Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Frontpage Slideshow

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Frontpage Slideshow

Nice work there Dan. Does the slideshow change on its own accord or needs extra interaction? Im on chrome at the moment for the sake of experience and wondered if it was just the browser.

Only thing that I can be a little negative about the front page and site is that all the PRODUCTS ARE IN CAPS AND SOME OF THEM ARE ABBREVIATED

Advanced Instant Product Search - Google style searching for your site
Glossary Mod - Help customers educate themselves
Feed Manager 3 Deal Pack - Get Started with Google Base and More
Bing X-cart export Feed - Send your items to Bing with this easy mod.

http://www.firetanksoftware.com
Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 AM

eXpert

Would have been happy to help you with the install but I had problems myself and had to turn to the best people in the xcart trade (BCS Engineering) to install it for me. Regarding the configuration of it, I can help there as this was the easy part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofea
I really want to have Frontpage slideshow installed on my site and the sooner the better. Is anyone (especially the talent contributing above) interested in providing installation services for me, please message me a quote if you are (or email me directly at rofea@hotmail.com). If not could someone suggest any services that would be able to install it.

Thanks

(in case its not in my signiture I use x-cart pro 4.1)

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofea
I really want to have Frontpage slideshow installed on my site and the sooner the better. Is anyone (especially the talent contributing above) interested in providing installation services for me, please message me a quote if you are (or email me directly at rofea@hotmail.com). If not could someone suggest any services that would be able to install it.

Thanks

(in case its not in my signiture I use x-cart pro 4.1)

If you want it installed give as a shout....
Old 02-24-2010, 08:37 AM

eXpert

Thanks Sparks!

This slide has more features than I can get my head around and it also comes with a few different skins and you can also design your own if you know how. I have configured mine to not "slide" and to only move to the next slide when "clicked". The other config options are to change slide when mouse move over the tabs or to set a time delay before each slide change. There is nothing on this slide that can not be set and the configurations are very user friendly. The creators have taken the time to specify after every single bit of code what each bit of code mean and what are your options to make some change. I found this to be great as the php version of FrontPage slide does not have an admin side yet but like I said all code is explained so no worries there.

Regarding the CAPS and ABBREVIATIONS - This has been my worst nightmare as my suppliers products has got names of around 30-40 letters. Firstly I tried shortening them to only specify the name as from the manufactures but even then they were to long and caused my product layout to keep changing (some product boxes was bigger in height than others) and this was truly a nightmare. So the solution to keep all the same was to shorten the product names as per manufacturer name and then if it was still longer than 1 line it must auto abbreviate. This is also why my site now have a set width because in the past if you opened my site e.g. on a small 15" monitor then 4 products max fitted on an average page because of the long titles. So that is why the fix was put into place. If you have any other suggestions that might be a solution I am open to them.

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks
Nice work there Dan. Does the slideshow change on its own accord or needs extra interaction? Im on chrome at the moment for the sake of experience and wondered if it was just the browser.

Only thing that I can be a little negative about the front page and site is that all the PRODUCTS ARE IN CAPS AND SOME OF THEM ARE ABBREVIATED

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 AM

Hi all,

Really liking the idea of the Frontpage Slideshow. Can someone please point me in the direction to get this nice addon?

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 AM

X-Adept

Its here > http://www.frontpageslideshow.net/

Its paid for and needs to be integrated, it's the standalone version, calls php, and needs to be configured, there is details of how to setup on the site. (But can be a little hard if no skills in this type of thing) to get it going where you want it to appear...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Hi Gizmo,

Thanks for the link and information. I will probably get it this weekend. I do have some php knowledge so hopefully it won't be that bad to install, well I will have my fingers crossed anyways.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Hey All,

Have a look at the following for a "free" alternative:

http://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingSlider/

I'm currently moving away from the frontpage slideshow to the above.

Cheers,

Regs.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM

eXpert

Bit of advice regarding the install.

The slide can run from 2 different engines, either "jquery" or "mootools".
This can be set in your slide's configuration.php
If you already have anything making use of "jquery" on the page you want the slide to display you would need to set the slide to use the "mootools" engine, otherwise there will be conflict. In my case, the "scroller" on my site underneath the slide makes use of "jquery" and the slide caused my "scroller" to stop working.

It took me some time to figure it out but got there in the end. Hope this helps to speed up your install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSprinkel
Hi Gizmo,

Thanks for the link and information. I will probably get it this weekend. I do have some php knowledge so hopefully it won't be that bad to install, well I will have my fingers crossed anyways.

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM

eXpert

Thanks. This one can be useful. Where were you 2 weeks ago when I was looking for a slide...lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regs
Hey All,

Have a look at the following for a "free" alternative:

http://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingSlider/

I'm currently moving away from the frontpage slideshow to the above.

Cheers,

Regs.

Dan

Xcart version:
4.1.10 GOLD
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site