Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Disable CDseo pro

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-09-2015, 05:36 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Disable CDseo pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Only older versions of CDSEO are licensed on the customer side. New versions are only licensed on the admin section.

You may want to look at upgrading and can add your development site as a secondary domain as well.

Hi Jon,

You may need to revisit this as I have just copied a site over to a new development domain and am locked out due to licence issues.

I have a license for the new domain (but not the new ip address as of yet as I ordered it on a weekend)

I've modified the modules settings in the database but without access to the admin I am unsure on how to clear the cache.

It's a tad frustrating to say the least, it should never lock down a customer side of a store (or the admin for that point - it should not allow you to access the modules without a valid licence though.)

Edit I should clarify I am receiving this error for XCMS and clearing templates_C did not help.

Clearing car/cache resolved it
Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi Jon,

You may need to revisit this as I have just copied a site over to a new development domain and am locked out due to licence issues.

I have a license for the new domain (but not the new ip address as of yet as I ordered it on a weekend)

I've modified the modules settings in the database but without access to the admin I am unsure on how to clear the cache.

It's a tad frustrating to say the least, it should never lock down a customer side of a store (or the admin for that point - it should not allow you to access the modules without a valid licence though.)

Edit I should clarify I am receiving this error for XCMS and clearing templates_C did not help.

Clearing car/cache resolved it

It is difficult to prevent unauthorized access without blocking access as module disabling can be overridden, but we will revisit this. I've processed your license changes now. I typically recommend developing on subdomains i.e. dev.example.com as it avoids licensing issues all together.

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
BBM_ (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 03:20 PM

X-Adept

Many thanks for your prompt response with this Jon.

Traditionally I would develop on a sub domain but these are redirected to a live site at the moment so for my next order I'll register the IP address as the primary domain and the ip address as the secondary url and this should avoid this issue.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM

X-Guru

Sounds good. As I mentioned we will revisit whether or not there is a more elegant solution here from the users perspective.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4