Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-28-2014, 04:40 AM

Veteran

Default Re: 4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

Well I have few carts already upgraded to 4.6.5. Does this means the upgrades are incomplete? Not to think - wrong?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:51 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: 4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Well I have few carts already upgraded to 4.6.5. Does this means the upgrades are incomplete? Not to think - wrong?

You do not need any addional actions for the already upgraded carts.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems

Hi Steve, I could tell something was not right because the new Admin header display (Your storefront...) could hardly be seen, was dark blue and not formatted properly.

My procedure was:

1. Start upgrade and make note of which files could not be patched
2. Remove the 4 files from file.lst and manually patch them.
3. Restart upgrade and when upgrade complete upload manually patched files.
4. Clear templates/X-Cart cache
5. Check for Current Version: 4.6.5

At this point I went to click the link to view storefront (dev store closed) and could not find the link. Then I noticed there were a dark blue link that could hardly be seen at top of header next to the logo. I looked at the x-cart classic demo and saw something was definitely not right so I started comparing files.

I don't know if something just went haywire on my site or if it was something in the upgrade script. I always do a comparison of a complete version download vs my upgraded files just to make sure everything upgraded okay. Hope this was just an isolated case on my site.

Paul

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
aim (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 AM

Veteran

Thanks Paul, hopefully it is not something global
Old 10-29-2014, 04:07 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Could you PM me your
./var/upgrade/4.6.4-4.6.5/patch.log
and old
include/func/func.mail.php(before upgrade)
files?

I have just reuploaded the upgrade packs to take into account these patches
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=377357&postcount=29

Update

Thank you Ildar for being so responsive and looking into everything. Everything on the x-cart side looks good and my patch.log shows everything patched correctly. And since nobody else has reported any issues it must be an isolated incident with my files.

My first thought while doing the file comparison was that I screwed up and uploaded a 4.6.4 backup instead of just the (5) manually patched files. But, 3 things tell me that this is not the case. First, my ftp program would have been uploading files for quite a while and I would have been just sitting there watching the files upload. Second, I checked some of the files that did not need editing and some of them were 4.6.5 version files. And third, I only had to patch 30 to 40 files and not the full 189 in my file.lst.

I do think it is good practice after upgrading to use a file comparison program like Beyond Compare to quickly check your upgraded files against a full version download to make sure the only differences are manual edits.

Thanks again!

Paul

The following 2 users thank elmirage001 for this useful post:
aim (10-29-2014), PhilJ (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmirage001
Update

Thank you Ildar for being so responsive and looking into everything. Everything on the x-cart side looks good and my patch.log shows everything patched correctly. And since nobody else has reported any issues it must be an isolated incident with my files.

My first thought while doing the file comparison was that I screwed up and uploaded a 4.6.4 backup instead of just the (5) manually patched files. But, 3 things tell me that this is not the case. First, my ftp program would have been uploading files for quite a while and I would have been just sitting there watching the files upload. Second, I checked some of the files that did not need editing and some of them were 4.6.5 version files. And third, I only had to patch 30 to 40 files and not the full 189 in my file.lst.

I do think it is good practice after upgrading to use a file comparison program like Beyond Compare to quickly check your upgraded files against a full version download to make sure the only differences are manual edits.

Thanks again!

Paul

I confirm this is the very good practice to compare files after upgrading.

Some usefull linux commands:

Compare files after upgrading
Code:
diff -rq 4_6_4_goldplus 4_6_5_goldplus| sed -e "s/^Files /vimdiff /"|sed -e "s/ and / /"|sed -e "s/ differ$/ /"|sed -e '/.*\/var\/.*/d' > 4_goldplus.diff

Find 'failed' substring in the upgrade log
Code:
grep -i fail 4_6_4_goldplus/var/upgrade/4.6.4-4.6.5/patch.log

Find failed hunks
Code:
find /home/aim/www/xcart_4_6_x -iname "*.rej"

Thank you Paul for this message.

The following 4 users thank aim for this useful post:
cflsystems (10-30-2014), elmirage001 (10-31-2014), Ksenia (10-30-2014), PhilJ (10-30-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 01:56 AM

eXpert

Great information all of you, thank you!

Upgrade was successful here, now running on 4.6.5.
Now on to prepare the upgrade for my 2nd store.

The following 3 users thank herber@wirehub.nl for this useful post:
aim (10-31-2014), elmirage001 (10-31-2014), Ksenia (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 04:52 AM

eXpert

It seems 4.6.5 didn't go flawless: my payment method broke (it's a default built-in: Ogone Webbased iDeal).

It doesn't transfer the user to the website of the bank anymore, I have opened a ticket but need support ASAP..
Old 10-31-2014, 07:18 AM

X-Wizard

FYI: In U.S.P.S. options please double check your settings. I had a couple settings change back to the default value on 4.6.5. I noticed when doing a side by side checkout comparison of 4.6.4 & 4.6.5 that my real time USPS rates did not match.

The following user thanks elmirage001 for this useful post:
aim (11-02-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:24 AM

X-Adept

My upgrade not so good, applied patch, transferred files, transferred modded files, blank store and blank admin. Trying to figure out why. which log file??

PHP Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in ../public_html/include/func/func.soap.php on line 169
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements