Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Virtual Interactive 3D shop for your X-Cart store

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM

X-Wizard

Default Virtual Interactive 3D shop for your X-Cart store

Hi,

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our product, MotionCart, a platform that will help you to create Virtual Interactive 3D store/shop for your E-Commerce. X-Cart still can be your backend.

Please take a look at this website, http://motioncart.mercuryminds.com/

Video: http://vimeo.com/103497159

Some of the salient features:
  • Interactive: This means customers can walk into shop, choose items and purchase. It is not just walkthrough of your shop.
  • Multi user: shoppers can see other shoppers and chat each other. This becomes more social.
  • Web browser: It runs on web browser like flash player. No need of any software installation.
and much more.

You don't need to shut down your X-Cart site. It can be run on like 3d.yourstore.com

We are looking for beta clients as well. if you are interested, please drop an email to sales@mercuryminds.com for demo/pricing/more details.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

The following user thanks Dongan for this useful post:
totaltec (09-25-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:11 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Virtual Interactive 3D shop for your X-Cart store

I think we have all probably fantasized about something like this at one point or another. You guys are crazy in a very good kind of way!

I can't believe you actually went there. I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor. Its a very cool idea. I think the textures, design, and layout of the mall could be much improved, but I'm sure that will come with time. My advice for now, taller ceilings and tighter spaces in the both the shop and the mall. Don't make them walk around too much.

My generation and younger is going to absolutely love this... if I were you I would be working towards a demo that displays other avatars shopping at the same time, and I would work in as many social interactions as you can. Like, chat options if the people are already friends on Facebook. Ability to walk around the mall and like products and stores, then be able to instantly transport a user that clicks through from FB directly to that product. That would make it really fun for them, tag your friend to this product, and they pop over instantly to your side by clicking the link.

I think this will take years to mature honestly, but I think the rewards could be immense! Those that jump on it early are going to have a clear advantage. I'm very excited to see you guys doing this.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
Dongan (09-25-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Virtual Interactive 3D shop for your X-Cart store

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input.

Yes. it has the ability to chat around and share things at FB/Twitter etc.

Yes. we can improve the quality down the line. We need to use low poly model to consider the loading time as well.

Yes. We are making a better video that explains all.

Our focus at the moment is "Using Gamification module" to increase the conversion rate. Research has proven that conversion rate can be higher around 5% than the normal 1-2% of an ecommerce site. Please don't mix it up Gamification with Games. Gamification is all about engagement with better Visual and User experience.

The possibility of user engagement with better offers like you can give a gift to 1000th visitor, hide and show a gift based on certain activities. This is where 3D store can make a real difference than 2D stores.

P.S: We are looking for beta customers at the moment. If you/anyone wants to give a try, please feel free to contact us. We can arrange a demo in detail.

The following user thanks Dongan for this useful post:
totaltec (09-25-2014)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4