Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

OK, I'm trying to install this mod, and there is just one step that I am confused on. The directions say this:

Quote:
Open the file /skin1/customer/main/product.tpl for editing. Comment out the lines
{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'}
{include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"}
{else}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"} 
{/if}

However, I cannot find that section of text in my file. I have found a similar section as follows:

Quote:
{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'}
{include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"}
{elseif $product.force_image_type eq 'W' && $product.variantid}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"} 
{else}
{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"} 
{/if}

The section in my file has a bunch of extra stuff about variants, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with that exactly?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 AM

X-Adept

This is one of the things that has changed over the last few releases... sorry missed this one. I have updated my instructions. Thanks for catching this. The section should read now...

Find the code:
Code:
{if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"} {elseif $product.force_image_type eq 'W' && $product.variantid} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"}  {else} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"}  {/if}

and replace it with

Code:
{** Dynamic Images - Tela Firma **} {if $active_modules.Dynamic_Images} {include file="modules/Dynamic_Images/product_image.tpl} {else} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && $config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup eq 'Y' && $images ne '' && $js_enabled eq 'Y'} {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/popup_image.tpl"} {elseif $product.force_image_type eq 'W' && $product.variantid} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.variantid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="W"}  {else} {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product.productid image_x=$product.image_x image_y=$product.image_y product=$product.product tmbn_url=$product.tmbn_url id="product_thumbnail" type="P"}  {/if} {/if} {** /Dynamic Images - Tela Firma **}

sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:49 AM

X-Adept

Also, open the file /skin1/modules/Dynamic_Images/product_thumbnail.tpl and find the line:

Code:
{* Start Block *}{$products[product].tmbn_url}
Remove
Code:
{$products[product].tmbn_url}
This was something left over from testing. Sorry about that.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 AM

Installed and working wonderfully. Beautiful mod Stephen. Thank you so much for updating it to 4.1!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelaFirma
There are just way to many changes in 4.1.x to even try.

If we already have the old so need to buy new or we will get free updated for new version.

Thanks

High Quality CCTV DVRs & Cameras
http://www.eaglemobiles.co.uk/CCTV
Old 08-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Is there any way to control the height of the detail image thumbnails instead of the width?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM

X-Adept

I just wanted to add that I have added a new feature to this mod.
  • Specify keyword to proceed the cached filename (e.g. keyword-fa494ef54173ca1ea6d85531221037f8.jpg)

I am also contemplating distributing this mod with integration for Lightbox2 built in of there is enough interest.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemsmommy
Is there any way to control the height of the detail image thumbnails instead of the width?

I could do some custom work for you to have it accept height instead of width. However, width was chosen so that the integrity of the width of your site would be intact. If you have more of a need for height, contact me and we can discuss exactly what you need.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I could do some custom work for you to have it accept height instead of width. However, width was chosen so that the integrity of the width of your site would be intact. If you have more of a need for height, contact me and we can discuss exactly what you need.

Yes, that makes sense. I think it's ok actually, I'm using the sizing tips that you suggest on your install instructions and it makes the images look much better
Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I am also contemplating distributing this mod with integration for Lightbox2 built in of there is enough interest.

I'm definitely interested!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4