Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Adding Price into Product box on Sub-category pge

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Default Adding Price into Product box on Sub-category pge

Hi There,

Just wondering if you can help me out. I have spent a couple of hours in the forum and can not find what I need.

I would like to add the price to the product boxes that appear on the sub-category pages. Here is a page that has the product boxes:

http://www.designerdogwear.com/Dog_Hat.html

I need to know which template to update and what to include. I can then play from there.

Thanks
Justin
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Adding Price into Product box on Sub-category pge

Are you looking to add prices to the Category images that are displayed? You cannot add prices to these as the categories are the only images on the page you posted.
IIS/Apache/NGINX Webservers
Old 08-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Please take another look. I think the images on that page are product images not category images. I created each one as a product, not a category - http://www.designerdogwear.com/Dog_Hat.html.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:58 PM

eXpert

ok...sorry I missed that one. They looked like categories and I never clicked on one.

Well since your using multi-colum product listing, you are using the products_t.tpl unless you edited your products.tpl to reformat to multi-colums. That template by default included pricing.

the file is located @ skin1/customer/main/products_t.tpl

Did you edit that file?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 AM

I had a designer do some work for me and I was hoping to do this work myself. Hoping to save some money, so in the template I am not sure what needs to be there to include the price.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 PM

eXpert

in your skin1_original folder is the base file most likely and it will have the original code for that template. From there you can see how the included price was used. Copy and paste where/how you want.

Did you set and install the X-Cart or did your designer do it for you?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM

I had a friend set up a test site so we could redesign it and then I had the designer move it for me.

Any ideas on what I am looking for in the original code?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 AM

eXpert

This is the base pricing section of the code that is used for products_t.tpl....

{if $products[product].product_type ne "C"}
<br />
<br />
{if $active_modules.Subscriptions ne "" and $products[product].catalogprice}
{include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscription_info_inlist.tpl"}
{else}
{if $config.General.unlimited_products ne "Y" && ($products[product].avail le 0 or $products[product].avail lt $products[product].min_amount) && $products[product].variantid}
&nbsp;
{elseif $products[product].taxed_price ne 0}
{if $products[product].list_price gt 0 and $products[product].taxed_price lt $products[product].list_price}
{math equation="100-(price/lprice)*100" price=$products[product].taxed_price lprice=$products[product].list_price format="%3.0f" assign=discount}
{if $discount gt 0}
<font class="MarketPrice">{$lng.lbl_market_price}: <s>
{include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].list_price}
</s></font><br />
{/if}
{/if}
<font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].taxed_price}</font><br /><font class="MarketPrice">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].taxed_price}</font>{if $discount gt 0}{if $config.General.alter_currency_symbol ne ""},{/if} {$lng.lbl_save_price} {$discount}%{/if}
{if $products[product].taxes}<br />{include file="customer/main/taxed_price.tpl" taxes=$products[product].taxes}{/if}
{if $active_modules.Special_Offers ne "" and $products[product].use_special_price ne ""}
{include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/product_special_price.tpl" product=$products[product]}
{/if}
{else}
<font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_enter_your_price}</font>
{/if}
{/if}
Old 08-11-2008, 05:01 AM

Wondering if you can help me out? Looking at the file I can not see what to do to bring back the price. Guess I have no experience with Smart Tags yet.

Her it is:

{if $products[product].product_type ne "C"} {*

{if $active_modules.Subscriptions ne "" and $products[product].catalogprice} {include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscription_info_inlist.tpl"} {else} {if $config.General.unlimited_products ne "Y" && ($products[product].avail le 0 or $products[product].avail lt $products[product].min_amount) && $products[product].variantid} {elseif $products[product].taxed_price ne 0} {if $products[product].list_price gt 0 and $products[product].taxed_price lt $products[product].list_price} {math equation="100-(price/lprice)*100" price=$products[product].taxed_price lprice=$products[product].list_price format="%3.0f" assign=discount} {if $discount gt 0} {$lng.lbl_market_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].list_price}
{/if} {/if} {$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$products[product].taxed_price}
{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].taxed_price}{if $discount gt 0}{if $config.General.alter_currency_symbol ne ""},{/if} {$lng.lbl_save_price} {$discount}%{/if} {if $products[product].taxes}
{include file="customer/main/taxed_price.tpl" taxes=$products[product].taxes}{/if} {if $active_modules.Special_Offers ne "" and $products[product].use_special_price ne ""} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/product_special_price.tpl" product=$products[product]} {/if} {else} {$lng.lbl_enter_your_price} {/if} {/if} {if $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne '' && $products[product].fclassid > 0} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/compare_checkbox.tpl" id=$products[product].productid}

{/if*} {*** Uncomment it if you need 'Buy Now' button *** {if $usertype eq "C" and $config.Appearance.buynow_button_enabled eq "Y"} {include file="customer/main/buy_now.tpl" product=$products[product]} {/if} *** Uncomment it if you need 'Buy Now' button ***} {/if}
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM

eXpert

are you using the html catalog?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design