Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.4 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-12-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.4 released

I tried to upgrade from 4.1.3. It wouldnt patch func.core.php or the mysql db. I ended up just reverting back to 4.1.3 with my backups and saying screw it for now.
+remember anonymous carts
Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM

eXpert

Hmm. On a fresh install of 4.1.4 I am unable to modify or add products, with this error:

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'kustomrides_[database].product_shipping' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:select xcart_shipping.shippingid, shipping, product_shipping.shippingid as prod_shippingid, productid from xcart_shipping left join product_shipping using (shippingid) where productid=''

But what I did was export "product_shipping" sql file from 4.1.3, then imported it into 4.1.4 database. That solved the problem.

When adding a product, I noticed that I can establish shipping-per-product methods ... something I could only do in 4.0.18 with BCE's module. So I LIKE that! (unless it was something I tweaked when trying to add their module to 4.1.4 ... ?)

Anyway, still testing.

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro
Old 12-12-2006, 05:21 PM

eXpert

Anyone know if the shipping label integration is only for shipping, or if it is also integrated with returns? The demo of v4.1.4 has this module turned off so I cannot test it out.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltribes
Has anyone gotten the USPS shipping labels to work? I keep getting errors when trying to download the labels in step 2:

ExpressMail 1: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.
ExpressMail 2: An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator.

Judging by the error message, the problem is on the USPS side. After a number of attempts to find a solution for this issue and contacting the USPS support several times, we only got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of the issue with this test request."

So, I can only assume the issue will be fixed some time.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
Anyone know if the shipping label integration is only for shipping, or if it is also integrated with returns? The demo of v4.1.4 has this module turned off so I cannot test it out.

The module Shipping Label Generator is for gathering shipping labels from USPS (TIFF or PDF) and UPS (via UPS Worldship software). It is not integrated with returns.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomrides
Hmm. On a fresh install of 4.1.4 I am unable to modify or add products, with this error:

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'kustomrides_[database].product_shipping' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:select xcart_shipping.shippingid, shipping, product_shipping.shippingid as prod_shippingid, productid from xcart_shipping left join product_shipping using (shippingid) where productid=''

It seems you have some customization as there is no table 'product_shipping' in the default X-Cart database.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:08 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomrides
[EDIT: Nevermind ... Anonymous Checkout is disabled when FastLane Checkout is selected. If you unselect FastLane Checkout (and do not deselect Anon Chkout), then Anon Checkout is allowed. So this means that FastLane checkout for some reason disables Anon Checkout.)

Anonymous checkout does not depend on Fast Lane Checkout module status. Make sure the option checkbox 'Disable anonymous checkout' on the General settings/General options page is unselected.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:15 PM

Advanced Member

Ok I got it to install. Love it so far except I can't log into the admin with Firefox. IE logs in fine. But Firefox is redirected to the login screen in admin.

The customer section so far is working well on both IE and Firefox.

BUT! This I can say this, MAN this cart is fast!
Easy CheckOut
ezUpsell
Multiple Upselling Links
Order Management Made Easy
Old 12-12-2006, 11:05 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan501
Ok I got it to install. Love it so far except I can't log into the admin with Firefox. IE logs in fine. But Firefox is redirected to the login screen in admin.

The customer section so far is working well on both IE and Firefox.

BUT! This I can say this, MAN this cart is fast!

It seems we identified the issue, but the conditions for reproducing it are somewhat specific...
Can you please PM me providing the URL and login/password to the admin area if it is accessible from the web and if you do not mind us investigating the problem on your site?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 PM

X-Cart team

Regarding all the complaints about upgrading...
Upgrading is a complex operation, which cannot be performed without additional adjustments if the X-Cart store being upgraded contains some customized files that are affected by the patch. Even if you have a fresh 4.1.3 you can get some difficulties because of issues that might arise while unpacking the upgrade patch (e.g. see http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=148672#post148672).
All I can advise here is follow the instructions in the README file of the upgrade pack very carefully. If, nevertheless, you cannot do the upgrade, contact our support team.

Thank you.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements