Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Mods not working in IE7... Is it the mods, IE7, or my computer?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default Mods not working in IE7... Is it the mods, IE7, or my computer?

I am running PhilJ's excellent Vertical Flyouts mod, and have just begun experimenting with Groovico's very useful Featured Products mod. Weird things are happening, that I never saw until I upgraded to IE7 last week.

They both work great in IE6 and Firefox. However, they both fall apart in IE7. Here are the symptoms:

Vertical Flyouts:
The flyouts don't fly.
The link boxes are separated by about the height of a box.

Featured Products:
PHP code shows up on the pages, intermingled with some of the elements that are supposed to be there.

Strangely, it may work at one moment, and not the next. For example, none of it worked at all yesterday. Then, I re-installed IE7, after which it worked. That must have been a fluke, because this morning, they both once again did not work. In the mean time, I had done absolutely no changes to anything.

Again, everything is fine in IE6 and Firefox. What the heck is going on????

Thanks.
- Ken

Loyalty Points, DSEFU, Easy Checkout, Featured Product Manager, Remember Me, Relevant Search, Vertical Flyouts, Multiple Category Templates. Loads of other tweaks and mods learned in forums.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Mods not working in IE7... Is it the mods, IE7, or my computer?

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons. IE7 screws up a lot of things unfortunately. For Phil's menu, I had to play around with the height in the different classes to get it to display properly.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:48 PM

X-Man

We haven't been able to duplicate this, no PHP code should appear with the firetank featured product manager as it doesn't use PHP code in the output.

It's certainly an odd one, there's no reason for something to work then not work unless one of the following is happening:

1. Your machine isn't downloading the page correctly

2. The server is not delivering the page correctly

3. IE 7 has plenty of the usual bugs, featured product manager has been in use on our own client sites for a very long time now and we've had no reports of this happening, its looking like it's either server specific or a bizzare problem with your work machine or connection failing to download everything needed.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 AM

X-Guru

If you get in touch I'll take a look at the menu for you. It should work fine in IE7.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 AM

X-Guru

My vFlyouts look great in IE7. I have a slightly older version (3-level, not 4) and I don't use the 3rd level... only 2 levels... But it seems to be just fine in IE 6 or 7.

PS -- Phil, if you're reading this, do I need to make any adjustments to the css file for IE7 ? It seems to be ok, but if you know of any improvements or adjustment tot he css that are IE7 specific, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 AM

Advanced Member

Here's an update. I have not seen any problems in IE7 for either the vertical flyouts or the featured products mods.... *except*... and this may be a clue (?)... the vertical flyouts are not working when I am using a customer window in webmaster mode. At the moment, it is in this case only that each box is separated by about the height of a flyout box, and they don't "fly".

Loyalty Points, DSEFU, Easy Checkout, Featured Product Manager, Remember Me, Relevant Search, Vertical Flyouts, Multiple Category Templates. Loads of other tweaks and mods learned in forums.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4