Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Non-newbie probs creating skin2 and switching skins in 3.3.1

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 01-29-2003, 11:49 AM

X-Adept

Default Non-newbie probs creating skin2 and switching skins in 3.3.1

Well, here I am again, finishing up another x-cart mod (for version 3.3.1)and wouldn't you know it, they changed the way the templates are found by x-cart.

I can't seem to get x-cart to find my new templates. Here's what I've done...am I forgetting something?....
  • 1.Duplicated the skin1 and skin1_original directories and renamed them skin2 and skin2_original.

2.Changed the names of the skin1.conf and skin1.css to skin2.conf and skin2.css respectively.

3.Changed 3 lines in my config.php file to read
    Code:
    $templates_repository = "../skin2_original"; $smarty->assign("skin_config","skin2.conf"); $mail_smarty->assign("skin_config","skin2.conf");

4.Uploaded all the files.
Now when I look at my site I'm seeing the following error:
Quote:
Warning: Config_File error: Could not open config file '../skin1/skin2.conf' in /home/minorgod/traintosuccess-www/xcart.3.3.1/Smarty-2.3.0/Config_File.class.php on line 335

Anyone have a clue why this is happening? Is the "config.php.cnf" file used for anything? Might I need to change that as well? Why the heck is this thing looking in the skin1 directory for skin2.conf?
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:01 PM

X-Adept

Maybe permissions?
Old 01-29-2003, 09:38 PM

X-Adept

nope, I've tried making the whole damned site writable. I'm starting to think there's something hard-coded that's making x-cart look for the skin1 directory since I've changed everything in the config.php file to skin2.
Getting back into x-cart dev after a long hiatus. Modded lots of x-carts from version 3.1.x to 4.1.x. Developer of ImageScaler mod, Pre-login per user coupon mod, Wordpress feed mod, DigitalSubscriptions mod, Phonetic bulk download keys addon for DownloadExpander mod, Serial Number Generator for ESD products, Custom CMS/LMS integrations, external products mod, and more.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:28 PM

X-Adept

Default ah HA!

I found the culprit...it the "smarty.php" file. There's several places there where the smarty object needs to have the template directory changed.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:48 PM

X-Man

Minorgod,

love your site..some useful extensions for MX there for PHP MySql

How do you get on with PHP Nuke?
Old 01-30-2003, 08:45 AM

X-Adept

Thanks....it's in a bit of a state of disrepair...I put up a Nuke site when I released my Dreamweaver extensions so I could have a plug-and-play CMS up and running in a few hours, but I never got around to tweaking the interface. The earlier versions of the site are a more creative, but less useful. Anyway, thanks for the props...we should probably stay on topic though, lest we be moderated.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design