Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How to save 19,074$ in one year - Abandoned Cart Reminder from Cart on Steroids.com

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-01-2010, 03:46 AM

Default How to save 19,074$ in one year - Abandoned Cart Reminder from Cart on Steroids.com

Recover orders and regain the money you loose.
http://www.cartonsteroids.com/Abandoned-Cart-Reminder/

One of the most important modules we have developed, Abandoned Cart Reminder is already responsible for the recovery of tens of thousands of dollars for the clients who bought it. For a single client, in the last twelve months, Abandoned Cart Reminder recover 201 transactions generating $19 074$. Shopping cart abandonment can mean the difference between profitability and loss.

Real print screen from Google Analytics:

Traffic sent by Abandoned Cart Reminder has am improved eCommerce conversion rate by 2550%.
Abandoned Cart Reminder saved a minimum 2 orders in May and a maximum 50 orders in February (49 orders in December).

Industry research shows up to 75 percent of shoppers abandon their online shopping carts before completing the checkout process. That’s why shopping cart abandonment is a significant problem.

A simple reminder can increase your sales, and Abandoned cart reminder helps to accomplish this by sending abandoned carts alerts automatically. After been installed, It will take a few minutes to set it up and after that it will automatically dispatch the email reminders according to your settings. Alerts will be sent with a delay that you set (we recommend 1-2 days to avoid being obtrusive).

List of features:
o Sends email alerts to prospective customers
o Enables customers to recover their carts with just one click;
o Automatically logs in registered customers
o Stop alerts when a customer makes a purchase
o Enables Admin to recover their carts with just one click for phone ordering
o Enables Admin to delete alerts;
o Provides Admin an editable language variable for reminders;
o Allows Admin to configure the delay period between the abandonment and reminder;
o Enables Admin to setup unlimited reminders and to choose when a cart can be considered abandoned for good and deleted
o Shows the history of sent reminders and allows to delete them;

Free Lifetime X-Cart Modules and Add-ons Updates
We provide our customers with free upgrades of X-Cart modules and add-ons they buy, limited to the product version branch.
It means, that buying a product version N.x gives right to receive free lifetime updates for the version brunch N. (N.x, N.x.x).

LATER EDIT: Works even with UNREGISTERED customers
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Default Re: How to save 19,074$ in one year - Abandoned Cart Reminder from Cart on Steroids.com

I▓m back with another example about the advantages of cart abandonment recovery. Honestly, I▓m amazed about how modest interest has this problem on forum.

This case is about a business targeting women (fashion/beauty industry) with a better checkout process than first example. That▓s why we have now only 1% of the total revenue generated by ACR (Abandoned Cart Reminder). And from this overview two important commercial periods are missing: Christmas and Valentines Day √ in first example we have a full year.

This is a young online shop who implemented ACR in the last days of February. We can easily examine that in first full month, in March, ACR recovered over 600 dollars. Much more than money paid on this module.

Real print screen from Google Analytics:
http://stayalive.ro/Cart-Reminder-II-CartOnSteroids.gif
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Default Re: How to save 19,074$ in one year - Abandoned Cart Reminder from Cart on Steroids.com

Third example: this time we have a start-up who implemented Abandoned Cart Reminder from the first day (in May). Is a store who sells jewelry and fashion accessories, 7-th months old and already have recovered lost orders with a total value of more than fifteen hundred dollars.

In June was his best month because of a Google Adsense advertising campaign. Interesting to analyze are those 12 orders recovered by ACR corresponding to 9% of total orders and the money recovered represent 16% of total sales.

With exception of July, value of monthly total sales recovered exceeds the cost of the module. And remember, this is a brand new shop. That▓s why Abandoned Cart Reminder works wonderful for a store with tradition or a start-up.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM

X-Wizard

Hi,

can you provide any more detail on exactly what this does, what does it email/when etc.

I like the idea, but I don't want to annoy customers either. I can't decide if more people would be annoyed to get something unrequested,

thanks

Previous Versions included
BCSE Reward Points Mod
Altered Cart On Sale Mod
Wordpress Plugin

Please don't PM me for support. I help where I can on the forum and your question will more likely be answered there.

Shout me a Coffee!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 AM

What it does
The module is logging everything user puts in his cart and, at precise moments, sends a reminder on email. Number and frequency of reminders are set by admin. Also the message can be changed from language variables.

From my experience, I recommend to send maximum two reminders, at 2-4 hours and 24 hours.

I don't know if someone is disturbed by the reminders. I have received "thank you for telling me" emails but never someone complained about the reminder.

And you have to choose from probably annoying some persons and certainly recover between 10 and 35 per cent from your abandoned shopping carts.

The complete list of features:

* Works even with UNREGISTERED customers
* Sends email alerts to prospective customers
* Enables customers to recover their carts with just one click;
* Automatically logs in registered customers
* Stop alerts when a customer makes a purchase
* Enables Admin to recover their carts with just one click for phone ordering
* Enables Admin to delete alerts;
* Provides Admin an editable language variable for reminders;
* Allows Admin to configure the delay period between the abandonment and reminder;
* Enables Admin to setup unlimited reminders and to choose when a cart can be considered abandoned for good and deleted
* Shows the history of sent reminders and allows to delete them;

From what signals i see in the eCommerce market, 2011 will be the year of "lets reduce cart abandonment".
Old 11-30-2010, 01:09 PM

X-Adept

Maybe I'm deft, but, if the shopper is annonymous, as most are who abandon carts, where do you get the email addys from?
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 11-30-2010, 01:18 PM

The email address and the name are requested just before the checkout process begins, after the prospective customer press CHECKOUT. You have a real example at www.modes.ro (you can abandon a checkout process there and see the module in action - live shop, no test orders pls)

Old 12-02-2011, 07:41 AM

Just wanted to put in my experience with this module...

It does what it says it does, functionality-wise. We did not like the popup asking anonymous users for their email before the checkout process, and then having them enter it again during checkout (we use the One Page checkout module from alteredCart, so I can't speak for regular Fast Lane Checkout). I can say however, that their support is top notch and they even offered us a refund on the module outside of their standard return policy. Great customer service!

X-Cart Version: 4.4.3 Gold
Old 12-04-2011, 12:01 AM

Thanks for your kind words, sorry our module could not help in this case.

With some customizations though, the module can be integrated with One Page Checkout - so the user only enters the name and e-mail address once - either in the pop-up, or directly in the checkout page.

We have done this before for a customer and he was quite happy with the result.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:16 AM

X-Guru

I find the entire concept to be evil and bad form by the merchant.

If a brick & mortar retailer put a salesperson at the door and gave a "friendly reminder" that "you left some items in your shopping bag -- would you like to buy these items?" -- I would slap them. And never come back.

There are countless reasons people load up their cart, and don't check out. A less than ideal checkout process contributes to this -- and lack of shipping costs/delivery times -- BUT... once customer decides to abandon, we (merchants) are done. WE HAD OUR CHANCE and we didn't convert. Move on.

IN my store, my customers are busy women -- frequently mothers, and at any moment, a child will pull them away. That's normal. And they frequently come back to check out a more convenient time. If I started sending "reminders" I would lose their business forever.

Does Walmart.com do this? Amazon? Of course not. For active registered shoppers, Amazon does send "customers who were looking these items often like these items as well..." but that's opt-in only.

I am a very active online shopper and if ANY retailer did this shit to me, I'd blacklist them.

Just sharing.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4