Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

My Account Login

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-30-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Worked for me

Thank you Mike for this fab mod - I can see lots of possibilities for this customer centre once I finally work out how to code in php. Got the book That said this was straightforward and with the changed reference to menu_mod.tpl then it just worked straight off.

Oh yes and I moved Login.tpl to the help section and then referenced it from a link: ="/help.php?section=Login"

One thing which I am not sure is down to this or to other things, if I login then it says "welcome USERNAME" then if I log out the home.php still says "welcome USERNAME" - anyone give me an idea of how I get this to update?

www.naturalvetcompany.com (it is mid tweaking for visuals)

thanks again

Vivienne
Old 09-30-2005, 06:09 PM

X-Adept

Yes, this mod leaves a bit desired as I made too many assumptions that users implementing this would actually ready what is in it and see the custum naming etc. Since this mod came out (and it really isn't much of a mod!) I have been plagued with email to support it, makes me think twice about putting any of my little tweaks in the forum.

But, I would love to see someone do a similar mod that is easier for newbies and simpler to follow installs etc. Then it could replace my post. Most often it's the fact that the buttons are custom or the language variables weren't added, but it is helpful when setup properly.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Hard work I know

It must be hard but I dont htink you shoudl be put off. I would just put a note on my posts saying that I was just posting it as a starting point and that I could not help with any other queries and that users of it should understand what they are doing before using it. That way the experienced people could help develop it and people like me who tends to get really into things before thinking about what I am doing could take note and have a read through first. This is my first XCart/Php or html project and it took me a while to realise that
a) I could really screw things up
b) I have very little understanding of php so if I am oging to make any major change I should backup first
and also how great it is to have a forum like this and so I should try not to make too much of a nuisance of myself and to try a bit harder before asking for help (and read all the other peoples posts with changes before I begin).

so anyway thanks for this mod, I hope you do put any good things up in the future.

Viv
Old 10-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default Works like a charm!

Great little mod! I hope you continue to share!

To those implementing, be sure to make ALL of the language file changes. The only other change I made was to use menu.tpl, instead of menu_mod.tpl at the end of the other 3 _mod.tpl files.
Product Configurator
Fancy Categories (turned off)
Old 10-21-2005, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
a simple way to create a log in page is.

add a link

Code:
<table border="0" align="right" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> {if $login} <FORM action="{$xcart_web_dir}/include/login.php" method="post" name="loginform"> <td> Log Out - {$login} <INPUT type="hidden" name="mode" value="logout"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{$redirect}"> </td> </FORM> {else} <td> Log In </td> {/if} </tr> </table>

edit checkout.tpl. get the bit of code at the top and wrap it with the following to remove the cart part showing if the page is being used for log in

Ok, I'm trying to follow Shan's directions for a simple login page, but I don't seem to have a checkout.tpl - am I missing something??

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:11 AM

Advanced Member

Mine is in skin1/customer/main/checkout.tpl. Likely yours is too!
Product Configurator
Fancy Categories (turned off)
Old 12-18-2005, 03:37 AM

followed instructions all i get is Page not found the link to login is http://www.realsecurity.co.uk/xcart/help.php?section=Login

strange this, nothing else to change that i can think of, created all the _mod templates as mentioned, maybee if its wrong then the instructions could be clearer, although they seem simple enough to follow,

any help appreciated on this,

http://www.realsecurity.co.uk
Old 12-18-2005, 04:10 AM

Just found to get to login was not Xcart/help etc it was .co.uk/help even though got past this hurdle there is nothing but smarty errors, have now restored my files back as this doesnt seem to work as described, there is several mods further down the page that relate to errors? has anybody got the code that is actually working, if so could it be posted on here as a new topic from start to finish as im sure most would agree starting to modify your files and then find more changes at the end of the topic gets a bit confusing.....would be nice to see this working,

many thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 11:43 AM

I have done this mod and all i can get is smarty errors, one being cant locate menu_mod.tpl, even though its in where it should be,,,,have since given up with this and restored my files, has someone got the right way of doing this all in one single step by step, as it seems quite a few of you have added bits where the mod was wrong,

many thanks

darren

http://www.realsecurity.co.uk
Old 12-20-2005, 06:08 AM

This mod has an issue on the logout screen where modify profile is not desplayed just an empty button, found after several hours of searching through code that the {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_modify_details href="register.php?mode=update"}

this was the problem, it should be modify_profile as details doesnt excist.....

also rezized my login from 100% to 50% and center tags makes it look a bit smarter.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions