Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Internal Error for International Sales

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default Internal Error for International Sales

Hello,

I had x-payments installed and configured and it is working well for domestic sales in the US, but customers from other countries, like England and Spain get an error that says, "internal error." I called my credit card processor, Authorize.net, and they said the error isn't on their part. When I checked, the sale doesn't even make it to their servers to get declined. The error is from my servers.

I logged in to X-payments and cannot find where this setting might be.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Risa
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Internal Error for International Sales

There is no such setting in X-Payments. You can't limit credit card processing by country in X-Payments admin back-end. Your issue is related to some configuration at X-Cart side, namely, make sure all your X-Payments payment methods are allowed for customers from all countries.

PS:
I checked your site and it looks like you have checkout routine customized and something in that customization prevents from connecting to X-Payments if a customer chooses UK or Spain.
X-Payments product manager
Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Internal Error for International Sales

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me. I want to point out one more thing I noticed. In the x-cart admin backend, for the sales that failed, under notes it said:

--- Advanced info ---
Reason: Internal error
CVV info: not set /

I paid Qualiteam to configure X-payments for me and asked them, as well, what is wrong and this was the response:

Quote:
From this error message I see that the customers did not supply the CVV2 code.
Will your payment processor charge the card id this info is not suppled?

Could you please check what's the value of the "CVV2 required" option on the Authorize.Net configuration page in your X-Payments back office, "optional" or "required"?

First of all, I do not believe that my customers did NOT supply a CVV #. This is so common that I'm sure she did. I will ask her, though.

Also, Authorize.net said that the transaction never got to them to even process it, so I agree that it is something with the configuration on my servers - it's an x-cart problem and not an authorize.net issue.

I'd love to fix this myself and not wait for Qualiteam, because the time zone difference causes delays, but where do I do these 2 things that you mentioned:

1. make sure all your X-Payments payment methods are allowed for customers from all countries.

2. it looks like you have checkout routine customized and something in that customization prevents from connecting to X-Payments if a customer chooses UK or Spain.

Thanks so much for your help.

Risa
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions