X-Payments into any folder that does not contain "x-payments" in its name. Also, iFrame integration hides address of X-Payments.
X-Payments product manager
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions