Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

xMobile - Smartphone mobile template

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 AM

eXpert

Default Re: xMobile - Smartphone mobile template

Hi 7thdesire,

Yes, thanks for your patience - we will have a definite answer this week.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x

The following user thanks Will Hayes for this useful post:
cherie (08-27-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Hello,

1. I would like to know if mobile customers (mobile + tablet) would be given options to choose between mobile and normal template when they visit any page on my website?

2. Also, does this mobile template share the same inventory with the normal template?

3. I am using lots of mods in the normal template. Do I have to apply these mods to the mobile template (i.e. "remember me" mod, mailchimp mod and etc.)

4. If I buy this mobile template with the X-banner, would the banner works for both mobile and normal template?

Regards,
John
BCSE: Global Product Options, Easy Variant view, Back-in-stock notify
Websitecm: Remember me
mercuryminds: Mailchimp Ecommerce 360
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM

X-Man

Is x-mobile upgradable? For instance, right now were are on x-cart 4.4.4, will the x-mobile still work if we go to 4.5.x, or is is upgradable?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 AM

X-Wizard

I don't suppose you have an update on making this module available for older versions, especially 4.1?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 AM

Advanced Member

Hi

Will thiswork with X-carts Xconfigurator module?

Really hope it does as we are looking to move to your module but X-conf is a big part of our business.

Cheers
CDSEO
Linux
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM

X-Adept

Hi,
No trial version exist to test the compatibility of third party modules.

If possible please provide trial version to test.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 AM

eXpert

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding... didn't have time to check the forums lately.
In response to your questions...

john99
1. When xMobile is installed on your site, it is automatically served up to smartphone users - if the connecting device is found to be a smartphone (smaller screen size) then xMobile is returned as the default template for that session. The user can switch from xMobile to your normal "web" template from within xMobile, they can also switch back from web to mobile if they wish.
2. Yes, xMobile shares all catalog deetails with your normal web template - xMobile is just another frontend skin - everything is the same as your web frontend except the interface is designed differently to suit smartphone screens.
3. Yes, you will have to re-apply any frontend mods you have already integrated into your normal web template. All xMobile files are contained within their own template folder, therefore xMobile will not have any knowledge of these frontend edits you many have made to your web template - so you need to make these edits into the corresponding xmobile tpl files.
4. Yes, 1 license for xBanners will work with your standard web frontent and xMobile - both templates can share this module, you just have to upload seperate banners for each template.

JWait
Yes, xMobile has already been upgraded to the latest version of x-cart (4.5.3) - with each upgrade to x-cart, we upgrade all our products immediately (this can sometimes take a day or so) - but its own number 1 priority as soon as x-cart releases a new upgrade.

cherie
No, unfortunately right now xMobile is only available for x-cart 4.4.x upwards to 4.5.3 (right now)
We have been trying to get time to port xMobile to earlier versions of x-cart, but time is tight right now we simply can not get to this task just yet.

Jobananas
Right now, we're actually working on this remaining update to the enterprise and platinum versions for x-cart.

Learner
We can't provide trial versions of our templates unfortunately - but in saying that all 3rd party modules should be compatible with xMobile as its operates just like any other x-cart template. You just have to make sure to make any frontend edits to the xmobile files. For a full demo of xMobile you can always checkout our demo website using your smartphone. I hope this helps somewhat.

I hope that info helps guys - if you have any further questions please feel free to send an email support@thexcartstore.com, we reply within a few hours during office hours.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 10-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Advanced Member

Will,

On our behalf, our X-Cart consultant has installed your xMobile mod to our 4.5.2 X-Cart site. Its been two weeks and we're still having lots of problems with the mobile mod on the iPhone 5 OS 6. Any idea on when your support team will get the bugs worked out? We want to go live by the first of November and at this rate, I'm concerned that we won't make the deadline. I would like to know what your timeline is for sorting out all the issues. I'm feeling like a beta tester for xMobile.

Thank you,

Rex
Old 10-26-2012, 02:23 AM

eXpert

Hi Rex/Aqua,

I don't see any tickets from you - have you used a different name in our support system.
Can you respond to your ticket, to bump it up? Thanks.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Advanced Member

Will,

Our ticket should be connected to aquadesign. If necessary, I will ask our consultant.

Rex
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4