Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5 beta testing

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Yes, this may work for the button, but I can't imagine how this can be done for dragging products to cart with the mouse. Please could you explain this further, as every idea I have will confuse customers even more?

Well option to disable Drag and Drop or disable if the product is a variant and you want them to choose it, rather than drag the first option.

The negative also if you are upselling a variant, say you want them to add a higher price point, you are forcing the lower option by drag when the customer may be open to upgrading the option.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM

X-Cart team

Hi guys,

I'm happy to see the feedback. Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
XC4 is out-of-box dealing with Manufacturers. It allows creating pages for any manufacturer, you can add logo, description and so on. There is a side box too for finding one brand especially. This is missing from XC5, and should be corrected by releasing a module.

I've added this to our wish list for future versions of XC5. Actually, this shouldn't be a complex module, so it might be interesting for 3rd-party developers to train on this feature when studing our technical documentation

What you can already do in XC5, is to add an attribute that customers could filter products by. I'm not saying about "Manufacturer" category. I'm about the filter feature that you know as "refine filters". Here is an example of how this can be setup in XC5: http://demostore.x-cart.com/beta/?target=category_filter&category_id=2 (check the box in the left sidebar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
Well option to disable Drag and Drop or disable if the product is a variant and you want them to choose it, rather than drag the first option.

Seems logical to me. Will check this with the developers. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Also the code still has this:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"/>

Er, please could you clarify what distributive you are testing as this line was removed in the 5.0.0 version (and the beta version is 5.0.1). Did you download the 1.2.4 distributive from the file are in your HelpDesk account?

Quote:
The distributive still has the XC favicon.ico included. Why?

I don't get your point there, sorry

Quote:
By the way the "zoom in on hover" for product image on product details page is not always best solution. I agree the zoom in popup is necessary. Also this "zoom on hover" does not work properly on iPad.

Will check this with the developers. Thanks!

Quote:
Go to any product details page, add to cart, stay on same page and click on the cart - do not go to cart but from the dropdown click on "checkout" - instead of the checkout page the product details page reloads. Same happens if adding product to cart from list pages.

Can't reproduce this issue on my local installation. What is the product you experience the issue with? Also, do you see the same issue at http://demostore.x-cart.com/beta/?

Quote:
Go to any product list page - left column shows categories, filters, new arrivals, etc. Change filter price range and apply - everything from the left column disappears except for the filters block. The only way to get everything back in the left column is to navigate away from the page, even refresh doesn't work

This was done intentionally to focus the customer on the search results, not on boxes which have less importance there. The boxes can be added back with a few lines in a custom module.

Quote:
On checkout page - if customer has an account and wants to login the login button redirects to another page, isn't it better to have the login fields right there on the checkout page instead?
Same checkout page without being logged in - "continue" button is grayed out until personal info is filled in but "place order" button looks live (although it doesn't work at this point). Keep it consistent - everything should be grayed out.
And again something I have mentioned before - the store asks for shipping address instead of billing - this is reversed logic to me. Every site I go to asks for billing address and has "shipping as billing" or similar checkbox.

Good point on the checkout button staying orange all the time. Will check with developers why this happens.

I agree that there are many things which can be improved in the checkout page. We even have a number of mock up that we want to implement. However, I'm not sure how soon we can get these mock up live. Here is one of them:

I will share your thoughts on this with our designer. Thanks!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Veteran

Everything I have mentioned in my post is coming out from the demo site not an installation done by me. And I see some of that is not on the demo site anymore so it was changed....
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Veteran

Unless my IE had some of it cached from your demo site I tested last week...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Unless my IE had some of it cached from your demo site I tested last week...

Was it http://demostore.x-cart.com/ (1.2.4) or http://demostore.x-cart.com/beta/ (5.0.1)? I guess you removed a portion of the URL somehow and were redirected to the 1.2.4 version. I apologize for the confusion.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Veteran

No, it was all following the links here on this forum but I was away for the last 2 days and started reading this thread from the beginning so it is possible I used earlier link which you then corrected... I just didn't pay attention on the exact url
Old 09-07-2013, 02:30 AM

X-Adept

Thumbs up Re: X-Cart 5 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer

Hi xplorer,

Thank you, I have managed to install using that though I did have some initial issues. I have put it on VPS with dummy store to try and load the products via soremanager, if that works I will change to my dedicated server and use main store depending how it feels.
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
Old 09-07-2013, 11:45 AM

X-Adept

HTTPS settings

The secure protocol for your website is disabled.
To make the online store use the secure protocol you need an SSL certificate purchased for the "myhomelivin.co.uk" domain and installed on your server.

Purchase SSL certificate

Why do I need to purchase SSL when
1) I already have 1 for my store
2) as this is a test store I have installed a self generated one to check the settings?
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
Old 09-07-2013, 03:36 PM

X-Adept

I would like to see the use of x-payments or a similar way to process credit cards for a true one page checkout. I also would like to some how get the option to authorize the credit card and them from the order details page perform the capture when the order is ready to ship.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
I would like to see the use of x-payments or a similar way to process credit cards for a true one page checkout. I also would like to some how get the option to authorize the credit card and them from the order details page perform the capture when the order is ready to ship.

re: X-payments integration┘ AlteredCart has already solve this with X-Payments Connector For Checkout One - it works exactly as represented. It's a mandatory module if you are going to use C1 and X-Payments.

re: auth-only
some (many?) merchant accounts can make this the default behavior.
I use Elavon - and the Elavon account manager flipped a switch and ALL transactions "auth only" at time of transaction. We MUST go to the Elavon dashboard and "ship" each transaction. Elavon calls this "PEND" (pending) and "UNPEND"

Granted, there is no direct interface to "upend" a transaction in xcart, But there could be┘

I like the added level of admin involvement in the capture of every transaction. This allows us to verify AVS and a valid CVV code.

We "unpend" right before we ship. This prevents charging a customer if we're out of stock or we otherwise have to just cancel the order, or adjust the price down.

This should be a standard feature on any merchant account for stores that ship physical product.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements