Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-13-2009, 12:12 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Focus your efforts on creating good meta descriptions since the Major SE's don't give any value to meta keywords anymore. If you really want to have meta keywords then CDSEO Pro can generate them for you automatically.

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

CDSEO has been again updated as we listen to users feedback and continue to improve the product:

New features:
  • .htm extensions now supported
  • New "large store" setting allows CDSEO to run quickly on stores with 100,000+ items
  • 301 redirects of disabled items added to transfer seo ranking when items are disabled in x-cart
  • Supports search engines new canonical tag which helps prevent duplicate content
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 AM

If I have Product Meta Tags and DSEFU PRO already installed will this replace both mods? Also is this mod W3C compliant, almost all the mods I have purchased I have had to edit to get to pass.

Mike

P.S. FYI, I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products. Do these mods play nicely together now?
One Page Checkout, AlteredCart
Smart Search, AlteredCart
On Sale, AlteredCart
Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 PM

X-Guru

CDSEO replaces both mods yes. Product Meta Tags are imported upon CDSEO installation so you don't lose current customizations. DSEFU urls can be 301 redirected (https://www.websitecm.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=67) to preserver current search engine rank.

CDSEO is W3C complaint for valid xhtml.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:36 PM

Check your PM's and I think I edited the last post as you were adding your answer but here is the question again.

I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products. Do these mods play nicely together now?

Mike
One Page Checkout, AlteredCart
Smart Search, AlteredCart
On Sale, AlteredCart
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM

X-Guru

CDSEO wouldn't modify telafirma's image mod or related products functionality in any way other than to change the url once the items were displayed.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM

Advanced Member

Quick question about the site map generator:
I have a wordpress blog installed in root/blog/. Will the generator include the static pages from the blog folder or do I have to add a URL into the interface to point to the folder?
Thanks
ezUpsell
One Page Checkout
Drug Test Kits
Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 PM

X-Guru

The CDSEO Generator allows you to manually specificy urls that are not the index, a category, product, static page or manufacturer page. You would want to specify your blog url in this section.

The following user thanks Jon for this useful post:
WhiteDoveGifts (04-01-2009)
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Jon

The support team sent me a new bundle of files to correct a small problem. Once I copied all of the files over I have 500 Internal Server Errors on every static URL including the CDSEOPRO control panel.
They haven't got back to me yet and my site is down, any ideas?
ezUpsell
One Page Checkout
Drug Test Kits
Old 04-08-2009, 02:51 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim CDN
Hi Jon

The support team sent me a new bundle of files to correct a small problem. Once I copied all of the files over I have 500 Internal Server Errors on every static URL including the CDSEOPRO control panel.
They haven't got back to me yet and my site is down, any ideas?

Never had this problem reported before - make sure that you uploaded with correct file ownerships. If you PM me FTP and x-cart admin I'll have a look.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4