Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Facebook automation module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-19-2011, 01:09 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Cart Facebook automation module

Ok. our team will assist you and provide updates in the ticket. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candc
Hi,

Yes that is all sorted thanks.

We still can't get this to work, although it seems you got it to work ok on your test account

I still can't see how this mod can work on a fan/business page at all, you must have a profile attached for the app to work.

It is probably just a setting, but struggling here.

The following user thanks Dongan for this useful post:
candc (08-19-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 02:47 AM

eXpert

Thankyou Dongan
BCSE Global Product Options
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
MM OPC - Gave up with it
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD

Ver 4.4.4 Gold
Ability
BCSE Pre Order
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD
Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 AM

eXpert

Well it works, I needed to redo the token as well, that sorted it

Bad news is we are back to the business page problem.

To have the app, you must have a profile. You cannot have a profile on a business page apparently.

So I have added a personal account as admin to the page to get round this.

You cannot use the app when logged into facebook on the business account.

You must sign out, then sign in again on the personal account.

The app will then work, but it posts to the wall of the personal account, not the fan page.

Dongan, you do state it will work in a business page, can you, or anyone tell me how this can be done

Thanks
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
MM OPC - Gave up with it
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD

Ver 4.4.4 Gold
Ability
BCSE Pre Order
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Guy,

Let me try to explain in detail.

Yes. You need to create an app using your business profile (Login) one time and Configure it. Yes. You can post the updates in your wall of a business page, not on the wall of an app page.

The reason why we allow to create an individual app for every user is "in future when we add more features, it is easier + these updates will appear in Facebook Global search results that will increase your product visibility".

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoval
Hi Dongan, thank you for the reply. So does this mean I can post to a wall of a page or do I still ahve to create an app? My facebook account for my business has a wall for the profile, a wall for a page and a wall for the app so I would prefer to get rid of the app and just market via the page as this seems to be far more popular than asking people to connect to an app, especially with all the security fears going around.

Thanks Dongan

Guy
Old 12-30-2011, 06:02 AM

X-Wizard

Hi Everybody,

We have released the next major release, Version 2.0.

Here are the changes list/improvements:

PHP Code:
0000462: [ImprovementThumbnail Image resizing
- 0000448: [ImprovementIntroduce the tool tip
- 0000449: [ImprovementValidation for all the settings fields in the admin should be made
0000450: [ImprovementChanges in the facebook settings in the store admin
0000451: [New featureBulk product update should be updated
0000454: [New feature] Default image for the Manufacturer when there is no image
0000455: [New feature] Default image for the category when there is no image
0000456: [New feature] Default image for the product when there is no image
0000457: [RemovalRemove Bitly
- 0000458: [ImprovementSEO friendly URL support
- 0000459: [New featureQuantity in stock display
0000460: [New featurePrice display
0000461: [ImprovementAdd product description
0000440: [New featureBusiness and profile page conflict
0000437: [New featureCheck for spam control 

How the upgrade works?

Since it is a major release, there is no direct upgrade option/patches. You need to uninstall the older version & install the latest version

Were previous posts/history removed from Facebook Wall if we upgrade?

No. They will NOT be lost. They remain in Facebook wall. But, the current history in x-cart admin panel will be lost.

How much the upgrade cost?
  • If you have bought the module with installation services after July'2011, please drop an email to support@mercuryminds.com. We will perform this upgrade at free of cost for you.
  • If you have bought the module only after July'2011, please drop an email to support@mercuryminds.com along with your x-cart version & Website name. The updated files will be emailed to you. No cost for this.
  • If you have bought the module with installation services before July'2011, please drop an email to support@mercuryminds.com. We will perform the upgrade for you. It will cost 25$ only for performing upgrade and latest version.
  • If you have bought the module only before July'2011, please drop an email to support@mercuryminds.com along with your x-cart version & Website name. The updated files will be emailed to you. This will cost 25$ only for latest version files.
Thank you for your continual support.

The following user thanks Dongan for this useful post:
candc (12-30-2011)
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongan
Hi Guy,

Let me try to explain in detail.

Yes. You need to create an app using your business profile (Login) one time and Configure it. Yes. You can post the updates in your wall of a business page, not on the wall of an app page.

The reason why we allow to create an individual app for every user is "in future when we add more features, it is easier + these updates will appear in Facebook Global search results that will increase your product visibility".

Hi Dongan, good to see the new release and am keen to get my two sites working again with this mod but your explanation still confuses me & I have some concerns. I see that you are saying I an publish to a page but it has to be a new page configured with app details, not an existing page.

Also, the way I see Facebook being presented to me is that an 'app' is listed with apps whilst 'page's are listed with other pages, they are different things.

Since I last approached the use of this mod I have seen an increasing amount of news and concern about security issues with apps gathering profile data from people so I dont see marketing on FaceBook with an app is going to gather as many followers as a safe, straight forward page.

Can I not point this publishing mod to publish to my existing page? I have seen a number of site or device apps out there which simply allow you to post to a profile or better still, a page.

Essentially what I am asking is, if I have existing pages that have lots of likes, this is where I would want to publish all my x-cart store news to, not have to create a new 'app' / 'page' thing to then have to start again gathering 'likes' from everyone.

Thanks

Guy
Numerous, ney, hundreds of modifications by ARS.
AlteredCart: Download Expander, One Page Checkout,
BCS Engineering: Great team, Top service.
WebsiteCM: good products & very professional
CDSEO, Hidden Categories, Custom Work
Magnetic One Store Manager: Brill
Forms To Go: Excellent+A+support

The following user thanks crazyoval for this useful post:
Dongan (01-08-2012)
Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM

X-Wizard

Hi,

Please write your queries to support@mercuryminds.com. The team will provide a detailed explanation. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoval
Hi Dongan, good to see the new release and am keen to get my two sites working again with this mod but your explanation still confuses me & I have some concerns. I see that you are saying I an publish to a page but it has to be a new page configured with app details, not an existing page.

Also, the way I see Facebook being presented to me is that an 'app' is listed with apps whilst 'page's are listed with other pages, they are different things.

Since I last approached the use of this mod I have seen an increasing amount of news and concern about security issues with apps gathering profile data from people so I dont see marketing on FaceBook with an app is going to gather as many followers as a safe, straight forward page.

Can I not point this publishing mod to publish to my existing page? I have seen a number of site or device apps out there which simply allow you to post to a profile or better still, a page.

Essentially what I am asking is, if I have existing pages that have lots of likes, this is where I would want to publish all my x-cart store news to, not have to create a new 'app' / 'page' thing to then have to start again gathering 'likes' from everyone.

Thanks

Guy
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4