Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Including Email Sign-up Code in the Header Bar

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM

Unhappy Including Email Sign-up Code in the Header Bar

Hi. I have 2 questions:

Question 1:
I'm working on my header bar and can't figure out how to add an email sign-up box. Currently on my website (www.shatterpointentertianment.com) there is a search box in the grey header area. I would like to add the email sign-up box right next to it. I tried inserting this code:

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
<link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
#mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:20px;}
/* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
</style>
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="http://shatterpointentertainment.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=97ea5c741a6ed5a8db8dd9698&amp;id=0fa06e42a6 " method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required>
<div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

into this file:

ideal_comfort/customer/head.tpl

When I check the website, it places the email box right on top of the search box. What do I need to fix so that it appears beside the words "advanced search".

Question 2:
The sign-up box looks like this

http://shatterpointentertainment.com/images/email.png

How can I get the "subscribe" button moved to the right of the "email address" box?
Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Including Email Sign-up Code in the Header Bar

CSS is the problem and the solution. Its very hard for anyone to help with CSS without a link to the actual page in question.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design