Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Drop down/flyout categories... where do I start?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 12-04-2003, 07:15 PM

eXpert

Quote:
"funkydunk"]Actually...here's the code for include/categories.php:

Hi Funkydunk,

I'm trying to display all categories as a tree.
How do you process subcategories in the loop?
Here is my "categories.tpl"

Code:
{section name=cat_num loop=$categories} <div id='menuLabel{%cat_num.index%}' class='menuLabel'>{ $categories[cat_num].category_name|escape }</div> <div id='menu{%cat_num.index%}' class='menuBox'> {section name=subcat_num loop=$subcategories} { $subcategories[subcat_num].category_name } {/section} </div> {/section}

loop=$subcategories is not correct. Is it possible to loop only subcategories for this category here with mod to categories.php you posted?[/quote]

Anton Pachkine
finestshops.com/x-cart
Old 12-04-2003, 07:44 PM

X-Wizard

Wonder if Funkydunk finished this cat mod ?
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
Old 12-04-2003, 11:06 PM

X-Man

I have it running on a couple of 3.4.x sites in different guises, but have given up on putting a full blown mod together due to the fancy categories mod of xcart 3.5.0.

The drop down cats are being used on:
kidsgloriouskids.co.uk
cable-shop.co.uk

The are both live sites so please no dummy orders.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:40 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
I have it running on a couple of 3.4.x sites in different guises, but have given up on putting a full blown mod together due to the fancy categories mod of xcart 3.5.0.

Where can I get this fancy categories mod of xcart 3.5.0?
X-cart guys say they do not have it.

Any help with categories.tpl ? I need exactly what you've done.
Maybe I can buy it from you. Please let me know.
anton@27stars.com

Anton Pachkine
finestshops.com/x-cart
Old 12-05-2003, 07:38 AM

X-Man

ok cos i am in a good mood today...

include/categories.php

Code:
<? /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2003 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: categories.php,v 1.46.2.1 2003/06/02 11:57:44 svowl Exp $ # # # For users some categories may be disabled # if ($current_area == "C") { $membership_condition = " AND ($sql_tbl[categories].membership='$user_account[membership]' OR $sql_tbl[categories].membership='') "; } else { $membership_condition = ""; } // funkydunk modification // amended query to get the main cat and subcat for each record $categories_data = func_query("select $sql_tbl[categories].*, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', -1) as category_name, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', 1) as maincat, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', 2) as subcat from $sql_tbl[categories] ".($current_area=="C"?"where $sql_tbl[categories].avail='Y' $membership_condition ":"")." group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by ".($current_area=="C" ? "order_by" : "category")); # # Put all categories into $all_categories array and find current_category # by categoryid stored in $cat # if(!$categories_data) $categories_data = array(); foreach($categories_data as $k=>$category_data) { if ($current_area == "C") { $int_res = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE code='$store_language' AND categoryid='$category_data[categoryid]'"); if ($int_res["category"]) $categories_data[$k]["category_name"] = $category_data["category_name"] = $int_res["category"]; if ($int_res["description"]) $categories_data[$k]["description"] = $category_data["description"] = $int_res["description"]; } if ($category_data["categoryid"]==$cat) { $current_category = $category_data; } // funkydunk code if(strstr($category_data["category"],"/")) { if ($category_data["category"] == $category_data["subcat"]){ // echo "got one"; // after taking off the initial category name this checks to see if this is only a sub category with no categories below it. // if i didn't do this the subcategory would be duplicated in the list $categories_data[$k]["subcatonly"]="true"; } } // end of funkydunk amended code $all_categories = $categories_data; // func_print_r ($all_categories); } # # Put all root categories to $categories array # Put all subcategories of current_category to $categories array # foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $category=$all_category["category"]; $cur_dir_len = strlen($current_category["category"]); if(!strstr($category,"/")) { $categories[]=$all_category; if(empty($current_category)) { $subcategories[]=$all_category; } } if(substr($category,0,$cur_dir_len+1) == $current_category["category"]."/" and $category!=$current_category["category"]) if(!strstr(substr($category,$cur_dir_len+1),"/")) { $all_category["category"]=ereg_replace("^.*/","",$all_category["category"]); $subcategories[]=$all_category; } } # # Put subcategory_count to $subcategories array # if ($subcategories) foreach($subcategories as $key =>$subcategory) { $subcategory["subcategory_count"]=0; foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { if ($all_category["categoryid"]==$subcategory["categoryid"]) { $cur_dir_len = strlen($all_category["category"]); $current_subcategory=$all_category["category"]; } } foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $category=$all_category["category"]; if(substr($category,0,$cur_dir_len+1) == $current_subcategory."/" and $category!=$current_subcategory) if(!strstr(substr($category,$cur_dir_len+1),"/")) $subcategory["subcategory_count"]++; } $subcategories[$key]["subcategory_count"]=$subcategory["subcategory_count"]; } # # Generate category sequence, i.e. # Books, Books/Poetry, Books/Poetry/Philosophy ... # $current_category_array = explode("/",$current_category["category"]); $prev = $current_category_array[0]; list($key,$val)=each($current_category_array); $new_array = array($val); while(list($key,$val)=each($current_category_array)) { $new_array[] = $prev."/".$val; $prev = $prev."/".$val; } unset($current_category_array); # # Generate array for displaying categories sequence in location # $category_location=array(); reset($all_categories); $my_cats = array (); foreach($all_categories as $all_category) { $categoryid=$all_category["categoryid"]; $category=$all_category["category"]; $my_cats [$categoryid] = $category; } asort ($my_cats); foreach ($my_cats as $categoryid => $category) { reset ($new_array); while(list($key,$val)=each($new_array)) { if ($val==$category) { foreach($categories_data as $category_data) { if ($category_data["categoryid"] == $categoryid) $val = $category_data["category_name"]; } $category_location[]=array(ereg_replace(".*/","",$val),"home.php?cat=".$categoryid); } } } # # Assign Smarty variables # $smarty->assign("allcategories",$all_categories); $smarty->assign("categories",$categories); $smarty->assign("subcategories",$subcategories); $smarty->assign("current_category",$current_category); $smarty->assign("cat",$cat); ?>

skin1/customer/categories.tpl

Code:
{* $Id: categories.tpl, modified by funkydunk 2003*} {capture name=menu} <div id="popmenu" class="menuskin" onMouseover="clearhidemenu();highlightmenu(event,'on')" onMouseout="highlightmenu(event,'off');dynamichide(event)"> </div> {if $config.General.root_categories eq "Y"} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[cat].maincat eq $categories[cat_num].category_name} {if $allcategories[cat].subcatonly}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/if} {/section} <font class=CategoriesList> <a href="home.php?cat={ $categories[cat_num].categoryid }" class="VertMenuItems" {if $tmp eq 1}onMouseover="showmenu(event,linkset[{$smarty.section.cat_num.index}])" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()"{/if}> { $categories[cat_num].category_name|escape }</a></font> {/section} {else} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} <font class=CategoriesList>{ $subcategories[cat_num].category_name|escape }</font> {/section} {/if} {/capture} { include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }

new template
customer/dropdown.tpl
Code:
{* dropdown.tpl funkydunk 2003 *} {literal} <script language="JavaScript1.2"> //Pop-it menu- By Dynamic Drive //For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com //This credit MUST stay intact for use var linkset=new Array() //SPECIFY MENU SETS AND THEIR LINKS. FOLLOW SYNTAX LAID OUT {/literal} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} {assign var="temp" value="0"} {section name=cat loop=$allcategories} {if $allcategories[cat].maincat eq $categories[cat_num].category_name} {if $allcategories[cat].subcatonly} {$temp} {if $temp gt 0} linkset[{$smarty.section.cat_num.index}] +='<div class="menuitems">{$allcategories[cat].category_name}</div>' {else} linkset[{$smarty.section.cat_num.index}] ='<div class="menuitems">{$allcategories[cat].category_name}</div>' {/if} {math equation="temp+1" temp=$temp assign=temp} {/if} {/if} {/section} {/section} {literal} ////No need to edit beyond here var ie4=document.all&&navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Opera")==-1 var ns6=document.getElementById&&!document.all var ns4=document.layers function showmenu(e,which){ if (!document.all&&!document.getElementById&&!document.layers) return clearhidemenu() menuobj=ie4? document.all.popmenu : ns6? document.getElementById("popmenu") : ns4? document.popmenu : "" menuobj.thestyle=(ie4||ns6)? menuobj.style : menuobj if (ie4||ns6) menuobj.innerHTML=which else{ menuobj.document.write('<layer name=gui bgColor=#081589 width=165 onmouseover="clearhidemenu()" onmouseout="hidemenu()">'+which+'</layer>') menuobj.document.close() } menuobj.contentwidth=(ie4||ns6)? menuobj.offsetWidth : menuobj.document.gui.document.width menuobj.contentheight=(ie4||ns6)? menuobj.offsetHeight : menuobj.document.gui.document.height eventX=ie4? event.clientX : ns6? e.clientX : e.x eventY=ie4? event.clientY : ns6? e.clientY : e.y //Find out how close the mouse is to the corner of the window var rightedge=ie4? document.body.clientWidth-eventX : window.innerWidth-eventX var bottomedge=ie4? document.body.clientHeight-eventY : window.innerHeight-eventY //if the horizontal distance isn't enough to accomodate the width of the context menu if (rightedge<menuobj.contentwidth) //move the horizontal position of the menu to the left by it's width menuobj.thestyle.left=ie4? document.body.scrollLeft+eventX-menuobj.contentwidth : ns6? window.pageXOffset+eventX-menuobj.contentwidth : eventX-menuobj.contentwidth else //position the horizontal position of the menu where the mouse was clicked // menuobj.thestyle.left=ie4? document.body.scrollLeft+eventX : ns6? window.pageXOffset+eventX : eventX //same concept with the vertical position if (bottomedge<menuobj.contentheight) menuobj.thestyle.top=ie4? document.body.scrollTop+eventY-menuobj.contentheight : ns6? window.pageYOffset+eventY-menuobj.contentheight : eventY-menuobj.contentheight else menuobj.thestyle.top=ie4? document.body.scrollTop+event.clientY : ns6? window.pageYOffset+eventY : eventY menuobj.thestyle.visibility="visible" return false } function contains_ns6(a, b) { //Determines if 1 element in contained in another- by Brainjar.com while (b.parentNode) if ((b = b.parentNode) == a) return true; return false; } function hidemenu(){ if (window.menuobj) menuobj.thestyle.visibility=(ie4||ns6)? "hidden" : "hide" } function dynamichide(e){ if (ie4&&!menuobj.contains(e.toElement)) hidemenu() else if (ns6&&e.currentTarget!= e.relatedTarget&& !contains_ns6(e.currentTarget, e.relatedTarget)) hidemenu() } function delayhidemenu(){ if (ie4||ns6||ns4) delayhide=setTimeout("hidemenu()",500) } function clearhidemenu(){ if (window.delayhide) clearTimeout(delayhide) } function highlightmenu(e,state){ if (document.all) source_el=event.srcElement else if (document.getElementById) source_el=e.target if (source_el.className=="menuitems"){ source_el.id=(state=="on")? "mouseoverstyle" : "" } else{ while(source_el.id!="popmenu"){ source_el=document.getElementById? source_el.parentNode : source_el.parentElement if (source_el.className=="menuitems"){ source_el.id=(state=="on")? "mouseoverstyle" : "" } } } } if (ie4||ns6) document.onclick=hidemenu </script> {/literal}

lastly put an

{include file="customer/dropdown.tpl"} into the h<head> part of customer/home.tpl

SHould work nicely for you on version 3.4.x sites
Old 12-05-2003, 08:05 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
ok cos i am in a good mood today...

Man,

I think you just saved my sanity. This is the first good news for today and it's already noon.

Thank you,

Anton Pachkine
finestshops.com/x-cart
Old 12-05-2003, 11:18 AM

eXpert

First of all, let me say you are the coolest and the greatest.
Works fine in 3.5.1
From all followers of the master : thank you

Second, for anybody who is trying to implement this mod of the week,
you will have to add this code to skin1.css

Code:
.menuskin{ position:absolute; width:165px; background-color:#EEEEEE; border:1px solid #003366; line-height:18px; z-index:100; visibility:hidden; font-size: 11px; left: 150px; } .menuskin a{ text-decoration:none; color:black; padding-left:10px; padding-right:10px; }

Thanks again!

Anton Pachkine
finestshops.com/x-cart
Old 12-05-2003, 03:03 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re Mod

I put everything into place as described on this thread,but I get a this page error

Line 10266
Char 1
Error Object Expected
Code 0
Url http://www.centralsatellite.com/store/customer/home.php

What am I doing wrong?

Thank's
Censat
Old 12-05-2003, 04:04 PM

nice bit of code there! Successfully implemented in 3.5.1. Does this script only read 'Cat1' > 'Cat2' from the database? If so,is there a work around to read further categories e.g. 'Cat 1' > 'Cat 2' > 'Cat 3'?

thanks
Old 12-05-2003, 07:56 PM

X-Wizard

Glad you are in a good mood, thanx, I will give it a try.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions