Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 Released + Updated addons + Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-18-2004, 11:34 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Possible Bugs in X-Cart 4.0.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzlewillz
1. It has been mentioned earlier, but the manufacturer does not match up to the product when you try to add a manufacturer to a product via the admin area.

2. After you make your main categories they ONLY get listed in alphbetical order, I have tried to order them differently using the POS. but it will not switch their positions.

1. http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=52759#52759

2. This is a patch:
Code:
Index: include/categories.php =================================================================== retrieving revision 1.64 diff -u -r1.64 categories.php --- include/categories.php 12 Jul 2004 06:50:34 -0000 1.64 +++ include/categories.php 19 Jul 2004 07:11:25 -0000 @@ -63,11 +63,13 @@ global $user_account; $customer_search_condition = " AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')"; $search_condition .= $customer_search_condition; - if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL) + if ($flag == "all") $sort_condition = " ORDER BY category"; else $sort_condition = " ORDER BY order_by, category"; } + elseif (defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES')) + $sort_condition = " ORDER BY category, order_by"; if ($short_list) $to_search = "categoryid,parentid,categoryid_path,category,product_count,avail,order_by";
Old 07-18-2004, 11:40 PM

X-Adept

Cheers to svowl! My personal heroe tonight for bringing us these snappy fixes. I promise I will provide you with many more bugs for your debugging enjoyment. \
MySQL 5.1.68
Apache 2.2.23
Old 07-19-2004, 03:48 AM

After installation of 4.0, on the customer page I get this error at the top of the screen and am unsure what to do about it:

Code:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xcart_products.avail>0 and AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid IN (248) AN' at line 1 SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_products.productid, xcart_products.product, xcart_products.productcode, xcart_products.avail, MIN(xcart_pricing.price) AS price FROM xcart_products, xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories, xcart_pricing WHERE xcart_products.productid=xcart_products_categories.productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid=xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products.productid=xcart_pricing.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=1 AND xcart_pricing.variantid = 0 AND (xcart_pricing.membership='' OR xcart_pricing.membership='') AND (xcart_categories.membership='' OR xcart_categories.membership='') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' xcart_products.avail>0 and AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid IN (248) AND xcart_products.views_stats>0 AND xcart_products.sales_stats > 0 GROUP BY xcart_products.productid ORDER BY xcart_products.sales_stats DESC, xcart_products.views_stats DESC LIMIT 5

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can't seem to correctly import data into the extra fields where I still can on my live store(3.4.14). Could this error have anything to do with that? And, am I the only one who got this error after installation?

I have since found from another thread that this SQL error is appearing when you check to disable products that are out of stock. When I unchecked it the error no longer appeared. I re-imported products, checked the box, and the error appears again, so that must be a bug.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:00 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180
After installation of 4.0, on the customer page I get this error at the top of the screen and am unsure what to do about it:

Code:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'xcart_products.avail>0 and AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid IN (248) AN' at line 1 SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_products.productid, xcart_products.product, xcart_products.productcode, xcart_products.avail, MIN(xcart_pricing.price) AS price FROM xcart_products, xcart_categories, xcart_products_categories, xcart_pricing WHERE xcart_products.productid=xcart_products_categories.productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid=xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_products.productid=xcart_pricing.productid AND xcart_pricing.quantity=1 AND xcart_pricing.variantid = 0 AND (xcart_pricing.membership='' OR xcart_pricing.membership='') AND (xcart_categories.membership='' OR xcart_categories.membership='') AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' xcart_products.avail>0 and AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid IN (248) AND xcart_products.views_stats>0 AND xcart_products.sales_stats > 0 GROUP BY xcart_products.productid ORDER BY xcart_products.sales_stats DESC, xcart_products.views_stats DESC LIMIT 5

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can't seem to correctly import data into the extra fields where I still can on my live store(3.4.14). Could this error have anything to do with that? And, am I the only one who got this error after installation?

I have since found from another thread that this SQL error is appearing when you check to disable products that are out of stock. When I unchecked it the error no longer appeared. I re-imported products, checked the box, and the error appears again, so that must be a bug.

if you read up about 4 posts...this has already been addressed and the fix posted(in the same post).
Old 07-19-2004, 08:07 AM

X-Adept

I think I might have found another bug. On my site www.1lingerie.us/products I was ading categories and when I used the pos although it shows on the admin side as the correct order after stating their order on the customer/store side it doesnt show in this correct order. It appears to liost them in alphabetical order instead.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:39 AM

Did you apply the categories patch posted bout 4-5 posts back?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:35 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn180

Code:

if you read up about 4 posts...this has already been addressed and the fix posted(in the same post).

This actually wasn't addressed yet, that was another SQL error. This one has to do with the 'Disabling products when they are out of stock" option. I really LOVE this option and look forward to a fix!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 AM

Advanced Member

how exactly do I install the patch?

2nd site: Version 4.0.12

X-Cart version 3.5.14
PHP 4.3.3 details
MySQL server 4.0.15
Old 07-20-2004, 07:49 AM

Advanced Member

ok so i figured it out...

the minus sign (-) means that line needs to be deleted and replaced with the line that has the plus (+) line.

woo hoo

2nd site: Version 4.0.12

X-Cart version 3.5.14
PHP 4.3.3 details
MySQL server 4.0.15
Old 07-20-2004, 09:07 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1
Not really a bug... more of a gripe...

Don't like not being able to delete the Master account, it's the first thing I delete on a new install...

Also, what's happened to the tickbox for signing up to the newsletter during registration? It's an extremely valuable sales tool, but hardly anyone can be bothered to sign up separately on the front page.

Any chance of getting these changed for the next release?

Dave

Dave, what you have to do is to create a new admin user and then log in with that account. You can then delete the other (default) account. I think they changed this so that people couldnt delete their own account and so get locked out of the amdin area.

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements