Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Common sense Product Layout modification (4.3)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Common sense Product Layout modification (4.3)

I don't have the specific changes for you, but if you want to edit product_details.tpl, copy it from common_files into the same location under chromo then make your changes there.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:54 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Hi acidon,
Thanks for the code!!

I want to modify product details page which contains product details only no any other things that is no category no left panel only contents header and footer and centralized or left aligned product detail page with large image.

My purpose is to focus the product details only no other things.Actually I have a 2 column fashion store to sell different kind of fashion related product.I want to display product detail page with larger display.

I want to display in this manner --http://www.thefashiontree.com/screen.JPG

How to achieve that in 4.4 1 in 2 column??

Any solution to achieve my requirement..?? I really want to solve it...

Waiting for someone to reply...

Thanks to all...
Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 AM

I had applied this mod a while back and recently added the Easy Variant View mod by BCSE. Since then my descriptions have dissapeared. I re-installed my backup files to remove the variant mod and the descriptions are still missing. Any ideas how I can fix this? Has anyone had this issue before?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidon
I bet 90% of x-cart owners sooner or later decide to place full product description under product picture(s)/product options area and make it use full page width instead of shy little corner on the right.

I searched forum for an easy solution, but was only able to find the tutorial for 4.2. After looking into code i realized that 4.2 solution is NOT going to work for 4.3 ....

An hour later I came up with this solution which I am more then happy to share with all of you guys :

1) Go to /customer/main/product_details.tpl and edit out next piece of code with {* *} :
Code:
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" summary="{$lng.lbl_description|escape}"> <tr> <td class="descr">{$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr}</td> {if $active_modules.Special_Offers} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/product_bp_icon.tpl"} {/if} {if $product.appearance.has_market_price && $product.appearance.market_price_discount gt 0} <td align="right" valign="top"> <div class="save-percent-container"> <div class="save" id="save_percent_box"> <span id="save_percent">{$product.appearance.market_price_discount}</span>% </div> </div> </td> {/if} </tr> </table>

2) in the same template, right after the first piece of code you just edited out, find:
Code:
<table cellspacing="0" class="product-properties" summary="{$lng.lbl_description|escape}"> <tr> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_sku}</td> <td class="property-value" id="product_code" colspan="2">{$product.productcode|escape}</td> </tr> {if $config.Appearance.show_in_stock eq "Y" && $config.General.unlimited_products ne "Y" && $product.distribution eq ""} <tr> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_in_stock}</td> <td class="property-value product-quantity-text" colspan="2"> {if $product.avail gt 0} {$lng.txt_items_available|substitute:"items":$product.avail} {else} {$lng.lbl_no_items_available} {/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {if $product.weight ne "0.00" || $variants ne ''} <tr id="product_weight_box"{if $product.weight eq '0.00'} style="display: none;"{/if}> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_weight}</td> <td class="property-value" colspan="2"> <span id="product_weight">{$product.weight|formatprice}</span> {$config.General.weight_symbol} </td> </tr>

and replace it with :

Code:
<table cellspacing="0" class="product-properties" summary="{$lng.lbl_description|escape}"> <tr> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_sku}</td> <td class="property-value" id="product_code">{$product.productcode|escape}</td><td rowspan="3" align="right" valign="top">{if $product.appearance.has_market_price && $product.appearance.market_price_discount gt 0} <div class="save-percent-container"> <div class="save" id="save_percent_box"> <span id="save_percent">{$product.appearance.market_price_discount}</span>% </div> </div>{/if}</td> </tr> {if $config.Appearance.show_in_stock eq "Y" && $config.General.unlimited_products ne "Y" && $product.distribution eq ""} <tr> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_in_stock}</td> <td class="property-value product-quantity-text"> {if $product.avail gt 0} {$lng.txt_items_available|substitute:"items":$product.avail} {else} {$lng.lbl_no_items_available} {/if} </td> </tr> {/if} {if $product.weight ne "0.00" || $variants ne ''} <tr id="product_weight_box"{if $product.weight eq '0.00'} style="display: none;"{/if}> <td class="property-name">{$lng.lbl_weight}</td> <td class="property-value"> <span id="product_weight">{$product.weight|formatprice}</span> {$config.General.weight_symbol} </td> </tr>

3) Go to /customer/main/product.tpl and find :
Code:
<div class="details"{if $max_image_width gt 0} style="margin-left: {$max_image_width}px;"{/if}> {include file="customer/main/product_details.tpl"} {if $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne ""} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/product_buttons.tpl"} {/if} </div> <div class="clearing"></div>

right after it add :

Code:
<p class="descr">{$product.fulldescr|default:$product.descr}</p> {if $active_modules.Special_Offers} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/product_bp_icon.tpl"} {/if}

This should do it

P.S: In order to modify/adjust the product options layout after modification (if neccessary), go to /main.css and find :

table.product-properties .property-name {
width: 30px;
white-space: nowrap;
}
table.product-properties .property-value {
white-space: normal;
}

Play around with this CSS to get the desired look

What changes you need to make in the admin files so that you can edit the product description. This MOD is only changing the custome front end. It is nice MOD.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions