Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Why should I use X-Payments?

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Why should I use X-Payments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Why didn't anyone jump and scream and swear and make a stink about this when you first rolled this out? Or did I miss the fun, and the loudest just moved on to other cart solutions?

I think you missed it. All this is in the forum and yes some did move away from XC...

X-Payments as Alex pointed can now work on the checkout page. But even if not and it adds another page to checkout process if all is design to just flow I personally don;t mind having multiple page checkout. I myself am not convinced OPC has way better way of completing an order. As you often mention the big guys - look at Amazon for example - multiple steps checkout. I like FLC way better than OPC (XC one).
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
But even if not and it adds another page to checkout process if all is design to just flow I personally don;t mind having multiple page checkout. I myself am not convinced OPC has way better way of completing an order. As you often mention the big guys - look at Amazon for example - multiple steps checkout. I like FLC way better than OPC (XC one).

Yes, I agree with you - I don't mind a multi-step checkout, but I ONLY want a single submit. The flaw in the system (until today's discovery) is that submit is not really submit. 1st submit = submit to xcart; 2nd submit = submit to payment - and there are a endless reasons why or how 2nd submit will not happen, creating an administrative mess for store and customer.

I have a ticket out to Bill Brewer -- hopefully integrating x-payments 1.0.5 new feature into CheckoutOne will be the trick. Else, I will probably use FLC for now.

PS -- did YOU know that x-payments had this new feature? Considering the problem it solved, they didn't really talk it up too much, did they?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM

Veteran

Yes, the lite interface has been mentioned couple times here in the forum and I think in the 1.0.5 announcement thread. I don't use X-Payments though - since it is adding an additional step to checkout anyway why botter - I just use the iframe from the payment gateway and not have to deal with PCI. But I think this new X-Payments feature works with AuthNET only? I could be wrong though
Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
But I think this new X-Payments feature works with AuthNET only? I could be wrong though

Works with Elavon Merchant Provided. Does not require an iFrame from the gateway.
If gateways were to provide iFrame support, that would also be a game changer. But for many gateways, this is an instant solution. Finally.

But why on EARTH did they call it a "lite interface" -- that is NOT what it is. It is an "integrated" or "inline" or "iFrame" or "seamless" or pick a dozen descriptive names. To me, "lite" is a pisswater beer that I grew out of about 20 years ago.

Trust me, the "lite interface" is not mentioned in the current docs. I wouldn't have wasted a moment on the rant had I known it was there...
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I'm not suggesting this is easy to implement, but why not "simply" bring the x-payments page into the checkout page as an iframe

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=64082

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 AM

X-Cart team

Jeremy,

> Perhaps I missed something in the X-payments documentation?

I am sorry about that indeed. We concentrated on web-site and product line revamp and this fell out of my view. I added about "Lite interface" at
http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:X-Payments_Connector#Enabling_lite_interface_.28iFra me_sup...ep-Checkout.29

Also, made this more visible:
http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Connecting_an_Online_store
X-Payments product manager
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 AM

X-Cart team

With regards to Multi-Step checkout vs One-Step checkout: depends on type of your business and what you sell pretty much. One-step worked better for 2010 Olympic games shop - http://www.getelastic.com/single-vs-two-page-checkout/

Taking credit cards out of your site vs on your site may be no difference for a small business, but large companies see the difference and prefer to accept credit cards within their web-site pages.
X-Payments product manager
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions