Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Early Adopters program

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-10-2015, 04:07 AM

X-Guru

Exclamation X-Cart Early Adopters program

Actually, it's not a real "program", but an opportunity for developers and users to test drive new versions of X-Cart 5 before the versions become available for other X-Cart users.

Starting with the next version (5.2.4) we will roll out updates in two waves:
1. Once we make an official release announcement, the new version becomes available for "early adopters" only.
2. A few days later (depending on results of the first wave) we open the update to the rest of the X-Cart community.

There will be one more wave ("zero" wave) used for testing purposes before the official announcement. But most of you will never notice it (at least we think so ).

[ ! ] If you want to be in the first wave for the next 5.2.4 version, please reply into this forum thread.
Do NOT post your license keys there! Just write something like "I'm in" and we will add you to "early adopters".

The 5.2.4 version will introduce a new setting that will allow you to make this decision on a per-store level.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

Last edited by qualiteam : 04-10-2015 at 04:17 AM.

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
cherie (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 06:58 AM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart Early Adopters program

Count me in.

But "few days later" to release for everyone is not enough time. If you send me the testing version on Friday and I have time to install it on following Tuesday when will I be able to do some testing, check for errors or weird behavior, etc.
Few days is not enough time for anyone to test anything. Unless "few days" for you means at least a week better 2...
Old 04-13-2015, 12:00 AM

X-Man

I can be on board, but I agree Steve. Always you gave us a version with 1 - 2 weeks before releasing. This time only allows to install and do basic things.

Let's watch to other side, Microsoft. I didn't like Windows 8, but 8.1 is pretty well, comparing with Windows 7, less memory usage. What did Microsoft to attack people? They involve them into Windows 10 creation. Actually the company said they got over 1 million ideas, and they can deal with all. Imagine the volume of this work. I guess enrolling people for doing something is a win-win story.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 04-27-2015, 04:39 AM

X-Guru

I'm in but we need more than a few days inbetween as well.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements