Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

QuickOrder - AJAX-based search and ordering system

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: QuickOrder - AJAX-based search and ordering system

Hi John,
Everything has been fixed fast'n neat (see posts 18 and 19). I really appreciate the Mod and your quick response.

Keep up the (very) good work,

Cheers,

Philippe
Xcartmods: Ultimate Minicart, 4 Level Horizontal (and Vcal) Flyout

BCSE: Reviews Edit, Multiple Upselling
MagenticOne: Tag Cloud, Store Manager, Custom Data Feed
Websitecm: Xnews, Xnews SEO, CDSEO Pro
Jon Langevin: Gone With The Wind !
Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 AM

Hi John,

I just bought the module.

Though it is a good start, it is still not the best for the professionals.

I am listing out a bug and 2 feature requests.

If you are interested to listen and fix, I would like to list everything as i test.

1. In the listbox that lists the categories/manufacturers, the bottom end of the vertical scrollbar doesn't fit into the div and hence goes out of visibility.

2. There must be an option to show product description along with product full image (in the div fancy_content) when clicking on the thumbnail, whereas now it is showing only product full image.
Else customer will be forced to go back to traditional category page and then to the product page to see the product details.

3. It will be great if you can list atleast Discount & Discounted Subtotal along with Subtotal in "Your Cart".

But, I must say you will rock.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 AM

Advanced Member

Hi ksnagarajan, thanks for the feedback:

The scrollbar disappearing is a known bug, now fixed for the forthcoming v1.2. If you would it to be fixed immediately, simple edit lines 192-197 in exm_quickorder/styles/main.css to this:

#qo_col_left_linklist
{
width:200px;
height:399px;
overflow:auto;
}

We're working on QuickOrder v1.2 at the moment, which will be released next week - it's a free update that addresses all your concerns and more. Some of the features include:

Collapsable category menus
Now clicking on a category shows sub-categories as smaller links on the left

Better compatibility with other mods
AJAX Minicart and MultiCurrency now supported

Print Cart button

New, custom-designed print template for cart printouts

Customer Reordering

Customers can now bring up old orders, reorder or edit them as if they were a new order.

Better Searchbox
Now checks SKUs, product names and descriptions for a seamless search experience

Better Product Details
Clicking on image or product title now brings up fully-featured lightbox
with image, description etc.

Better Product Options
Now in lightbox for better-looking experience.

Discounts shown in Cart
Now subtotals show any discounts applied to them

On/Off Switches
Now you can toggle categories, manufacturers and even individual products from appearing in QuickOrder, perfect if you only want a portion of your catalogue to be seen within QO.

And of course if anybody has suggestions or comments that they'd like to see in QuickOrder, there's still time before v1.2 is tested and released.

QuickOrder AJAX-based search and ordering system now available
giving you complete control over how customers browse and search for your products. Click here for details.
PriceSlider - easily filter categories by price range - only $9.99 - details here

X-Cart 4.1, X-Cart 4.2 on Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantXMods.com
And of course if anybody has suggestions or comments that they'd like to see in QuickOrder, there's still time before v1.2 is tested and released.

Hi John

There is a couple Bug I found that need to be addressed

1. when you click on manufactures column and select a manufacture if there is only one product under each category of that manufacture there is no problem.
meaning that if you select manufacture X with 10 products under 10 category there is no problem

BUT if those 10 products are under one category that category gets repeated 10 times with the same category heading and the same products or if those 10 products are under 2 category those 2 category get repeated 5 times each

2. the second problem with the manufacture column is the way its highlighted . when you click on a manufacturer for the first time it gets highlighted and everything is fine but when you select the 2nd manufacture it is highlighted also but the first highlighted manufacturer is still highlighted and if you go for the 3rd and 4th and... all of them get highlighted

3. I have over 40.000 product and around 1000 manufacture and I understand that could be slow on my site (and it is) But if you could do any thing to improve the performance it is greatly appreciate it ....

if you want to see any of these Bugs/Issues please feel free to PM me and I will give you link to my site to see for yourself...

Thanks a lot for the great work and support and the time you are spending on this
It is really appreciate it

Paryaei
& Heavily moded
Old 08-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Advanced Member

Very cool mod
Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 PM

Advanced Member

You guys really are on the right tract with your elegant and affordable mods, I love how you're paying attention to design, functionality and simplicity.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 AM

Advanced Member

Default QuickOrder v1.2 now available for download

First of all, many thanks to Tavarz for the kind feedback! Always appreciated!

We're please to announce that QuickOrder v1.2 is now available for download - with a host of new features that our customers have asked for. It's still the same price at $39.99, is compatible with all flavours of X-Cart 4.1 and 4.2, and you can see a demo of v1.2 in action here.

(and of course, all customers who have purchased QuickOrder in the past will be receiving a mailshot today with their free update download links).

Some of the new features present in v1.2 include:
  • Faster - data caching mixed with redesigned JavaScript for minimum delays when adding products to cart.
  • Compatibility with more third-party mods - including MultiCurrency and AJAX Add To Cart.
  • Improved AutoComplete searchbar - with category grouping and improved design..
  • New design - streamlined interface with more options.
http://www.elegantxmods.com/forum/quickorder_1.2/new-design.gif
  • Backordering - option to bypass the built-in stock check functions.
  • Order History - registered customers can reload previous orders, edit and re-order them.
  • Improved category lists - categories now open out to reveal sub-categories.
http://www.elegantxmods.com/forum/quickorder_1.2/autocomplete.gif
  • Print Cart - contents of customers' carts can now be printed out.
  • Full access to membership levels and wholesale pricing.
  • Product Details - clicking on a product title or image now brings up a lightbox with description, price, SKU etc.
  • Improved Product Options popup - redesigned lightbox-style popup now has more options than ever.
http://www.elegantxmods.com/forum/quickorder_1.2/product-options.gif
  • Full access to discounts and taxes.
  • Extra column in Category Administration - categories can be visible or hidden from QuickOrder.
  • Express Install / Update - improved install script now uses FTP to avoid any permissions issues when installing QuickOrder.
QuickOrder is available from http://www.elegantxmods.com, and of course, if anybody has anything they'd like to see in QuickOrder. feel free to let us know!

QuickOrder AJAX-based search and ordering system now available
giving you complete control over how customers browse and search for your products. Click here for details.
PriceSlider - easily filter categories by price range - only $9.99 - details here

X-Cart 4.1, X-Cart 4.2 on Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:42 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a really great little mod, and v1.2 is blazing fast. John has been extraordinarily helpful as well, the support and followup have been outstanding. Thanks for the help and patience!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM

i agree 100% very helpfull and great mod

www.fonefunshop.biz
Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 AM

Advanced Member

I really like this mod, but I have found a bug that should be addressed. You add a product to the cart with product options and you choose the first product option. The next time you add the same product to the cart, but choose a different product option. The cart will show qty 2 of the second item instead of 2 separate items. Anyone else have this problem?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4