Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Anyone moving Prostores to X-cart?

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 11-19-2010, 12:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default Anyone moving Prostores to X-cart?

Hi, I wonder if anyone is moving from Prostores to X-cart? I've heard a few. But I think I'll soon do the opposite, moving from x-cart to prostores. I'd like to hear why people moving from Prostores to X-cart before migrating x-cart data.

The reason is that I'm doing the selling on ebay and website so it's better it can sync both inventory data in one place.

I like to hear any comment. Thanks in advance.

Jon
Back in Stock Notification
Customer Reward Points
Buy Together
Smart Template
xcart Store Manager v3.3.0
Old 12-09-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Anyone moving Prostores to X-cart?

Hi,
We went from PS to XC because Prostores was full of problems. The site was buggy no matter what we did. They performed updates without notifying us, literally stopping our income. (There was a weird lock over the checkout button keeping customers from clicking and placing their order) When we contacted customer service they simply said there was a bug and they were working on it. No ETA, no apology, nothing. One time they lost an entire years worth of email. They also don't offer cPanel! You get no control besides listing your items and hoping the customers can drag themselves through the shopping process.

The site layout was nasty and didn't offer many templates other than some really bland ones. They will design a front page for you but it will probably cost you $600-$1000 dollars

plus the cost. You want a shipping calculator? plan on paying $600+.....you want an onSale equivalent? that might be another $1000.

Oh, and don't forget the $150 a month for "hosting"

And as far as ebay integration is concerned, it does nothing more than the x-cart ebay mod does.

We have not been on their service for a couple years, so things may have changed. This was just our experience.

We picked X-cart based on a referral and are pretty happy with it. We are looking into another monthly service called zoovy simply for the Ebay lister that is (supposedly) the best available. If i were going to go monthly i would check them out before pros***.
Buy Together
Kosmos Central
auth.net

www.utopiatools.com
Old 12-10-2010, 02:59 AM

X-Cart team

Moved to X-Cart forums > Planning Your Project > Considering using X-Cart for my project
X-Payments project manager
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 PM

I agree with Toolman.

Why pay a monthly fee plus 1/2% of your sales to someone else? You have very little control or access to your own store and no CPanel.

They will be fazing out EBay redirect to your Prostores website which was actually one of the reasons why we went to Prostores.

Limited to website modification unless your willing to pay.

Prostores is great if you want to open up a quick store and not be involved with any website modifications... But I would have to say xcart for the one price and no monthly fees is the way to go.

Just my opinion.

The following user thanks JDAM1 for this useful post:
ambal (03-02-2011)
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project