Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-25-2008, 01:44 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Thanks for clearifying Jon, I must have been reading too fast...:P

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:02 AM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anc

Hi,

Really interested in this mod as we are still using the standard HTML catalogue.

Can I ask a quick few questions

I am using normal categories for all the brands we sell but want to change it so that so all brands are listed under manufacturers. Will the 301 do that redirect if I delete the old brand categories?

What effect will this have in the search engines?

Thanks

Tahir
Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

If you are changing all categories to all manufacturers, then I can provide you a customization to do automatic 301 redirects, but if you are changing only some of your categories, then those categories would need to be manually specified for 301 redirection.

CDSEO Pro automatically 301 redirects html catalog pages to new CDSEO Urls, so your search engine rankings will be preserved, but there will be a transition period while indexes are updated.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 AM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Dear Jon,

Do you have an example site where CDSEO Pro has been implemented?
Also, if a windows server has installed the ISAPI Rewrite is it possible to install CDSEO Pro or will this be available soon?

1 Other question: when i install CDSEO Pro, will all URL's be changed automaticly? or do i need to update them manually? I only see a screenshot that i can change the URL manually.

With kind regards
Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 AM

Jon installed CDSEO Pro on my site last week

www.CoffeeShrine.com.au

regards
Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul@dimoda.com.au
Jon installed CDSEO Pro on my site last week

www.CoffeeShrine.com.au

regards

Nice site you have there Paul. Are you aware that none of the images are showing up in the Related Products section?

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo
Nice site you have there Paul. Are you aware that none of the images are showing up in the Related Products section?

FYI, I believe this is a glitch in Telafirma's image mod which relies on the thmb_url value which is not queried for by related products.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vogels
Dear Jon,

Do you have an example site where CDSEO Pro has been implemented?
Also, if a windows server has installed the ISAPI Rewrite is it possible to install CDSEO Pro or will this be available soon?

1 Other question: when i install CDSEO Pro, will all URL's be changed automaticly? or do i need to update them manually? I only see a screenshot that i can change the URL manually.

With kind regards

ISAPI Rewrite is in progress and will be available soon. All urls and information are auto-populated and then can be customized manually if desired. We should have a video demo of the install up this week.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm confused to how CDSEO static and XNews CDSEO fit with CDSEO Pro. Can they still be used?

Ddo they get included in or supported by CDSEO Pro?

CDSEO Pro runs in parallel to XCart especially for editing. Is the information still included in the XCart database?

Can you still edit the CDSEO information from with XCart admin or do I have to edit a product in two places?

On upgrading what is your recommendation concerning keeping the CDSEO basic URLs compared to upgrading and 301 redirect?

How does 301 redirect effect exiting SEO positioning?

Thanks,
-dana
Linux - RedHat Enterprise 4 i686
PHP/4.4.6, MySQL 4.1.21, Apache/1.3.37
XCart Pro 4.1.6 (Linux - dedicated server)
Affiliate,Gift Reg, Special Offers,Feature Compare
BCSE: CDSEO2 Links, CDSEO Links Pages, XNews, XNewsSEO
CL: CSS4.1x
WCSM: Anonymous Cart,
FTS: Advanced Product Search, Newest Products
Old 06-03-2008, 02:46 PM

X-Guru

CDSEO Static pages is not part of CDSEO Pro by default. CDSEO static would be removed as part of PRO installation. Xnews is seperate and would be unmodified.

Yes the information is included in the xcart database but in seperate database tables.

Currently you would add the product or whatever via the x-cart admin and then modify the seo values in the CDSEO Pro admin. We will create a module to integrate into the default x-cart admin but for ease of install, upgrade compatibility, etc., this is not part of the base product.

Depending on how well google sees your site, 301 redirecting all urls at once may result in a temporary flux of your rankings for a month or two. If you are very concerned, just keep the basic urls, and then change the urls to the root over a period of time so the transition is gradual.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4