Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Commentics Integration v4.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-29-2012, 04:03 PM

Default Re: X-Cart Commentics Integration v4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
It works fine with clean URLs and CDSEO (v1.80 at least).

Hi Phil, not sure why I'm getting this sql error:

Description : Access denied for user 'mxcanada'@'localhost' (using password: NO) Request URI: /cdseopro.php

I'm wondering if this code in auth.php might be the problem:

// WCM - CDSEO Pro Links
#require './auth.php';
require_once './auth.php';
include $xcart_dir."/modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_redirects.php";
// / WCM - CDSEO Pro Links
/* Commentics Start */
if (!empty($active_modules['Commentics']) && $config['Commentics']['commentics_pages'] == 'Y') {
session_start();
ob_start();
}
/* Commentics End */
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 AM

X-Guru

You add the Commentics PHP code to pages.php and product.php.

The code you posted above is correct for pages.php.

Strange why you're getting that error though, it looks more to do with CDSEO, what happens when you remove the Commentics PHP code? Maybe you have an early version of CDSEO.

I've seen Commentics installed alongside CDSEO on a few sites without issue.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Hi Phil, I have no idea why it's not working. I do have CDSEO 1.8.0 and the code is also in product.php. I've had to disable it for now until I can try and figure this out. I hope I don't have to go back to the stock review mod.

The following user thanks heather@MX1 for this useful post:
spiredem (06-19-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM

X-Guru

Try removing that PHP code for now, Commentics will function without it, I think it's related to the Commentics captcha feature.

I did update the Commentics files on the 27th to fix an issue, so ensure you have the latest.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM

well, I removed the php code and it still doesn't work. This is what shows on the product details page:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturerid in /home/mysite/public_html/modules/cdseolinks/outputfilter.cdseopro.php(305) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 302

I'm going to check with Website CM regarding this as it definitely seems an issue with CDSEO.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 AM

X-Guru

Might be worth checking the CDSEO thread, I recall seeing someone else with a similar error.

The eval()'d message is down to the CDSEO file encoding, so you can't see the offending code.

Check your PHP logs in var/log - should give you a better idea of the problem.

Could be a memory allocation issue.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Might be worth checking the CDSEO thread, I recall seeing someone else with a similar error.

The eval()'d message is down to the CDSEO file encoding, so you can't see the offending code.

I'll check out that thread, also contacted Jon @ WebsiteCM and he said this message is only a notice and recommended checking my settings re:error reporting, which I did in config.php and it was already set to log errors instead of display. However the problem still persists and wrecks my product details pages when Commentics is enabled so I'm at a loss here.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM

hi. ive just installed this mod and it looks really interesting.

i have a few questions i dont know if anyone can help.

1) in the last line of the installation instruction number 12 it says replace

==========

mysql_close($connection); //close connection to database
With...
//mysql_close($connection); //close connection to database
include "./skin/common_files/modules/Commentics/config.php";

====

is there an syntax error here as when doing this exactly, it just comments out the text.

2) when there are lots of comments spread over multiple pages the comments dont update if you click from page 1 to page 2 and so on. the comments remain stuck so you cant scroll through the pages of other comments.

3) is it possible put the star rating from the commentics mod in other areas e.g near the top of the item page , on the category page etc...

thanks

Andy
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM

X-Guru

1) No, that's an essential part of the install, to keep the x-cart database connection alive.

2) Can you reproduce your issue on my demo ?

3) It's possible to display ratings on the same product page with a nifty bit of jQuery, see the demo

Eg. in skin/common_files/customer/main/product_details.tpl

Before...

Code:
{if $active_modules.Extra_Fields} {include file="modules/Extra_Fields/product.tpl"} {/if}

Insert...

Code:
<tr> <td class="property-name">Rating</td> <td class="property-value" colspan="2"><div class="comments_rating"></div></td> </tr>

Then at the end of the template insert...

Code:
{literal} <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ var c_rating = $("div.average_rating_block").html(); $("div.comments_rating").html(c_rating); }); </script> {/literal}

To display ratings on other pages would be more complex, maybe ask on the forum. I tried this post, but couldn't get it working.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 PM

hi phil

1) so this last step can i just check is essentially commenting out

mysql_close($connection);

and replacing it with

include "./skin/common_files/modules/Commentics/config.php";

2) on your demo page the same thing happens. whether i click page 1 or page 2 the comments remain the same.

3) thanks for this tip. im having a quick play around with it now and hve managed to move the stars.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4