Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-12-2006, 12:28 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoverpass
Hey,

After installing the mod Im finding myself getting errors after the usser come back from the payment page (at 2checkout), everything seams fine, but once they come back to my site they get a message:
"
Order processing error !
Payment processor declined your order.
Please review your data and try again.

Reason: (AuthCode: 123456) (TransID: 97986-28811697) (subcode/reasoncode: 1/1)
"

Do you know why this might be?

ps. I installed it quite a while ago and then my store kinda went on hiatus and I didnt have time to fix the problem, site is http://www.ingenioustees.com

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

Since intalling this mod, I am also getting an error with 2checkout. Basically if I only have 1 item in stock and the user presses the back button in 2checkout to go back to the store, it then tells them that the item is out of stock and they then abandon the cart. It's loosing me sales. What on earth is going on???
Old 09-12-2006, 12:36 PM

X-Man

The out of stock is not a problem with the mod it's just the way x-cart works

For example when someone goes to place an order it's temporaily placed in a "not-finished" status until the payment is complete

If an order is paid then it moves it to complete
If an payment of a order fails it makes the status failed

so if the customer clicks back then the site isn't able to move the status to complete or failed because there it hasn't reached the trigger point to do so

So the order is still not finished which means it has taken the items out of stock as it's awaiting payment hence if you have only 1 of something in stock then if they click back it shows it out of stock.

It's just the way x-cart is and you need to keep an eye on orders or find a way of stopping the customers clicking the back button
Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 PM

X-Guru

Was just about to post but don't think there's anything more I need to say, thanks for the great explanation
Old 09-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
The out of stock is not a problem with the mod it's just the way x-cart works

For example when someone goes to place an order it's temporaily placed in a "not-finished" status until the payment is complete

If an order is paid then it moves it to complete
If an payment of a order fails it makes the status failed

so if the customer clicks back then the site isn't able to move the status to complete or failed because there it hasn't reached the trigger point to do so

So the order is still not finished which means it has taken the items out of stock as it's awaiting payment hence if you have only 1 of something in stock then if they click back it shows it out of stock.

It's just the way x-cart is and you need to keep an eye on orders or find a way of stopping the customers clicking the back button

Many many thanks. I've been scratching my head over this one. It must be a co-incidence, but it only happened after installing the mod. Before, I had no problems. Strange.

Do you know how I can disable the back button somehow? I don't think this is possible.

Do other big sites such as amazon have this same problem with their solution? It just seems crazy to me that this is not more user friendly / robust.

I have had to deal with 3 such issues out of a total of 5 orders. It's a big hassle and I'm loosing sales because of it.

Could you imagine if Amazon had to email even 1% of their customers?

Also since installing the mod, the Marketing manager has stopped showing sales and where they have come from. I guess there must have been some code that has been deleted. Any ideas how I fix this?

Best Regards,
Old 09-13-2006, 01:07 PM

X-Man

Could you imagine amazon paying a couple of hundred dollars for their ecommerce system
Old 09-13-2006, 01:44 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
Could you imagine amazon paying a couple of hundred dollars for their ecommerce system

I know what you're saying, but there must be a logical solution to this.

BTW. Did you ever get your site back in 1st position in google?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:50 PM

X-Man

Nope not really im afraid - it is quite logical the way it is if you think about it.

say for example you had 1 item left in stock but two people add it to their cart at the same time
the one customer gets to the payment section quicker so during that short time the status of that order is "not finished" so effectivley the item has been taken out of stock which means the 2nd customer can't buy it whilst this proccess is happening.

now because the trigger point is set at either payment has completed or payment has failed , if you can't get to that trigger then it would just stick.

The only way I could ever see it working the way you want would be that there is a timing mechanism in place where say for example after 360 seconds any order that is set to not finished is then reverted back to failed thus putting the item back into stock but that would be one to put to a developer.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:59 PM

eXpert

Cot,

I've seen some websites do this.

If you have something in ur cart for x time and you have
not checked out, it takes it out of ur cart and puts into inventory.

This is to avoid hoggers tiying up ur inventory.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:05 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecommerce
Cot,

I've seen some websites do this.

If you have something in ur cart for x time and you have
not checked out, it takes it out of ur cart and puts into inventory.

This is to avoid hoggers tiying up ur inventory.

What I can't understand is why x-cart can't develop something that takes into account the IP address for example. If a user presses back to x-cart, then they can check the referrer variable and the IP address and basically reset the state back to the previous situation. This would prevent abandoned carts for users that do this. At least they wouldn't then get the out of stock message which prevents them from completing the sale.

My second gripe is that in 2checkout it seems that all my items are added together and when the user is presented with the invoice it states "Quantity 1: ёxxx" which is the total price and not a breakdown on the products. Is there any way of changing this?

Regards,
Old 09-13-2006, 02:10 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy99
Do you know how I can disable the back button somehow? I don't think this is possible.

Also since installing the mod, the Marketing manager has stopped showing sales and where they have come from. I guess there must have been some code that has been deleted. Any ideas how I fix this?

Unfortunately you can't disable the back button. Alternatively you can add obvious buttons on your site to encourage the user to click them instead of using their browser buttons.

With regard to Marketing Manager, open up skin1/customer/home.tpl and find the track.js code. Make sure the same code is added before the </head> tag in skin1/customer/home_checkout.tpl
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4