Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

A Smoother Checkout Processor

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: A Smoother Checkout Processor

I hope I can post this with out any problems.

I sell auto parts,

2.19 discount rate
.25 trans .05 AVS = .30 transaction fee
.25 batch close fee. Not a big deal when you save .10 % on discount rate

25.00 minimum per month
9.95 monthly fee
19.95 gateway fee for link point, but there is no per transaction fee processed through the gateway.(through your shop interface or the virtual terminal.)

You also get access to mymerchantoffice.com that you can look at transaction, verify bank phone numbers, get numbers to card issuing banks, and many more features.

That is about it.

PS: If you decide to go with them, please ask for Mike Stanger and tell them that Francis Milos sent you. I will get a month credit.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 01-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Have any of you heard about or tried "Verified by Visa"?

Information can be found here: http://www.usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/vbv.html

After too many close calls on getting burnt by fraud, I am seriously considering this program.
http://cs.isaacbaker.com
LiteCommerce 2.2.35
Old 01-02-2008, 05:53 AM

Advanced Member

I want to post this info so others don't find themselves in our position. I just had an issue on Christmas Day where Paypal PRO approved a purchase that had NO CVV (numbers on the back of the credit card) or AVS (address where the credit card statement is sent every month) match . We learned the only thing Paypal PRO uses to approve or decline charges are whether or not you agree to ship to a confirmed Paypal address. CHECK YOUR SETTINGS PEOPLE. Since I used to sell on the Ebay Express site this requires you will ship to unconfirmed addresses. So unbeknowst to me the fraud filters I thought I had in place were not being used to approve/decline the charges. This was a confirmed fraudulent purchase as I found on the 27th when the authorized cardholder contacted me with that info and denied making the purchase. Happy ending the USPS was able to divert the package back to us before it could be delivered. So we are out no money but it was the wake up call to check and change our Paypal preferences and to remove Paypal PRO from the website. Scary part was the criminal buyer came back on the 29th this time with a different Mastercard number to attempt more fraudulent purchases. This time the change to shipping only to a confirmed address caused it to be declined. So if you use Paypal PRO check your preference as it's the only thing Paypal uses to decide your authorizations.
As you can imagine AuthorizeNet went on the website as the new gateway with Eonlinedata as the processor. I must say the AuthorizeNet API application was easy. It was a quick, painless job and I am NOT a techie. So I can testify to the easy integration with the Xcart software. Paypal is used so infrequently that I am removing even the basic Express Paypal from the website. Google Checkout will be the only anonymous processor on the site from now on. So please use our experience to protect your own business. We were extremely lucky that we came out of this situation with no money lost. PLEASE check your preferences in Paypal if you use Paypal Pro on your website.
X-AOM, DSEFU, X-cart Site map, Firetank's Featured Product Manager and Feedmanager Bundle, BCSEnginneering Product Meta Tags Plus, Category Meta Title Control, Static Page Meta Tag Control, and Variant Modifier,

Hosting by EWD Hosting
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by milsim
Have any of you heard about or tried "Verified by Visa"?

Information can be found here: http://www.usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/vbv.html

After too many close calls on getting burnt by fraud, I am seriously considering this program.

To implement this in xcart you are going to have to do some custom coding. Xcart is not set up to do this as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows different, please let me know.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM

While I still can't get Google Checkout to work, I implimented Your Pay, which is part of First Data, and it worked from the 1st attempt and has been flawless.

If anyone wants a contact for them, email me at marty@marcomm.net and i'll give you the sales rep who walked me thru all the steps to get it installed. I think (not 100% sure) that you don't need a 1st Data acct to use Your Pay. I had to get all new merchant acct numbers etc, so I think you can simply sign up for YP and charge cards yourself.

Thanks
marty
X-Cart ver 4.1.8 Moved to new server! Operating Mucho Better
X-AOM (Love it!!)
X-cart 4.4.3 finally in test ..! Help!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Advanced Member

Marty Google Checkout API integration has been running on my website and it does about 20% of the transactions. I would try to figure out what the problem is because it's definitely worth it to find and fix it. I also use Google's PPC ad campaigns and even when they begin charging for Google Checkout it will be free or almost free. You get transaction processing credits per dollar you spend on their ad campaigns. So combine that with higher product placement on their search engine for offering it and it's definitely something you want to get up and running. I hope you work it out so you can offer it.
X-AOM, DSEFU, X-cart Site map, Firetank's Featured Product Manager and Feedmanager Bundle, BCSEnginneering Product Meta Tags Plus, Category Meta Title Control, Static Page Meta Tag Control, and Variant Modifier,

Hosting by EWD Hosting
Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Sandy,

i've shut off google until i can figure out why.. no one in the forums seems to have a clue and my brief conversation with x-cart got nothing in terms of why it doesn't work.

my suspicion is my system is simply too slow and it times out. It's about 6-10 seconds for a page refresh and if google wants it done in under 3, it'll never make it. I've upgraded to a much more powerful server but that hasn't helped. Maybe the cert is causing the delay.. but without some clue why, it's just impossible to try to sort out all the variables.

I hope i get it going as several people tried to use it the 1st day it was live, so maybe after i upgrade to .9 i'll try again

thanks!

marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyscloset
Marty Google Checkout API integration has been running on my website and it does about 20% of the transactions. I would try to figure out what the problem is because it's definitely worth it to find and fix it. I also use Google's PPC ad campaigns and even when they begin charging for Google Checkout it will be free or almost free. You get transaction processing credits per dollar you spend on their ad campaigns. So combine that with higher product placement on their search engine for offering it and it's definitely something you want to get up and running. I hope you work it out so you can offer it.
X-Cart ver 4.1.8 Moved to new server! Operating Mucho Better
X-AOM (Love it!!)
X-cart 4.4.3 finally in test ..! Help!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:29 PM

come on duramax, i've been following your story like a crime thriller, looking forward to the conclusion at the end and there was none! i have just bought my first xcart package (its all greek to me) and would love to know if you were happy with first data. its a strange website with no prices listed.

cheers

Bill
Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 PM

X-Adept

So far no problems at all, the interface works great, you can look at the processed transactions and based on a simple 4 digit code you know if address matched, zip code matched, ect.

The virtual terminal works nicely with the aproval code being shown on completion, with the verification code also being shown.

Beside looking at your transactions in the gateway, you also get an online office account, that lets you look at the transaction, showing you the discount rate , ect.

I am very happy with them so far. Below are the rates the quoted me. The rates are based on risk.

I sell auto parts,

2.19 discount rate
.25 trans .05 AVS = .30 transaction fee
.50 batch close fee. Not a big deal when you save .10 % on discount rate

25.00 minimum per month
9.95 monthly fee
19.95 gateway fee for link point, but there is no per transaction fee processed through the gateway.(through your shop interface or the virtual terminal.)

If anyone is interested in am account, let me know and I will give you a contact to get a hold of. Very nice guy, very helpful, and will take the time to answe all your questions.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

X-Adept

I did find one other credit card processor that had a better rate, but they wanted a yearly membership fee.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site