Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 08-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bens
I have found this mod to be a huge !!! improvement over the stock x-cart search function, one question though ...

Should the feature comparison checkbox be available in the search results for products with a class assigned. I have integrated smart search with a copy of my products.tpl template and although the feature comparison code is in the smart_search_products.tpl it does not display in the search ?

The feature comparison doesn't currently work with the smart search. The X-Cart search would also query the database for the feature comparison code, but the smart search doesn't use the same method to search, so it is difficult to make them happily work together. I have been working on a fix, and will update this thread when I find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
You mentioned there would be an update in the future to address a few items, including extra field search - any update?

There is going to be a new add-on available separately for those who would like to add extra fields, extra product tables, news, and static page searches. This will be available sometime in September.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Smart Search from alteredCart :: Spell Checking, Did You Mean? and More.

Seems like a very good addition for my store. We have had many complaints about the seach feature.

Can you search by categorie by manufacturer?

REgards.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Yes.

There are not any manufactures on the demo, but if your store has manufacturers there is an extra dropdown selection below the categories.

Last edited by qualiteam : 10-12-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:48 PM

X-Adept

Bill just helped with an issue with this mod on our store. mysql by default has a minimum limit of 4 characters/word for fulltext search. we've changed this to min 2 to improve the accurancy!

"MySQL has a setting that only searches words with 4 or more letters. The
Smart Search has code to override this limit in PHP, but this does not work
on all hosts. To change your word limit in MySQL open your my.cnf file and
change (or add) this variable:

ft_min_word_len=2
"
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 09-14-2007, 04:13 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbrewer
There is going to be a new add-on available separately for those who would like to add extra fields, extra product tables, news, and static page searches. This will be available sometime in September.

Hi Bill - sorry to keep asking for updates, but I'm dying to get my hands on your mod and am holding off until the add-on is available - do you have a projected date yet?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwest
Hi Bill - sorry to keep asking for updates, but I'm dying to get my hands on your mod and am holding off until the add-on is available - do you have a projected date yet?

The static pages, news, and extra fields add-on is finished. It is being tested now and should be available in a week or two.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:52 AM

X-Adept

I am having a small problem with this product...

I use the HTML Catalog (Yes I do use it). When I place a search term in the search box, while on an html catalog page, it simply takes me to home.php. From home.php, or any php page, it works fine. I love the search, but I need a solution for this problem for sure as it is annoying to me and I am sure it annoys my customers.
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogByteMan

I use the HTML Catalog (Yes I do use it). When I place a search term in the search box, while on an html catalog page, it simply takes me to home.php. From home.php, or any php page, it works fine. I love the search, but I need a solution for this problem for sure as it is annoying to me and I am sure it annoys my customers.

Nobody else has run into this problem?
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

eXpert

Bill,

Any update on testing and the ETA for that add-on?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogByteMan

This shouldn't be a problem when creating the HTML catalog in your store root. However, if you use a subdirectory the HTML pages will not point to the correct location. To fix this you need to edit the skin1/modules/Smart_Search/smart_search_customer.tpl file.

Change this line:

Code:
<form method="get" action="_search.php" name="_search">

To point to the full path to the _search.php file. Example:

Code:
<form method="get" action="http://www.yoursite.com/xcartdir/_search.php" name="_search">

Just remember you will need to edit this if you ever move your store files to a different directory.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4