Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Back In Stock Notifications

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM

eXpert

Default Back In Stock Notifications

Can someone suggest an alternative to the BCS Engineering Back In Stock Notification module.

I can't get it to work properly on my store, and neither can they, and my database has been deleted twice now in the process of trying to get it working and I'm over it. $6k of potential sales down the drain, I'd rather try an alternative solution.

Does anyone else make one or do I need to pay x-cart to custom write one for me.

(currently using 4.1.11 but in the process of upgrading to 4.4.4 - need a solution for both version)
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Back In Stock Notifications

I can code this for you. Or walk you through it. Give me a call 502-773-6454 or email @ mike@babymonkeystudios.com. Ready to help.

You can see my professional help offer/resume here: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=61845 or you can search my posts in this forum.

I can also provide references if required.

-Mike
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 PM

eXpert

Can you fix the BCS Engineering one or do you have your own?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM

X-Guru

I can do either. I can custom code this or fix their's if they allow the source to be open. Of course, Qualiteam can also. I have never experienced a better result than from their services. I highly recommend QT's custom development. Where I can be helpful is when you want more personalized service.

-Mike
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Veteran

BCS code is encrypted. And surely enough QT or any other developer here can do this for you
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM

eXpert

I think I may get something custom written. Has anyone used http://mods.x-cart.com/Inventory-notifications-for-customers.html with any success?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM

X-Guru

I haven't. But I like the fact that they offer the full source code. I have never found a mod that behaved exactly the way the client wanted without further customization. Therefore I dislike closed source mods. No disrespect to BCSE, from what I hear they are great.

-Mike

XcartGuru

Old 12-14-2011, 06:53 PM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowdog
I think I may get something custom written. Has anyone used http://mods.x-cart.com/Inventory-notifications-for-customers.html with any success?
Considering that this is written by QT it will work, it should be standard for XC and included but....
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 AM

Advanced Member

We used the BCSE mod in 4.1 and now have it working in 4.4 - works fine with no real issues.
CDSEO
Linux
Old 12-15-2011, 03:35 AM

eXpert

I have had a terrible time with the BCS version for this mod, and I don't understand why. Firstly my pack of installation files were incomplete, so my install didn't work correctly. It half worked.

Because of this, I paid them to fix the install. They accidentally wiped the database of notifications from my system as they treated it like a new install, despite knowing this was fixing an install I had started.

Thankfully I had a laptop here that had the page open from the night before and I could print them out and put them back in by hand.

Still not working, and more than one attempt to fix the install again for me, and yet again, they've wiped about $6,000 worth of potential sales from my database. I just hope that they can restore it to before they played with it lsat, otherwise I have a lot of stock sitting in a warehouse and customers who have no idea it has arrived.

Guys, I hope you read my emails overnight and are able to restore the database you killed about 24 hours ago and I can at least report that you may have had an issue, but you've fixed it for me. I need those $6,000 in sales back.

I have been very patient until now. Time is one thing, not getting something to work is another thing, but breaking something completely that was at least half working before and wiping out $6k in potential sales is a big kick in the pants for my business at this time of the year. I really do hope you created a backup and can restore it without touching any other part of the store.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4