Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XCSEO Pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 AM

X-Wizard

Default XCSEO Pro

MODERATORS NOTE: This vendor has stopped responding to e-mails/orders, and has been banned from the forum for unethical practices. It is highly recommend that you don't order from this company.

XCSEO Pro development is based on experience developing the highly popular XCSEO Basic module, which has been available for free to the X-Cart community for 3 years. XCSEO Pro is preferred by many users due to it's greater speed, features, and search engine results over other SEO modules, such as CDSEO Pro & DSEFU Pro, with many users actually leaving such other SEO modules to use XCSEO Pro.

XCSEO Pro is available for $119.99. At that price point, it is easily the best deal for an SEO module for X-Cart, considering it has a better feature to price ratio than any competing commercial module!

XCSEO Pro is currently live on many client websites, without any known issues.
A sampling of client websites is listed below:

FEATURE LIST
  • Supports URL rewriting of Categories/Products/Manufacturers/Static Pages
  • Supports Manual URLs, meaning if you want to specify help.php?section=faq to be rewritten as frequently-asked-questions.html, you can do so. - This feature is completely unique to XCSEO Pro!
  • No subfolder requirement/limitation
  • URL history, so that if any url is changed, 301 redirects will occur for visitors to the historic urls
  • Fast! - due to code quality and query caching
  • Central URL management utility to manage all urls from a single interface
  • Automatically generates new url when managing products that don't have a url
  • Url management via CSV import/export
  • Custom Page Titles
  • Custom Meta Keywords and Descriptions
  • Custom Link hover-text
  • Control your link value by marking non-important pages as no-index or no-follow. - This feature is completely unique to XCSEO Pro!

REASONS TO PURCHASE
  • High quality support - any issues reported by clients thus far have been resolved within a matter of hours
  • Faster than the competing SEO modules
  • No more broken URLs - With XCSEO Pro, when you change a url, old urls automatically 301 redirect to the new location due to our URL History feature!
  • Constantly under development - at PHP Site Solutions, we don't "release and forget" our modules - each module is updated for performance, fixes, and enhancements, with free updates provided to all purchasers
  • No customer left behind! - with PHP Site Solutions' modules, you don't have to worry about your purchase becoming obsolete due to a "new product release" - XCSEO Pro will never be replaced or made obsolete by a "newer" module that you have to re-purchase, as all development is contributed back into the module that you already own!
  • Less expensive, yet with more features, than the competition!
  • Module developed solely by PHP Site Solutions! - XCSEO Pro has been created solely in-house, meaning PHP Site Solutions has a complete understanding of the module's functionality, and as a result can provide support that reflects such familiarity with the module.

SUPPORT

Updates are provided freely to all customers, and customers that purchase the extended install option will receive free installation of all updates for the period of time specified!
Additionally, support for any bugs/issues is provided for free, as are most feature requests that can be contributed back into the overall module feature list.

REQUIREMENTS
  • X-Cart 4.0 or 4.1 - (most current version is always recommended)
  • Linux/Unix/Windows based hosting with Apache, Zeus, or ISAPI Webservers - (Most servers use Apache)
  • Apache's mod_rewrite (or Zeus/ISAPI alternative) enabled - (Almost all Apache servers already have mod_rewrite enabled)
  • Server must support or allow the Ioncube loader for encoded files!

DISCOUNTS FOR MIGRATING
  • 25% discount off purchase + install price for users migrating from CDSEO! -- Contact us for this discount
  • 15% discount off purchase + install price for users migrating from DSEFU! -- Contact us for this discount
Old 05-15-2008, 11:15 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XCSEO Pro - Best X-Cart SEO module available!

Below is a testimonial, written for XC SEO [basic]. I felt it is relevant, as XCSEO Pro is based on some of XC SEO [basic]'s code and principles, and it also references the quality of results you can expect from PHP Site Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Study: JoBananas.com

Having been running our online business since 2000 on a leading UK based HTML shopping cart solution, towards the end of last year we decided that some of our required features were unable to be developed by our current vendor. With this in mind we began the process of evaluating a suitable replacement that gave us a greater degree of flexibility in design and expansion.. Having a few years X-Cart experience under our belts on smaller scale stores we decided that X-Cart met almost all of our needs and took the plunge to make the conversion.

Once our design was complete and the products had been loaded (all done in house) our next challenge was to decide on a suitable SEO option as by default the X-Cart PHP URL or HTML catalog was never going to be an ideal solution. After reading forums and customer reviews our initial decision was to plum for the CD-SEO module and in November our site was live and running on this mod. We always had a couple of reservations about CD-SEO.

a) CDSEO always seemed slow to output pages. ( I guess due to a lot of the code being obsfucated, code design, etc)
b) We were always concerned about burying our URLs in a sub category as this is how CD-SEO works and is sold as an advantage for the user to add "additional keywords" into the page URL. All the SEO talk we have ever read tells you to get your product URL coming off the sites root directory. One of the most common questions asked on the support forum is how do I move my cart to root level!

After a few months our internal pages were beginning to slump in the SERPS even after being properly managed by .htaccess and 301 redirects and top 3 positions for our main products that we had held for many years had now gone. Customers had also started to complain about the speed of our site compared to competitors also running on X-Cart. We eliminated the server possibility as we are running on a fast dedicated Linux box with lots of memory and disk arrays, we monitored the performance over a period of time and at different times during the day.

Whilst browsing the forums one day we checked out a couple of X-Cart sites running the XC-SEO mod and noticed a significant speed difference with sites that had a similar product number and style to our own store. We contacted Jonathan at PHP Site Solutions and asked him his opinion about our issues and if we would see both a speed and search result benefit from converting to XC-SEO. Jonathan could not have been more helpful and went beyond the call on helping us setup what is still in fact a FREE mod. He handled the removal of CD-SEO from our store and took care of both the URL redirections and our XML sitemap generation that was initially causing us a few headaches.

It was instantaneous to see the improved speed benefits XC-SEO brought to our store and within hours customers were beginning to ask us how we managed to speed up the site. Within a couple of weeks our SERPS had also started to improve and looks on track to be back where we were before the change of cart platform.

We cannot recommend the services of PHP Site Solutions and Jonathan enough, XC-SEO should be on every X-Cart store owners lists of "Must Have Mods" and is an essential part of any good search engine strategy.

David Smith
Co Owner
JoBananas Body Jewellery
www.JoBananas.com
Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 AM

X-Wizard

I'm happy to announce that Firetank's Feed Manager will soon have support for XCSEO Pro. I'm working with Firetank to get XCSEO Pro supported, and will be testing their implementation shortly!

Additionally, feedback on XCSEO Pro has been great, clients love the new URLs, and several have already commented about how the speed of their site is much faster now than when they had a different SEO module installed.

As always, if you have questions about XCSEO Pro, you can contact me via email.

Cheers!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 AM

X-Adept

Is there a user manual available for download so that we can see what is involved in the setup and continuing maint of the product?

Does this product "phone home"? If so what is the connect timeout?

Initial Inventory Imports
Daily Inventory Updates
Daily Inventory Reports
Drop Ship Support
Order Export to Shipper/Supplier
Shopping Feeds That Work
Programming for X-Cart

richard@roguewavelimited.com
http://www.roguewavelimited.com
Old 06-05-2008, 09:20 AM

X-Wizard

Hi rogue, usage of XCSEO Pro is simple enough that a manual is not needed. For example, when adding/editing a product, you have a new URL field where you can specify your custom URL. If you leave the field blank, it will autogenerate the URL for you.

The installation process consists of applying a patch, uploading the provided files, and then running the installer (which generates all urls automatically).

I am developing a more central administration section as well though, and depending on the complexity of that, I'll put together a manual.

And no, there is no call home in this module. I've additionlly only used a call home in one of my modules, and it's configured to check in only once a day, so that if my server ever is down, there's no outage. I'm even contemplating moving that once-a-day to once-a-week.

Cheers
Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 AM

X-Adept

The autogenerated URL - how is that constructed for a product page?

Does the install add the URL field to the product import/export?

Do you, in the product, suggest "best practice" URL's?

Initial Inventory Imports
Daily Inventory Updates
Daily Inventory Reports
Drop Ship Support
Order Export to Shipper/Supplier
Shopping Feeds That Work
Programming for X-Cart

richard@roguewavelimited.com
http://www.roguewavelimited.com
Old 06-05-2008, 11:38 AM

X-Wizard

Hi rogue, an example autogenerated url:
Product name: Javascript (Definitive Guide)
Product url: javascript-definitive-guide.html

Autogenerated urls always generate as .html pages currently, but I'm working on giving options for how URLs should autogenerate.

The URL fields are not yet supported under import/export, but that is planned. If you purchase XCSEO Pro, and feel that you need that feature asap, I'll move it to the top of my priority list. Implementation could be completed within a day.

Regarding best practice, not currently, but that is a very good suggestion which I'll plan on implementing. I have found that the url structure that works best, are .html files in the store root (not within virtual subfolders), as I've had many clients that have migrated to XCSEO solutions from the older CDSEO (non-pro) product, and as a result they have seen their pagerank increase over their prior search engine rankings.
The non-pro CDSEO had a limitation of requiring a virtual subfolder for all rewritten URLs, and due to the noticeable improvement in rankings for migrant users, myself and others believe it was that virtual subfolder that was limiting ranking.
Just a note, while I'm referring to non-pro CDSEO, that product was recently replaced by CDSEO Pro after the release of XCSEO Pro, and no longer has that subfolder limitation.

Additionally, if you would like to contact me directly via email, I can provide you with the URL to my development website, where you can view XCSEO Pro in action, or provide you with links to customer websites using XCSEO Pro.

Cheers
Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Jon
Do you know of any incompatible issues with firetanks feature products manager?

And are you able to add rewite rules in the .htacces file with this mod like a sitemap etc?

Greg
Old 06-05-2008, 08:41 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Greg, I've not had the chance to test Firetanks Feature Products, but there shouldn't be any conflicts, as the module is working fine with all other parts of X-cart. If an issue did crop up, I'd work with Firetank to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I've already dealt with unique issues for customers, typically just requires a few edits in XCSEO Pro and then it's good to go, and I actually feel that the mod is pretty solid now.

Regarding additional rewrite rules in .htaccess, you can add other rewrites as needed, they just need to be written in the RewriteRule fashion of course, and at the end, have [L] so no further processing is done on that URL.

Furthermore, due to the arbitrary URL feature of the mod (which is being tested by 2 customers right now without any issues), you can specify a file that you want rewritten, and XCSEO Pro will take care of it for you (i.e. - rewrite sitemap.php to sitemap.xml, or rewrite the help.php pages, etc)

Cheers
Old 06-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Is this the same Feed Manager put out by BCSE?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4