Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

x-payments installation

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 AM

Default x-payments installation

I made it through the installation screens with everything "passed" until I hit the last step where it said internal error....checked the logs and looks like it was due to SMTP not being set up properly. So, I didn't get the email that should have been generated at the end if the installation of x-payments. And any attempt to go back in the installation process turns up more errors. So, I believe x-payments has been installed but don't have my "next step" with the email. The log files show an SMTP issue.....now that I believe that's been corrected, how do I resume the completion of the x-payments installation? Or should I be aiming to start over with the whole installation - guessing I would need to first get rid of the database tables that were created to be able to go through the installation again? Anyone?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: x-payments installation

You should simply re-execute X-Payments's install.php script. There is no need to clean-up the database before that, the data will be overwritten automatically.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Re: x-payments installation

Thanks Joss....I did get past this point. Having another issue, however. I get the email now but the link takes me to an internal error and when I view the log files, I see:

ERROR [2012-05-10 15:06:14]
User: unknown; IP: 97.97.157.123
Zone: Model
Code: TARGET_UNALLOWED (843)
Unallowed target - "\"blank\""

Affected systems: Model/Permissions.php file (373:assert); Model/Permissions.php file (486:checkTarget); Transport/Router.php file (148:checkRouterInfo); Application.php file (147:__construct); /var/www/html/xpayments/admin.php file (26:run)

Since it seemed like a permissions issue and I wasn't finding anyone else with the same problem, I did go back and see that one set of instructions specifies making sure permissions are set on the x-payments directories and files (http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:Setting_up_file_permissions_for_X-Payments)

So, per this page's instructions, I discovered that the "privileged mode" is enabled on my server, and then followed the "terminal" commands and modified permissions as specified on this page for privileged mode:

$ find . -name '*' -type d -exec chmod 0711 {} \;
$ find . -name '*' -type f -exec chmod 0600 {} \;
$ chmod -R 755 var public lib/XPay/Templates lib/XPay/Skin

Still getting that same error though.....any ideas?
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions