Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

maeketing manager

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-19-2007, 06:14 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: maeketing manager

Quote:
hopefully you havent had it more than 3 months

I have, but that's not the issue... Firetank support answered me and told me that the CONTENTS of the customer's cart is NOT going to be visible using "follow user.." BUT -- I just tested again on a different computerusing 2 browsers, and it TRACKS the cart contents... so this must be a browser issue. I'll do more research on this.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Advanced Member

That part has always been kind of buggy. I have never tested it with different browsers though. I almost always use Internet Explorer and some times it works and some times not. I notice when things are not working correctly you get strange urls in the address bar.

Example: my newsletter section doesnt work and in the address bar I have:

http://www.insanediscounts.com/admin/mm_index.php?mod=e01

The last part =e01 shouldnt be visible

so look for stuff like that on parts that dont work correctly. Ofcourse the file e01 is encoded so you cant diagnose it past that. Thats been our problem the entire time that these numbers appear on parts not working. They gave us new copies of those files for the first 3 months but apparently there is some kind of bug in the encoding that breaks the script.

Maybe I just got a bad script or something.
I really like the software when it works though.

On the plus side, I have almost completed my newsletter mod. It is currently connecting to the x-cart database and getting the newsletter subscription emails and sending in html. I should finish it soon and then decide what to add next.

Anyway , sounds like its working pretty good for you for the most part besides the minor cart thing which is no big deal since you can get it to work in another browser.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:25 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I have, but that's not the issue... Firetank support answered me and told me that the CONTENTS of the customer's cart is NOT going to be visible using "follow user.." BUT -- I just tested again on a different computerusing 2 browsers, and it TRACKS the cart contents... so this must be a browser issue. I'll do more research on this.

It's not a browser issue, it's your PHP session ID is tagged onto the URL, as a security default you should really have this turned off on your website. If you look at your URLS when you are logged in and viewing your cart chances are you have this visible.

I won't go into detail about why it should be turned off, but in general your x-cart sites should never show this or allow linking to it, earlier versions of PHP defaulted to showing this.

Traffic monitor is being passed this information to it by the server and will follow exactly what it is being given.

In your .htaccess file in the root of your site add the line

For a .htaccess file you should add the following line:

php_flag session.use_trans_sid off

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 11-25-2007, 05:40 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico
It's not a browser issue, it's your PHP session ID is tagged onto the URL, as a security default you should really have this turned off on your website. If you look at your URLS when you are logged in and viewing your cart chances are you have this visible.

Hi Groovico -- thanks for the answer -- BUT there is no session ID visible in my URLs. I have almost the latest php version 5.2.4.

I wonder if the session ID is used by "remember anonymous carts" ?

I'll ask Jon.

I'm putting out a fire right now and will address this next.

PS -- THANK YOU for the INCREDIBLE support -- I just bought another one of your mods and you turned it around in minutes. And Kurt answered a question at 2am EST on saturday night/sunday morning. You guys rock!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:05 AM

X-Man

Thanks carpeperdiem for the compliment we try do our best, and would you believe Kurt is actually away on vacation and still doing tickets!

I'm curious on the cart issue, can you PM me the site link please along with details on the type of server the site is running on.

The session ID has always been the main culprit for exposing the cart contents in traffic monitors follow customer as it technically was hijacking the session in the same fashion as copying the complete URL and giving it to someone would do.

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 AM

X-Guru

Quote:

This shouldn't matter:

from my phpinfo:

session.use_trans_sid is set to 0 for local and master

I sent you a PM. Thanks...

Jeremy
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico

In your .htaccess file in the root of your site add the line

Ok, did that and verified it with phpinfo. The really odd thing is that it was working right after I did that on 11/25, but today it has stopped again.

Any other ideas?

On Edit:

Just to let you know, we are using Opera and Firefox on Macs (OS X 10.4). Also, Michelle informs me that it seems to always log her out when she does the follow user option.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:45 AM

Advanced Member

How does the product perform speed wise? We had the sales-n-stats for about a month before we had to nuke it because of the delays it added to the add to cart time (5-6 seconds some times). Now we are just using logs to track, I need something more that wont slow the site down. Will this product work for that?

- Herb
Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 PM

eXpert

We had the Marketing Manager reinstalled for our upgrade from 4.0.13 to 4.1.9 and it works fine. It took a couple of times to get it right (on our side), but thanks to Kurt and his great support, it works beautifully now.
Gilbert, AZ 85299-1571
P 480.422.7350
F 888.359.2568
www.flysportsgear.com?MMCF_xcartforum (X-Cart 4.5.2) FOR SALE
Old 03-24-2008, 02:26 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyburyBaby
How does the product perform speed wise? We had the sales-n-stats for about a month before we had to nuke it because of the delays it added to the add to cart time (5-6 seconds some times). Now we are just using logs to track, I need something more that wont slow the site down. Will this product work for that?

- Herb

Hi Herb,

Marketing Manager due to the way it's built won't slow down your site. Many of the reports work independantly of the tracking elements. And the traffic monitor module for Marketing Manager is kept very light.

You can see a demo of Marketing Manager online on our site http://www.firetanksoftware.com by clicking the marketing manager demo link.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4