Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Endicia/Dazzle Export Function for Printing Labels

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-23-2006, 05:55 PM

Thumbs up Endicia/Dazzle Export Function for Printing Labels

Hi,
I just thought I'd mention that we created a module to export orders to print in Dazzle. I needed a way to create an XML file so that I could print labels through Dazzle without typing in all of the addresses. I'm using it in a version 4.1 cart and it works great. If anyone is interested in the coding, I'd sell it for $25. I'm just trying to recoup some of the cost that I paid my developer to write it. If you have questions please ask, but below is the way it works.

1. search for orders that you want to export (ie processed)
2. select any or all that you want labels for
3. hit an 'export to Dazzle' button - the system will pull weights, order numbers, shipping type, and customer shipping info into an xml file.
4. select the print from external file option in Dazzle and select the xml that was just exported
5. Dazzle will print the labels and create an output xml file with the tracking info
6. return to the cart and import the xml file of results and the cart will change those orders to complete and input the tracking numbers to the orders

-Jeff
Version 4.4 Gold
Old 08-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Endicia/Dazzle Export Function for Printing Labels

Moved to Third Party Add-Ons
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 AM

eXpert

Hey Jeff,

Is this offer still available?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Yes! I'm PM you about it. We've been using it for over a year without issue.
Version 4.4 Gold
Old 06-11-2008, 12:23 PM

eXpert

Thanks Jeff!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 AM

Will it also automatically select the lowest shipping shipping method for me?

I shipping only by priority. Here is the situation. Depending on the state and weight I have to choose flat rate parcel or rectangular priority manually at Endicia to get the lowest shipping cost.

www.SEOMarketing30days.com
--> Download FREE SEO marketing Ebook (valued $50)
Attract more visitors and sales with top 5 most powerful SEO marketing strategies. Converting visitors into buyers, not just traffic!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:00 PM

Has any asked the X-Cart Development team to produce a module for Endica / DaZzle? I'd appreciate it if the forum monitor can respond back or if someone has a link for me to either buy or download this capability. I will be eternally grateful. The Endicia shipping solutions are just what the recession Doctor prescribed for me. Lots of great features for me. I'm tired of multiple layers of "software" service TPAs stripping out profits from us little guys. I understand you need to recoup development costs, but there are some services really overpricing their product, which is typically an American worker entitlement thing. Sorry to vent, but it's the truth. I'll pay fair value, don't get me wrong. Any help is really appreciated.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkteam1
I understand you need to recoup development costs, but there are some services really overpricing their product, which is typically an American worker entitlement thing. Sorry to vent, but it's the truth. I'll pay fair value, don't get me wrong. [snip]

For your first post here, you did manage to offend this American.

The market will dictate what something is worth, and the customer will always tell the supplier if the price is right or wrong and if the product is desired or not.

I would also like to see an easy solution to get from xcart to dazzle as well, but I need a solution from a provider that is stable and doesn't use unreliable "phone home" code (without a backup).

So what is "fair value" to you? What is such a module worth to you?

Welcome to xcart!

Jeremy
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Fair values about $29.99 Carpepper! Thanks for your help. I'm from Jersey and we're born to offend those that rip us off. Some scumbag is charging $30 a month to bridge Endicia to X-Cart and people are subscribing to that. Do You think that's fair value? I get the same services through Paypal, but end game is having the functionality in X-Cart. That's gravitas, but right now I feel the cart is weak if you include the shipping functionality.

The venting statement was simply made to draw out guys like you and you bit the line. You obviously are one of these over priced American developers that think that what they do is rocket science. If you are, you've managed to bury the software industry into the ground along with the idiot management teams running or should I say ruining sili"coned" valley. I don't get satisfaction out of paying my Indian developer $12hr, really, but when jerkwads over here charge $80-100hr for the same work so they can own $1.0 million apartments and drive European cars, I lose my compassion for 'em.

Here's a post from another thread, which was all I was looking for:

USPS Click-N-Ship Mod $29.99 (For a limited time)

This mod is for those X-Cart users who ship using USPS and are tired of trying to get the included shipping label generator working. A customer of mine needed a quick way of creating shipping labels in X-Cart, this mod was my solution. He is extremely happy with this mod as I am sure you will be. Here are a few few details.

1: Easily installs in a matter of minutes.

2: Pre-fills the fields in the Click-N-Ship form.

3: Integrates with your current template.

4: Save's Administrators a ton of time over filling in the fields manually.

5: Fully integrated into the X-Cart Admin panel.

6: Contains detailed installation instructions.

7: Free updates for 1 year.

8: Source code is not encrypted.

This mod was tested using X-Cart 4.1.11. I will update this post when it is ready for X-Cart 4.2 (estimated time - a week os so).

The source code is not encrypted so you can modify it if you choose.

Unfortunately, a live demo is not available to the public due to security concerns. Screenshots of this mod are in the product page. If you must see a live demo before purchasing, please email me at webmaster@scriptdragon.com or PM me here. I can set up a demo for you.

Support will be handled through email, pm, or my support forum at http://forums.scriptdragon.com.

I plan on selling this mod for $39.99, but through Sunday Feb 8, 2009 it will be reduced to $29.99 (25% off).

This mod will save you a lot of time and will pay for itself with the time you will save.

If you are not satisfied with the mod in the 1st 30 days, uninstall it. Then contact me and I will refund 100% of your purchase price.

View/purchase the mod at http://www.scriptdragon.com/store/viewitem.php?ItemID=9

Regards
Wayne Wetterhahn

USPS Click-N-Ship mod now available

Thanks for the greeting.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM

I use Dazzle shipping tool from Endicia.

Does USPS Click-N-Ship Mod import all the selected order from X-cart into Dazzle? How does it print the labels?

Does it automatically import the tracking number from Dazzle into X-cart?

www.SEOMarketing30days.com
--> Download FREE SEO marketing Ebook (valued $50)
Attract more visitors and sales with top 5 most powerful SEO marketing strategies. Converting visitors into buyers, not just traffic!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4