Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

DIY Tabbed Content Menu for Product Page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-13-2005, 03:19 AM

Open up your product.tpl and look for this line:

Code:
{if $product.fulldescr ne ""}{$product.fulldescr}{else}{$product.descr}{/if}

Comment that out and that should do the trick.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:26 AM

Thanks that did it.
Works 4.0.12
Thanks All.
:P
Old 04-17-2005, 06:21 PM

I like to use this tabbed menu mod. I like to know if there is anyway I can define tab title name for each product? Some products need unique tabs and I do not want such tabs to show up in other product pages.

Please let me know if this is possible to configure. I have not look at the code in detail yet.
BCSE CIM
Apache
Linux
Old 04-18-2005, 02:04 AM

X-Guru

shwekhaw, do something like

Code:
{if $product.productid == "100"} Put alternative tab code here {else} Put usual tab code here {/if}
Old 04-18-2005, 06:26 PM

Not that simple for my site. I have about 50 - 100products that would need custom tab.
Thanks anyway.
BCSE CIM
Apache
Linux
Old 05-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the Mod.

I got it installed and wanted to add my product details in a tab. I can not figure out what .tpl hold the Product Detailed Description.

Does anyone know the file or have the code?

Thanks!
Darryl
Xcart 5.3
Old 05-09-2005, 06:59 AM

eXpert

I am using this mod and it works great....but as other have written about hiding tabs, etc when there is nothing to display. I've tried and tried using all the comments in the post and just cannot seem to get it right.

This is the exact code on my site. Related products is set as the default tab but for alot of the products I do not have any related products so all you see are tabs.

Can some assist me with this so that when there is no Related Products that the default tab is Send to Friend and the Related Products tab does not show up?

I appreciate any assistance as I've tried and cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

Louise
Code:
<div align="center"> <a name="tabs"></a> <ul id="tablist">[*]Related Products[*]Product Reviews[*]Send to a Friend[/list]<DIV id="tabcontentcontainer"> <div id="sc1" class="tabcontent"> {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products ne ""} {include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" } {/if} </div> <div id="sc2" class="tabcontent"> {if $active_modules.Customer_Reviews ne ""} {include file="modules/Customer_Reviews/vote_reviews.tpl" } {/if} </div> <div id="sc3" class="tabcontent"> {include file="customer/main/send_to_friend.tpl" } </div> </DIV> </div>

Studio 57 Designs - X-Cart Customization
Providing X-Cart Services since 2004
Hottest Blog Directory - Submit Your Blog for a Free Listing
Old 05-09-2005, 03:17 PM

X-Adept

EXAMPLE:

Code:
<a name="tabs"></a> <ul id="tablist"> [*]DETAILS [*]MORE INFO [*]SEND TO FRIEND [*]REVIEWS {if $product_links ne ""} [*]RELATED PRODUCTS {/if}[/list] <DIV id="tabcontentcontainer"> <div id="sc1" class="tabcontent"> {include file="customer/main/details.tpl" } </div> <div id="sc2" class="tabcontent"> {include file="extrainfo.tpl" productid=$product.productid } </div> <div id="sc3" class="tabcontent"> {include file="customer/main/send_to_friend.tpl" } </div> <div id="sc4" class="tabcontent"> {if $active_modules.Customer_Reviews ne ""} {include file="modules/Customer_Reviews/vote_reviews.tpl" } {/if} </div> <div id="sc5" class="tabcontent"> {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products ne ""} {include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" } {/if} </div> </DIV>
Old 05-11-2005, 09:40 AM

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I am working on my first X-Cart site and this is an awesome mod. THANKS!!!!

UPDATE: Got this working fine, but 1 question. I used CopperB code (from page 4 of this post) and I would like to remove the "Product Details" tab, as that is the same exact info that is in the upper portion of the product info. So then the "send to a friend" tab becomes the first tab. I played with the product.tpl file and was able to make the info under that tab go away, but not the tab itself.. any suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:11 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos1
I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I am working on my first X-Cart site and this is an awesome mod. THANKS!!!!

UPDATE: Got this working fine, but 1 question. I used CopperB code (from page 4 of this post) and I would like to remove the "Product Details" tab, as that is the same exact info that is in the upper portion of the product info. So then the "send to a friend" tab becomes the first tab. I played with the product.tpl file and was able to make the info under that tab go away, but not the tab itself.. any suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot.

Change the following layout for the tab appearance and names:

Code:
Code: <a name="tabs"></a> <ul id="tablist"> [*]DETAILS [*]MORE INFO [*]SEND TO FRIEND [*]REVIEWS {if $product_links ne ""} [*]RELATED PRODUCTS {/if} [/list]
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions