Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

4.5.0 Database upgrade packs released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 AM

X-Cart team

Default 4.5.0 Database upgrade packs released

We are glad to announce that 4.5.0 database upgrade packs have been released and available for downloading in your personal HelpDesk -> X-Cart -> 4.5.0 folder.

The upgrade instruction is attached to this message
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPGRADE_NOTES.txt (4.6 KB, 110 views)

The following 5 users thank rocky for this useful post:
am2003 (05-21-2012), cflsystems (05-21-2012), qualiteam (05-24-2012), tartaglia (05-22-2012), totaltec (05-21-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 AM

Default Re: 4.5.0 Database upgrade packs released

Thanks!

I ran into a few small problems in the process of upgrading from 4.2.3 to 4.5.0. Just listing them here in case they happen to anyone else.

The first problem had to do with caching, I think. As soon as I ran upgrade_sql.php, it said, "ERROR in upg_get_all_languages_charsets function. $all_languages array is empty". I couldn't figure out how to get the charsets cache to work, so I just added these lines to simulate cached values:

Code:
@@ -1139,6 +1139,7 @@ } else { $translators = _upg_get_language_translators(); $all_languages = func_data_cache_get('charsets'); + $all_languages = array('US' => 'utf-8'); $_new_all_languages = array(); foreach ($all_languages as $k => $value) { $_new_all_languages[$translators[$k]] = $value; @@ -1961,6 +1962,7 @@ $all_languages = func_data_cache_get('languages', array('en')); } else { $all_languages = func_data_cache_get('charsets'); + $all_languages = array('US' => 'utf-8'); $_new_all_languages = array(); foreach ($all_languages as $k => $value) { $_new_all_languages[$translators[$k]] = $value; @@ -4335,6 +4337,7 @@ $all_languages = func_data_cache_get('languages', array('en')); } else { $all_languages = func_data_cache_get('charsets'); + $all_languages = array('US' => 'utf-8'); foreach ($all_languages as $k => $value) { $all_languages[$k] = array(); $all_languages[$k]['charset'] = $value;

The second problem occurred while the tables were being upgraded. This query:

Code:
ALTER TABLE $sql_tbl[address_book] ADD UNIQUE `no_dups_in_addressbook` (title,firstname,lastname,userid,address,city,county,state,country,zipcode)

failed with a MySQL error: "Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes". That's because my database's default charset was already UTF-8, so when the upgrade pack created the xcart_address_book table, it was UTF-8. Then, upgrade_sql.php tried to create an index with about 700 characters. That would work with an ISO 8859 table, but with UTF-8, MySQL assumes each character will take up 3 bytes for this purpose, so 700 charcters = 2100 bytes, which exceeds the 1000-byte maximum.

To get around this, I just used a shorter index:

Code:
ALTER TABLE $sql_tbl[address_book] ADD UNIQUE `no_dups_in_addressbook` (userid,address,zipcode)

When the conversion was done, I found that some characters (in user data and category names) were garbled when I browsed the store, because the store was set to display pages as ISO 8859-1, but the data was actually UTF-8. So I changed my language's charset to UTF-8.

Code:
UPDATE xcart_language_codes SET charset='UTF-8' WHERE lngid = 40;

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do what I want, but it seems to be the equivalent of changing the charset setting while editing a language in older versions of X-Cart. (I had set my language's charset to UTF-8 in the 4.2.3 version of the store.)

The following 2 users thank ISG for this useful post:
Jon (02-18-2015), rocky (05-23-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 AM

Veteran

Thanks for sharing. You may wanna pass this to QT, hopefully rocky is monitoring and will look into it
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISG
Thanks!

I ran into a few small problems in the process of upgrading from 4.2.3 to 4.5.0. Just listing them here in case they happen to anyone else.

Thank you for the report. Could you please post the same to our open bugtracker so that our maintenance engineers could investigate it further?

https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/bug_report_page.php

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Veteran

This 2 exact same issues happened to me today but on 4.3.2-4.5.0 upgrade. The day before with 4.2.3-4.5.0 upgrade all went ok - the problems were not present. Alex are you re-releasing the patches to account for this?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM

Hi, I am having the issues with 4.1.12 to 4.5.0. Is it possible to have a patch or something to bypass this issue?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Can you explain to me what these "upgrade packs" are? Does this make going from a version like 4.4.2 to 4.5 easier? Please advise.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 AM

I am having issue too.

I am upgrading from 4.2.3 to 4.5.

I used the fix ISG posted (thanks ISG) for the "ERROR in upg_get_all_languages_charsets function. $all_languages array is empty" error, which got me past that point.

Now i am getting :

Applying table differences 4.2.3-4.4.0.
SQL error #1267 : Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
SQL query: UPDATE xcart_customer_bonuses INNER JOIN xcart_customers ON xcart_customers.username=xcart_customer_bonuses.lo gin SET xcart_customer_bonuses.userid=xcart_customers.id

Not really sure where to go from here.

Any help would be good.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym0n
Now i am getting :

Applying table differences 4.2.3-4.4.0.
SQL error #1267 : Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
SQL query: UPDATE xcart_customer_bonuses INNER JOIN xcart_customers ON xcart_customers.username=xcart_customer_bonuses.lo gin SET xcart_customer_bonuses.userid=xcart_customers.id

I fixed the above by restarting apache.

Now i am getting :

Creating a new tables definition for 4.2.3-4.4.0.
SQL error #1075 : Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
SQL query: ALTER TABLE xcart_customers DROP PRIMARY KEY
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM

I am getting something similar, how did you fix this ?

Creating a new tables definition for 4.1.12-4.4.0. .
SQL error #1075 : Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
SQL query: ALTER TABLE xcart_customers DROP PRIMARY KEY
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements