Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 10-23-2014, 11:06 AM

eXpert

Default Re: 4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim
Could you try to enable the " Use speed-up tool for CSS " option
http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/admin/configuration.php#tr_speedup_css
?
Already enabled before the upgrade & still enabled after the upgrade.

If you want acces to my testserver, please send me a PM.

I have a few files that need to be manually patched, but it doesn't matter whether I patch them to 4.6.5 or just leave them and not patch them: this happens every time I try the upgrade.
I reset my virtual machine/testserver to 4.6.4 and try the patch again, same result.
Attached Images
File Type: png double slash.png (59.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 AM

Veteran

Default Re: 4.6.5: UPS, Australia Post, Fedex and USPS updated and 58 other improvements

Just upgraded an old store to 4.6.5. All went well except at the end I get this error message

"NetworkError: 406 Not Acceptable - domain/dev_store/skin/common_files/lib/jquery.cookie.js"

Top menu right hand side menu was screwed. Opening the store and refresh fixed the issue with the menu but the error message is still there. This in admin

Store front shows this
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - domain/dev_store/skin/ideal_comfort/images/spacer_black.gif"
No such files exists, it is located in common_files.

Cart page shows
Quote:
Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting...
domain/dev_store/var/cache/1.064439ad45ab5351a8d55a3f8fe61b54.js
Line 3547
Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
[code]------------------ X-CART v4.6.5 CHANGELOG, part 2 of 3---------------

[!] 01 Jul 2014, aim - Bug (0139698, 0036147)] AOM: Order total and item price changed by themselves during order modification. Fixed.

Brilliant - thank you.

The following user thanks BBM_ for this useful post:
aim (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Just upgraded an old store to 4.6.5. All went well except at the end I get this error message

"NetworkError: 406 Not Acceptable - domain/dev_store/skin/common_files/lib/jquery.cookie.js"

Top menu right hand side menu was screwed. Opening the store and refresh fixed the issue with the menu but the error message is still there. This in admin

Store front shows this
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - domain/dev_store/skin/ideal_comfort/images/spacer_black.gif"
No such files exists, it is located in common_files.

Cart page shows

1)It seems the mod_security apache module blocks the 'jquery.cookie.js' resource
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7660353/jquery-cookie-not-working

The affected calls are
Code:
aim-server[~/www/xcart_4_6_x]$ grep -r "\$\.cookie" skin skin/common_files/modules/EU_Cookie_Law/func.js: $.cookie(key, value, options); skin/common_files/modules/EU_Cookie_Law/func.js: $.cookie(key, null); skin/common_files/admin/main/modules_banner.tpl: $.cookie('hide_dialog_xcart_paid_modules', '1', { expires: new Date(date_time)}); skin/common_files/admin/main/main.tpl: $.cookie('hide_dialog_xcart_news', '1', { expires: new Date(date_time)}); skin/common_files/admin/js/module_tags.js: $.cookie('xcart_selected_tag_'+type, tag); skin/common_files/admin/js/show_company_adv.js: && $.cookie('hide_company_adv') != '1' skin/common_files/admin/js/show_company_adv.js: $.cookie('hide_company_adv', '1', { expires: new Date(date_time)}); aim-server[~/www/xcart_4_6_x]$

We will rename the jquery.cookie.js
to the jquery_cookie.js file

2)I have posted a ticket related to the spacer_black.gif file.

3)How can I reproduce the problem with the jCarousel plugin?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3784925/no-width-height-set-for-items-this-will-cause-an-infinite-loop-aborting

The following 3 users thank aim for this useful post:
cflsystems (10-23-2014), Ksenia (10-23-2014), mixon (10-23-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
Already enabled before the upgrade & still enabled after the upgrade.

If you want acces to my testserver, please send me a PM.

I have a few files that need to be manually patched, but it doesn't matter whether I patch them to 4.6.5 or just leave them and not patch them: this happens every time I try the upgrade.
I reset my virtual machine/testserver to 4.6.4 and try the patch again, same result.

Line 54 of top.inc.php is adding the extra '/'

Code:
define('XC_WEB_DS', '/');

The following user thanks davefawdon for this useful post:
aim (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 11:28 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog
upgrade script now checks, whether the security patches (or other patches by X-Cart team) were applied or not, if yes, removes them, and patches the files afterwards, adding the most recent version of the code without security vulnerabilities. This makes upgrade procedure easier in most cases, but in case the upgrade fails after this step, you need either to restore the site from backup or apply the aforementioned patches ( security- and bug-fixes) again
A very welcome improvement but I'm interested in some more technical information about how this part works. Hopefully it doesn't replace some files with stock versions before patching like some of the X-Cart add-on installers.

The following user thanks cherie for this useful post:
aim (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 06:39 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
A very welcome improvement but I'm interested in some more technical information about how this part works. Hopefully it doesn't replace some files with stock versions before patching like some of the X-Cart add-on installers.

I have added a special pre_patch script
xcart/upgrade/4.6.4-4.6.5/patch_pre_pre_force.php

Code:
................................ $is_reverse = ($direct_reverse == 'patches_NOT_included_in_FA_distr'); $is_applicable = @func_patch_apply($file, $tmp_patchfile, false, false, $log, $rejects, true, $is_reverse); if ($is_applicable) { $res = @func_patch_apply($file, $tmp_patchfile, false, false, $log, $rejects, false, $is_reverse); $patch_log[] = "trying to patch $file via $patchfile.Status:" . (empty($res) ? 'Failed' : 'Ok'); @touch($file_flag_already_patched); } ................

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
mixon (10-27-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 10:04 PM

Veteran

Newly discovered bug in AOM, just today, my guess is it exists since XCProduct class was introduced in XC with 4.6.x. Confirmed to exist in newest version as well - XC demo site.

Bug report - https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=43981
Old 10-27-2014, 07:12 PM

X-Wizard

I upgraded a dev copy of my 4.6.4 site to 4.6.5 which went very smoothly with only 4 files to manually patch. I'm now comparing a downloaded full version of 4.6.5 vs my upgraded version and see many files that were not patched to 4.6.5 although no errors showed during the upgrade.

Attached is a shot of a file comparison of 4.6.5 vs 4.6.4 along with the line instruction in the file.lst which shows the file was supposed to be patched but was not.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Paul
Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 PM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmirage001
I upgraded a dev copy of my 4.6.4 site to 4.6.5 which went very smoothly with only 4 files to manually patch. I'm now comparing a downloaded full version of 4.6.5 vs my upgraded version and see many files that were not patched to 4.6.5 although no errors showed during the upgrade.

Attached is a shot of a file comparison of 4.6.5 vs 4.6.4 along with the line instruction in the file.lst which shows the file was supposed to be patched but was not.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Paul

Could you PM me your
./var/upgrade/4.6.4-4.6.5/patch.log
and old
include/func/func.mail.php(before upgrade)
files?

I have just reuploaded the upgrade packs to take into account these patches
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=377357&postcount=29

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
elmirage001 (10-28-2014)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements