Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Help - Just got bad feedback.

X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site

Old 04-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Help - Just got bad feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
It's a matter of personal preference.

Some customers like the convenience of staying on the same site, other like the "appearance" that going to a dedicated secure page and feel more secure about it.

Personally i go with the former as it's obvious on our page that it's secure and have never had any issues with customers.

It's very easy to implement, you get your merchant number from somewhere like streamline or HSBC etc. in x-cart admin/payment method select protx direct or vsp form and fill in the required details , run some tests through protx's test server and once they and you are happy bish bash bosh all done.

Thanks once again. I really appreciate the help you've given me.

Best regards,

Paul.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 AM

X-Guru

If you want to use ezCheckout within your store layout, we can set this up for you, just email FTP info and a request to our support department.

E-COMMERCE FUTURE
https://www.stackdigital.com

LINKEDIN
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smackdigital
Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Advanced Member

I'm glad I found this thread. Our "fill in your details" checkout page is just the same. I have been wanting to change it for a month now. In the past month, according to Analytics, only 16% of people who make it to the checkout page complete an order. That number is pretty low in my book.

Just like your customer said, I think it is too confusing and also intimidating because it seems to "demand" you create an account. I personally do not like to create an account on most places I buy things. I want the checkout process to be as simple as possible. Even though it states near the bottom " you want to become a registered user of our store please fill in Username and Password fields, otherwise leave blank." The impression I get from the page before I ever make it that far is that creating an account is required.

If I personally came to a page like that, I would probably see if I couldn't find another site, unless I knew for sure they had the best price, fastest shipping, only place to get it, etc, etc.

Having to fill out your life story, and not seeing a place to put credit card details makes me weary. I wonder if there will be anotehr page to fill out like... "select offers you want to receive from our partners." I would rather have an option to create an account... not be forced to. I think that holds true for a lot of online shoppers.

Some of the Yahoo stores have a one page check out... still not as simple as it could be.. but shows me that this page will truly allow me to make the purchase. Check out the one on www.LEDBulbSource.com

I know a lot of people will say "Shoppers like the convenience of having an account when they return." Not me... it takes a lot to turn me in to a "loyal" customer. Great service is a plus, but average service and best price will always trump it in my book.

Jon - is it possible to get a version of your ezcheckout that takes all info on just one page? I see that it is laid out in steps, and each page describes the process. I beleive that will put some shoppers at ease, but not skeptics like me. If it were a new site that I hadn't visited before, I wouldn't bother to stop and read. I judge in less than a second if the Checkout page is "acceptable" or not.

Is anyone else like this, or am I just weird?

all 3 have many 3rd party mods.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Advanced Member

I don't know if you're weird or not : ) but I think you make some good points. I also use this easy checkout mod, and my order completion rate is no better than yours. Something is scaring them away, and I think it is confusing them somewhere. Or, as you say, maybe they don't want to set up an account.

If we could limit the information to only that which is needed - address, etc - I would like it better.

Can this be done?

Loyalty Points, DSEFU, Easy Checkout, Featured Product Manager, Remember Me, Relevant Search, Vertical Flyouts, Multiple Category Templates. Loads of other tweaks and mods learned in forums.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 AM

Advanced Member

I just wanted everyone know that I've come across a new free tool that you can integrate with x-cart very easily and lets you see the exact mouse movements your customers use. It's very eye opening and I think it highlights big issues with the x-cart layout. Do a search on google for robotreplay and try it out. I now know I have to make sure serious changes to the site.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:38 AM

Veteran

So correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that software keylog everything your customer enters including user/pass and CC info? Sounds like a major security issue waiting to happen.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDoor
Is it possible to get a version of your ezcheckout that takes all info on just one page? I see that it is laid out in steps, and each page describes the process. I beleive that will put some shoppers at ease, but not skeptics like me. If it were a new site that I hadn't visited before, I wouldn't bother to stop and read. I judge in less than a second if the Checkout page is "acceptable" or not.

X-Cart makes this nearly impossible.

E-COMMERCE FUTURE
https://www.stackdigital.com

LINKEDIN
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smackdigital
Old 04-20-2007, 12:28 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
So correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that software keylog everything your customer enters including user/pass and CC info? Sounds like a major security issue waiting to happen.

You beat me to it Balinor

I wouldn't use that on any secure pages (https) I can see it's benefit on non secure pages though

what would be the if statement to just use it on non ssl pages?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotc2001
You beat me to it Balinor

I wouldn't use that on any secure pages (https) I can see it's benefit on non secure pages though

what would be the if statement to just use it on non ssl pages?

It doesnt support SSL pages, so its only useful to see the normal http browsing. I've got it working with the following code:

{if $smarty.server.SERVER_PORT == 80}
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.robotreplay.com/javascripts/nitobi.replay.js"></script>
{/if}

Regards,
Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 PM

X-Adept

I'm also very interested in Robotplay.
Anyone has a idea how to get it working only on non secure pages?

And mushy99, sorry for hijacking your topic...

Thanks!
   X-Cart forums > General > Show us your X-Cart site