Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

MagneticOne Store Manager -- anyone got it?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-18-2010, 12:21 AM

eXpert

Default Re: MagneticOne Store Manager -- anyone got it?

Hi,

I'm not going to do a big review, just points that are useful to me:
We have over 15000 products, daily price feeds from 6 suppliers in various formats, we need to get these prices and stock feeds in easily, XCM does the job perfectly.

When we get a new supplier we build the new sections import products, extra fields and images using XCM, again apart from empty value for extra fields being added no problem, (we have a script to remove these) basically apart from some moving around which we do with X-cart the whole process is done with XCM.

We don't use it for anything else but this so can't comment.

It's far from perfect, but it save me about 20 hours a week, support is there, eventually, sometimes and the answers are not 'complete' the product is updated at regular intervals so is supported.
One Page Checkout, On-Sale, Dynamic Images ++++ Loads of others.
+ 2 Multi Domain stores on 4.1.9

The following user thanks Tony Pearce for this useful post:
cday (09-18-2010)
Old 09-18-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pearce
Hi,

I'm not going to do a big review, just points that are useful to me:
We have over 15000 products, daily price feeds from 6 suppliers in various formats, we need to get these prices and stock feeds in easily, XCM does the job perfectly.

When we get a new supplier we build the new sections import products, extra fields and images using XCM, again apart from empty value for extra fields being added no problem, (we have a script to remove these) basically apart from some moving around which we do with X-cart the whole process is done with XCM.

We don't use it for anything else but this so can't comment.

It's far from perfect, but it save me about 20 hours a week, support is there, eventually, sometimes and the answers are not 'complete' the product is updated at regular intervals so is supported.

Thanks for the info. I have been using the demo for a few weeks and at this point i'm not going to get it. I don't have good reviews from anybody and I grow tried of buying stuff that I am unsure of.

So if someone can please give a good rundown it would be wonderful.
PHP 5.3.3
MYSQL 5.1.5
Morning Glory Cooperative
WIKI.COOP
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Advanced Member

We use the store manager and export all mod from Magnetic one.
Web server Apache/2.2.15
I like my reality better.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM

eXpert

We recently purchased Store Manager. I have been spending some time trying to figure it out. You can manage the backend from the Store Manager, but it seems to be faster to just go in the Admin for changes. But I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. You do have to be careful, because it is connected directly to your server and database. It makes it difficult to play with. I haven't tried any imports yet because I am afraid if it is not formatted correctly, our database can really get screwed up. The documentation warns of database "destruction". I know, back-up first, but I think the only way I will be confortable trying an import is if I close the store while I do it. This time of year, I hate to close the store, even for a short time.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA
We recently purchased Store Manager. I have been spending some time trying to figure it out. You can manage the backend from the Store Manager, but it seems to be faster to just go in the Admin for changes. But I haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. You do have to be careful, because it is connected directly to your server and database. It makes it difficult to play with. I haven't tried any imports yet because I am afraid if it is not formatted correctly, our database can really get screwed up. The documentation warns of database "destruction". I know, back-up first, but I think the only way I will be confortable trying an import is if I close the store while I do it. This time of year, I hate to close the store, even for a short time.

It's better to use PHP MySQL Bridge Connection than Direct Connection in Store Manager for X-Cart. It gives you ability to work with your data locally. And after reaching good results you can synchronize information. Read the article about this here http://www.xcart-manager.com/php-mysql-bridge-connection
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4