Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 AM

eXpert

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

"Call Home" is a topic on everyone's lips at the moment so I'm wondering how your software handles this... Does it call home? If so, how often and what happens when it can't establish contact?

Also, I currently use the DSEFU mod which I will now ditch in favour of any other product that can do similar or better things. If I were to buy CDSEO Pro, what impact would that make with regard to Google? Is it seamless?

SEO is not one of my strong points and I find your CDSEO Pro module setting a little overwhelming btw (the fear of stuffing up the settings and ruining excellent rankings thus far is huge).

Thanks
Old 06-07-2008, 10:05 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

CDSEO does not 'call home' at all.

DSEFU urls are rewritten with 301 redirects automatically, the same as the html catalog, so your rankings and current links will not be lost.

By default CDSEO auto-populates data and uses settings that will in nearly all cases work well for SEO, so if you only need to tweak and customize if you feel comfortable doing so.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 PM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
FYI, I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products.

Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 AM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
If you are changing all categories to all manufacturers, then I can provide you a customization to do automatic 301 redirects, but if you are changing only some of your categories, then those categories would need to be manually specified for 301 redirection.

CDSEO Pro automatically 301 redirects html catalog pages to new CDSEO Urls, so your search engine rankings will be preserved, but there will be a transition period while indexes are updated.

Thanks for the info. I think I will just keep the categories as they are but can you confirm I can do the following with your mod;

If I have a current category. The title, link text and text that appears in the navigation is all the same. Will I be able to edit the URL so it has a differrent title, different html link text and diffrent category name that appears in the navigation?

Thanks

Tahir
Old 06-08-2008, 11:13 PM

eXpert

I was about to make a purchase, but it seems CDSEO Pro is not compatible with my version of X-Cart 4.0.X (I can only select the 4.1.X version on your web site). Will you be offering 4.0.X compatibilty in future?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:25 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Michael
I think he said on his forum some were another month.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcparts
Hi Michael
I think he said on his forum some were another month.

Yes it will be 4.0.x compatible soon.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahirfayyaz
If I have a current category. The title, link text and text that appears in the navigation is all the same. Will I be able to edit the URL so it has a differrent title, different html link text and diffrent category name that appears in the navigation?

Yes - the url, title, link anchor and actual category name can all be different.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul@dimoda.com.au
Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

You'd need to edit your modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.php to query the tmbn_url variable. I imagine Telafirma should support you with this.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM

X-Adept

Lets say I have a specific URL that is created in CDSEO Pro.

6 months pass and I find a better keyword to use in the URL.

I change the url to use the new keyword which now changes the product listing's url.

Will the CDSEO Pro mod connect the old cached url clicked on in a search listing by an end user to the proper product?

At the same time, will the mod also throw a 301 permanent redirect to update the link in the search engines?

Or will the old link once clicked on trigger a 404 error for the end user since the product now has a new url created with the addition of the new keyword in it?

I hope I asked this as clearly as possible.

I know it will connect old basic urls to new pro urls, but wondered after running pro links for a while if they could be tweaked over time and still connect to their proper destinations.

----------------------

Also have another question about static pages. I know a lot of folks have static pages they wish to get decent urls for, but what if you have a static page you do not want to show in search indexes or to people via basic links other than specific locations where you place a link for a page to be used?

Example I have sizing charts and troubleshooting pages I do not wish to have spidered and listed in search indexes. Can we add a NOCACHE NOINDEX type meta tag to that static page somehow to keep it sage and sound since the static pages will all now have this new capability to bee seen and spidered?

Some pages just are not meant to be seen, lol.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4