Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Remove Evaluation Notice?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-23-2010, 05:54 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Remove Evaluation Notice?

You should register the install on a public installation, then copy that public installation to your home/dev server that is not publicly available for development, once you get it registered I believe it should stay registered, but I haven't tested this.

Finding Cures for Your Online Headaches: http://www.internetmedicineman.com/
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Jason,
the problem is im running 4.2.3 quite successfully live, and revamping the shop on my home server using 4.3.1 before I upload it to the main site. I registered the live URL as 4.3 .1 under construction thinking the licence would translate to the dev machine (why I thought that I dont know in hindsight) It was just annoying having the notice on the dev machine, and since according to the license agreement:

2. PAID LICENSE
2.1 Paid license permits You to utilize one instance of the Software for purposes of running a single e-commerce store. This license can be obtained in consideration for the license fee paid to Author. Under the terms of Paid License you may:

a) use one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one website only, for purposes of running a single e-commerce store; in the event You intend to use the Software or any part thereof on more than one website, the license for each such multiple use must be purchased (see Appendix B for the explanation);

which is what I am doing. I may be breaking the agreement technically by removing the notice on the dev machine, but in the spirit of the agreement I think it should be quite legal

Peter

Developing on
PHP 5.3.0
MySQL server 5.0.75-community-log
MySQL client 5.1.36
Web server Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11
Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Satellite P500

ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 PM

eXpert

Yeah I understand where you are coming from it definitely is ridiculous. But in some ways I can understand X-Cart doing this. It probably makes it easier for them to track down theft of licenses instead of constantly tracking down legit copies where someone forgot to enter the correct URL on their license. It saves them time I'm sure, and in turn gives them more time to do other things.

It's not exactly the best way to do business, making the customer jump through hoops to save them time, but at the same time I find it acceptable because probably maintains lower costs and thus lower licensing pricing.

And I know what you are saying about the live store. I think all you'd really need to do is either create a directory, or a subdomain to slap your xcart in temporarily and then you can register it which removes all the stuff and then you can download to your dev and remove from the server.

Don't get me wrong I completely understand that it's a lot of work especially considering it's something you shouldn't have to do. And you probably don't want to do all that for a dev copy now, but at least the information is here for future users.

Finding Cures for Your Online Headaches: http://www.internetmedicineman.com/
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM

X-Adept

It would work better if x-cart used a different system all together. Yep it's needed, but like the user stated sometimes there are issues or it doesn't happen instantly. That's the key it's needed instantly, real time..

And with an update for people on live shops, if that message doesn't go straight away then it's going to cause real issues for some.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 AM

I am also having the same problem. Created support ticket, no response

I've edited my template so that it does not show. I have paid for a license and registered the exact domain. I cannot understand why this happens.

Oh well, I'll wait for them to be in touch.

Chris
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm having similar issue with registering a purchased license. I got this error message:
Customer "X" of company "X" tried to register X-Cart installed at http://example.com. Registration failed (Wrong license url).

My problem is the license URL I entered is correct matching the live site. Someone posted an instruction:
Make sure that no HTTP-authorization and firewall restrictions are set on incoming HTTP-connections to your X-Cart installation.
How the heck do i go about to make sure of the above? Like calling my host company up to tell them take off the firewall from my server? This is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help.
STV
Old 03-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven T
I'm having similar issue with registering a purchased license. I got this error message:
Customer "X" of company "X" tried to register X-Cart installed at http://example.com. Registration failed (Wrong license url).

My problem is the license URL I entered is correct matching the live site. Someone posted an instruction:
Make sure that no HTTP-authorization and firewall restrictions are set on incoming HTTP-connections to your X-Cart installation.
How the heck do i go about to make sure of the above? Like calling my host company up to tell them take off the firewall from my server? This is ridiculous.

Thanks for your help.
STV

yes i am having the exact same issue:

Even tried removing the whole script and reinstalling it and same issue. I messeged support 3 days ago.. still waiting for a reply, the suggestions regarding http authorization and firewall is a long shot, and i can confirm that's not a issue with me

just waiting for a answer from support ticket system not sure what else to do
Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM

I finally got this issue resolved and want to leave a post here in case others are having the same problem and in know how frustrating it can be when you can▓t find a straight answer quick enough.

Apparently there was a bug in the code. I had to contact Qualiteam▓s sales dept. They sent me a patch file to upload to the server to fix the problem. After that i re-registered and it worked just fine. They told me the latest x-cart download package should have this issued fixed.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:08 PM

Hi Stevan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven T
I finally got this issue resolved and want to leave a post here in case others are having the same problem and in know how frustrating it can be when you can▓t find a straight answer quick enough.

Apparently there was a bug in the code. I had to contact Qualiteam▓s sales dept. They sent me a patch file to upload to the server to fix the problem. After that i re-registered and it worked just fine. They told me the latest x-cart download package should have this issued fixed.

The patch you received is to fix a bug in the code on X-cart.

Going by that logic, may I request you to share the patch file in the forum which will save lot many people's trouble including mine?

Await to hear on this....

Best Regards,
Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Patch file to fix x-cart registration problem

I'm attaching the patch file to fix this bug. You just need to replace the file of the same name on your server where x-cart is installed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shop_registration.zip (1.7 KB, 284 views)

The following user thanks Steven T for this useful post:
Rajdeep (04-02-2010)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design