Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

My First Website

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 AM

eXpert

Mrbiggles,

Just to let you know, I did a search on Yahoo (Australia) for the name Creydall and this is what I got:

1. Creydall Systems website
Write a brief description of what the user can expect to find on this page in here. ... Secondary Contact: 8379 2934. www.creydall.com ...www.users.on.net/~jrandall - 31k - Cached - More pages from this site

When I clicked on the link, I got some pictures of a house that appears to be for sale. What the!!!!?????

Have you submitted your site to the major search engines. If you haven't, then you could be missing out big time. Get your meta tags and descriptions in order and do it. It's a shame that a live site such as yours is not listed.

Good luck!

Regards

Michael
Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 AM

Hi Michael

Yep that was a temporary holding area for my website while I was looking for a decent Host provider.

Yahoo grabbed it ages ago, and as of yet has not let go. The important thing as far as Im concerned is that it will only come up if you type in Creydall into the Yahoo search engine, this is probably an unlikely search at the present (although you just proved me wrong!).

type in "computers adelaide" or "Adelaide computer hardware" into ninemsn or msn and you will see the correct website is at the number 1 position.

I tried doing a re-direct on the other website but I think the permissions on my home webspace will not let me, I dont need it anymor so will just rename it or delete it, and see what happens.

Thanks for letting me know.
Regards Adam
Apache/1.3.33
Perl 5.008004
Adam
Adelaide South Australia
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site